News Forum - Government to make more Covid insurance options available to foreign tourists

Thaiger

4 minutes ago, Stonker said:

If you meet the criteria, yes - or your condo, or even someone else's house as it won't be in your name anyway, or someone else's condo.

It all depends on meeting the criteria and on the severity.

Thanks for the info, so I can use one of my partner's (Thai) houses in Phuket  as she has all the paperwork in order. 

I will get a thirty year lease on one of her houses next time I am there so I can use that in future for visas etc. 

9 hours ago, palooka said:

Think the Thai Govt need to get their act together on this issue of Insurance or it may prove the death knell to tourism in total.

Insurance policy backed by the Thai Govt to cover all Thai Govt requirements for Covid would be a start.

Classes of level of cover ie General Thai hospital as per same for Thais and a two, three or four other levels higher depending on travellers request, and paid for,  level of cover.

Compulsory to all tourists, no Insurance no visa.  If they can keep the pricing honest without the Farung extra sting it may work.

Tourist happy they know where they stand, hospitals happy get money, Govt happy they have tourists.

💯% agree the Thai government giving clear guidance would be brilliant. 

"Death knell" is pointlessly dramatic. The death knell of mass tourism has already been signaled. 

15 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Thanks for the info, so I can use one of my partner's (Thai) houses in Phuket  as she has all the paperwork in order. 

I will get a thirty year lease on one of her houses next time I am there so I can use that in future for visas etc. 

For the home isolation there's no paperwork involved beyond confirmation you can stay there.

For "visas etc" it makes no difference to the visa or extension - all you need is confirmation from the "house master" registered in the tabien baan (house book) that you can stay / are staying there - some IO's need it once, some once a year when you extend your extension of stay, but we're veering off topic.

10 minutes ago, Stonker said:

For the home isolation there's no paperwork involved beyond confirmation you can stay there.

For "visas etc" it makes no difference to the visa or extension - all you need is confirmation from the "house master" registered in the tabien baan (house book) that you can stay / are staying there - some IO's need it once, some once a year when you extend your extension of stay, but we're veering off topic.

Cheers, I will take all that info on board, OK we can stop now as we might be told off and have to go and stand in the corner.😀

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, palooka said:

Classes of level of cover ie General Thai hospital as per same for Thais and a two, three or four other levels higher depending on travellers request, and paid for,  level of cover.

Not for a "General Thai hospital as per same for Thais" if you presumably mean a government / state hospital.

They've been very and consistently clear that any 'new' tourists' / expats' insurance is only for private hospitals for anything Covid related.  You can't use insurance to pay for treatment at a state hospital - any claim is strictly between you and your insurer.

I've not seen anything even suggesting that may have changed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, the Thai government still haven't approve the COVID-19 insurance for hotel isolation of our choice in case of false positive, they have a history of dropping the ball and not taken care of, big difference from insurance of B800 to B30K on your own pocket.

On 1/23/2022 at 11:23 PM, Finn-Matti said:

From where to get insurance that covers hospitel or hotel quarantine for those got positive PCR test but are asymptomatic? And price? Is the insurance compulsory? Planning to stay in Thailand 3 to 4 months.

Can you recommend any insurance companies?

Be careful when choosing AXA because it does not cover asymptomatic and I've heard from multiple farangs that they have to pay between B150K-B200K for 10 days of hotel isolation in getting scammed and ripped off.Try to get Tune IPass Travel, be sure to read which one is cover.

7 hours ago, ace035 said:

Be careful when choosing AXA because it does not cover asymptomatic and I've heard from multiple farangs that they have to pay between B150K-B200K for 10 days of hotel isolation in getting scammed and ripped off.Try to get Tune IPass Travel, be sure to read which one is cover.

There has been multiple people oh this forum that have been hotel isolated and they didn't have to pay much more than regular room rate 

Are you just "hearing things" or you have 1st hand knowledge?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marc26 said:

There has been multiple people oh this forum that have been hotel isolated and they didn't have to pay much more than regular room rate 

It's based on the article that I read yesterday, that I have to post later on. It's very important to check with the AQ Hotel that has contracted with the hospital if it's public or private to verify with the COVID-19 insurance company either AXA or TUNE IPass. If it's private hospital, then you screwed, because they will ask for the payment upfront of B10K a day or B100K for 10 days by telling you that it's not covered. Not in a panic mode right now, I just want to help fellow incoming tourists whose planning to go to Thailand to make sure they read this article: https://pattayaone.news/beware-travelers-to-thailand-whose-pcr-tests-return-a-positive/?fbclid=IwAR1hSvT_rnzTgIGtcVCly2kbz61nKaeLcN-Op2M7QxO-Udrj4yRkiD1luV0

14 minutes ago, ace035 said:

It's based on the article that I read yesterday, that I have to post later on. It's very important to check with the AQ Hotel that has contracted with the hospital if it's public or private to verify with the COVID-19 insurance company either AXA or TUNE IPass. If it's private hospital, then you screwed, because they will ask for the payment upfront of B10K a day or B100K for 10 days by telling you that it's not covered. Not in a panic mode right now, I just want to help fellow incoming tourists whose planning to go to Thailand to make sure they read this article: https://pattayaone.news/beware-travelers-to-thailand-whose-pcr-tests-return-a-positive/?fbclid=IwAR1hSvT_rnzTgIGtcVCly2kbz61nKaeLcN-Op2M7QxO-Udrj4yRkiD1luV0

But what I am saying is we have evidence on this forum that people who have tested positive and were isolated in their hotels only had to pay the regular rate of slightly higher to include food

But anyone booking a T&G hotel should communicate with the hotel and ask specifically what happens in the chance you test positive and what the costs will be

I've been emailing hotels for the trip we canceled in January and now for the trip planned for April

And they respond quickly and with detailed information and they answer questions 

Edited by Marc26

That's true and I agree with you, not just have to communicate with the Test and Go SHA+ Hotel but also finding out which hospital connected with. Is it private or public hospital? That's what I'm trying to find out. I haven't booked anything yet but I am looking around either May or June. I doubt the situation will be improve during those time but right now everybody threw Thailand under the bus for that scamming and ripping off incoming tourists.

On 1/24/2022 at 2:43 PM, Artemis080 said:

The AXA Sawatdee policy was highly regarded as premium with direct settlement by a Thai insurer, including asymptomatic. But even they do not cover for a hotel quarantine.

Covid-19 > If I’m tested positive for COVID-19 and have to be quarantined in the hotel. Will AXA pay for this hotel cost?

No, AXA will not cover for hotel accommodation cost. AXA will however cover for other medical costs such as physician fees and medicine

A couple of weeks ago, some forum members claimed the opposite. And where furious , if "you" wrote that they don't pay for not medical related "you are positive, you have to go to hospital"  costs..

Perhaps they can now point to the insirances, which will pay every quarantine costs?. I doubt that, at time, but hope dies last?

9 hours ago, Marc26 said:

If you are in covid risk group I think you cannot be hotel isolated. You have to go to hospital. At least I read the information from The Thaiger.  I mean those definitions of high risk (4.1, 4.2 and 4.3):

IMG-20220114-WA0000.jpg

Edited by Finn-Matti

1 hour ago, Finn-Matti said:

If you are in covid risk group I think you cannot be hotel isolated. You have to go to hospital. At least I read the information from The Thaiger.  I mean those definitions of high risk (4.1, 4.2 and 4.3):

IMG-20220114-WA0000.jpg

Not necessarily, it depends where in Thailand you will be but in Pattaya, the officials over there are discussing about hotel isolation for false positive asymptomatic or mild symptoms that incoming tourists are given an option to go to hospital or a choice of AQ Hotel. If it is not covered by COVID insurance on hotel isolation, they might be paying close to B30K. It's not approve yet but we shall see any development later on.