Motor Bikes are Special in Thailand

GMoney2312

Well my experience of driving motorcycles here isn't driving around it's not knowing what someone else is going to do. I drove many bikes in the UK last one being gpz900r.

In Thailand only a few years ago big bikes were not around so Thais with thier basic skills of driving cannot read danger or the speed your going

To drive anything bigger here than a 250 is well eye opening

I don't understand buying a Ducati or R1 to drive around in 1st or 2nd gear

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 1:10 PM, GMoney2312 said:

Using my Rumble account for this one. The Leftists at You Tube might find it "mean" and toss me into a Chinese prison, so.....

Enjoy!

Share your dash cams if you have it!

https://rumble.com/vt6053-motor-bikes-are-special-in-thailand.html

ok  how  about this wtat who drove into the back of my two  week  old  brand new  pick up then we  had  another  plank who  desperately  wanted to pass me even though I was  passing  traffic and had a  slower  vehicle  in front.......good  crash at the end though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And the second impatient retard and  following  boy  racer who got  his  come uppance right at the end far right driving head  on into a parked  car, 11/10 I  gave them 

My  Movie  2  the sequel front and rear  cams

Edited by RampantRabbit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Well changnam that about sums it up. In the UK they changed the law so you couldn't go straight to a 125 to a superbike for a reason. Although I did pass my motorcycle test in 1981 on a Honda 250

Edited by Geo
misspelled
  • Like 1

Honestly the people who drive four or more wheeled vehicles here are just as bad.

90+% of my journeys here are by motorcycle and I have lost count of the number of times I have rounded a corner to find myself staring at the front grille of a pickup truck on my side of the road.

These days it does not even raise my pulse.

Most commonly it is some guy cutting the corner because it is faster.  Overtaking on a blind bend also features large.

Some poor sod on a bike got wiped out by a truck driver overtaking on a blind bend 500 metres from my house.  You could still see the oil stain from his smashed engine six months later.  Thankfully the blood was hosed away the same day.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Geo said:

Well changnam that about sums it up. In the UK they changed the law so you couldn't go straight to a 125 to a superbike for a reason. Although I did pass my motorcycle test in 1981 on a Honda 250

I passed my UK bike test back in 1977 in the snow.  I am not sure who was more nervous about the emergency stop, me or the tester.  Back then the tester just used to step into the road and hold his hand up.  Probably the same for you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RampantRabbit said:

And the second impatient retard and  following  boy  racer who got  his  come uppance right at the end far right driving head  on into a parked  car, 11/10 I  gave them 

My  Movie  2  the sequel front and rear  cams

and the cause  of the  accident apart from the two retards was  his  final  disapproval of  not  being able  to force his  way  past......heres  the front  cam, note  how to show  his  disaproval he swerves  over into my lane making the boy  racer hit the parked  car, I anticipated his wank manouvre and departed  over  to the right  lane

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

And  despite  his  actions causing    part of   the  accident ,as the other  moron also couldnt wait.......did he  stop?..............oh  no. The second pick  up certainly did  though.....very quickly!

Edited by RampantRabbit

17 hours ago, Changnam43 said:

When I sold my Ducati 795 to a Thai guy I asked him what experience he had.

He said "No problem I have ridden a Honda Scoopy."

What  more do you need  😂

On 1/26/2022 at 9:06 AM, RampantRabbit said:

And  despite  his  actions causing    part of   the  accident ,as the other  moron also couldnt wait.......did he  stop?..............oh  no. The second pick  up certainly did  though.....very quickly!

That truly was some appalling driving.

The only positive I can see in this is that if the guy hadn't crashed into the parked truck he almost certainly would have wiped out the motorcyclist some ten metres further on.  Yes the guy on the bike riding on the wrong side of the road.

2 hours ago, Changnam43 said:

That truly was some appalling driving.

Ive seen worse, its  just ridiculous what theyll  do,I  have nothing but contempt  for many Thai drivers, put  bluntly, they are frikking dangerous idiots with no regard for anyone else whatsoever and worse  still dont like being told  that to their faces, then the tourist board  feeds  us the "lovely  Thai  people" myth, comical.

Oh you mustnt paint them all with the same brush.............yeah right, theres  way  too many of them, its  not  occasional or  unusual, I can sit at my local traffic  lights any day , anytime and watch 3  seconds after red to see  huge  lorries/pickups  rampage through,  I have no sympathy whatsoever for their demise.

Another one I dont have on cam sadly  was the "head  on opposite direction Im overtaking get  outta  my way"   trick.........I didnt, the guy swerved  all over the road and ended  upside  down in a ditch.........bet after that he still learnt nothing.

Selfish ,lazy  and  arrogant in many cases....... Red  light right lane turn  queue jumpers..........go down the straight  ahead  lane to turn right and cut across  you........... last guy got  really  pissed when he couldnt carve in, pulled  out his  machete, reported to the Police, nowt  done, right outside the main Police  station. Got that one on video

On 1/27/2022 at 12:56 PM, RampantRabbit said:

Ive seen worse, its  just ridiculous what theyll  do,I  have nothing but contempt  for many Thai drivers, put  bluntly, they are frikking dangerous idiots with no regard for anyone else whatsoever and worse  still dont like being told  that to their faces, then the tourist board  feeds  us the "lovely  Thai  people" myth, comical.

Oh you mustnt paint them all with the same brush.............yeah right, theres  way  too many of them, its  not  occasional or  unusual, I can sit at my local traffic  lights any day , anytime and watch 3  seconds after red to see  huge  lorries/pickups  rampage through,  I have no sympathy whatsoever for their demise.

Another one I dont have on cam sadly  was the "head  on opposite direction Im overtaking get  outta  my way"   trick.........I didnt, the guy swerved  all over the road and ended  upside  down in a ditch.........bet after that he still learnt nothing.

Selfish ,lazy  and  arrogant in many cases....... Red  light right lane turn  queue jumpers..........go down the straight  ahead  lane to turn right and cut across  you........... last guy got  really  pissed when he couldnt carve in, pulled  out his  machete, reported to the Police, nowt  done, right outside the main Police  station. Got that one on video

You seem to be a danger on the roads in Thailand far worse than those Thais you describe. You haven’t got used to the way of driving here.

You can’t drive here the way you drive back home. And you can’t drive back home the way you drive here.

• Haha 1