News Forum - WHO says Europe could be heading for end of pandemic following Omicron surge

Thaiger

The World Health Organisation’s Europe director says the region could be headed for the end of the pandemic. According to an AFP report, Hans Kluge says the highly-contagious Omicron variant is likely to infect 60% of Europeans by March. This could move the virus into a new phase and herald the end of its pandemic status in Europe, once the current surge dies down. “There will be, for quite some weeks and months, a global immunity, either thanks to the vaccine or because people have immunity due to the infection, and also lowering seasonality. We anticipate that there will be […]

The story WHO says Europe could be heading for end of pandemic following Omicron surge as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The World Health Organisation’s Europe director says the region could be headed for the end of the pandemic. According to an AFP report, Hans Kluge says the highly-contagious Omicron variant is likely to infect 60% of Europeans by March. This could move the virus into a new phase and herald the end of its pandemic status in Europe, once the current surge dies down. “There will be, for quite some weeks and months, a global immunity, either thanks to the vaccine or because people have immunity due to the infection, and also lowering seasonality. We anticipate that there will be […]

The story WHO says Europe could be heading for end of pandemic following Omicron surge as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Great news!

5 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Wow, positive news! Does Pfizer allow this to be out in the open? 😮

They will still have a big market in low vaxx countries and for 💊

Glad you are worried about "little guys" like Pfizer getting hurt by the good news ;-) 

5 minutes ago, Max1983a said:

Bad news for fearmongers. It's been hard to be them this year 😏

Yes, the newly afraid are those facing charges of global genocide. Hence the walkback. Don't let them off the hook. Mengele has nothing on them.

• Like 3

I'll believe it when I see it....I'm not antivax or anti mask or a conspiracy theorist. I just want to see Covid go the way of the Spanish Flu!!! 

• Like 1

Great news, but if THA policy makers don't get behind this notion, then nothing changes. Closures, restrictions and unreasonable testing regiments continue... Probably for another 6 months

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'll believe it when I see it....I'm not antivax or anti mask or a conspiracy theorist. I just want to see Covid go the way of the Spanish Flu!!! 

Exactly. We all just hope for the best outcome.

I personally look forward to the day when I don't have to read the utter drivel of the tin foil hat conspiracy theorists and antimask/vax who can get back to UFO abductions, crystal healing or whatever.

WHO, the credibility of any kids magazine, Beano, Dandy, Viz, Tedros should allow Ian Hislop to edit his Bullshit.

Edited by Guevara
Spelling error

3 minutes ago, Robosibbo said:

All Covid tests to be scrapped for vaccinated England arrivals, PM says

Hope Thailand looks at this

I hardly think the UK is a model of covid leadership.

2 minutes ago, Artemis080 said:

I hardly think the UK is a model of covid leadership.

Excellent point. I've seen this same argument elsewhere. Country X does this, why doesn't Thailand?! 

As if Thailand (or any country) has to do what some other country does, at the same time, in the same way. 

Sorry, your holiday may be delayed.

Don't mind the pandemic, the dead bodies will be removed shortly. 

• Like 1