News Forum - Free Covid-19 testing events in Bangkok daily throughout January

Thaiger

With Covid-19 infections on the rise, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration launched a series of testing events in 80 communities around the city through the end of January. The campaign is aimed at proactive testing to identify and hopefully contain infections as the highly contagious Omicron variant spreads quickly through the city and the country. The series of testing events began yesterday and will run through the end of the month, with testing facilities fanning out across the capital. In the interest of expedience, people will be tested with antigen test kits which return test results in about 30 minutes. Anyone […]

The story Free Covid-19 testing events in Bangkok daily throughout January as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, Pi_Tim said:

Free testings or last chance to grab asymptomatic farangs to pay useless hospitel or visa overstay ??

Maybe you didn't read the article or think this through:

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Anyone interested is invited to bring their ID card and a blue pen to testing locations on the day of the test .....

This testing is entirely voluntary.  Why would "asymptomatic farangs" go out of their way to go and be tested unnecessarily?

• Cool 1

21 hours ago, Stonker said:

Maybe you didn't read the article or think this through:

This testing is entirely voluntary.  Why would "asymptomatic farangs" go out of their way to go and be tested unnecessarily?

Well, please allow me to return you the question: what is the purpose of testing people knowing that over 90% of Bangkok infections are from Omicron ?
What's the objective ??? Proving that UK, Spain, France, etc.. are going the wrong way ??

Rule of engagement:  a contact case has to quarantine ...

There is always an objective ... I just shared my thoughts, please share yours !

Cheers !

PS: in any case, I really hope these rules stop, and we return to a 'normal life' ...

45 minutes ago, Pi_Tim said:

Well, please allow me to return you the question: what is the purpose of testing people knowing that over 90% of Bangkok infections are from Omicron ?
What's the objective ??? Proving that UK, Spain, France, etc.. are going the wrong way ??

Rule of engagement:  a contact case has to quarantine ...

There is always an objective ... I just shared my thoughts, please share yours !

Cheers !

PS: in any case, I really hope these rules stop, and we return to a 'normal life' ...

I'm obviously not in a position to answer the question, and as I've always said I think that testing the wrong people achieves nothing and simply gives you the wrong answers - and in my view the testing in Bangkok is just another example of testing the wrong people.

On 1/24/2022 at 9:19 PM, Stonker said:

I'm obviously not in a position to answer the question, and as I've always said I think that testing the wrong people achieves nothing and simply gives you the wrong answers - and in my view the testing in Bangkok is just another example of testing the wrong people.

I agree with you, wrong testings lead to wrong conclusions.

Hopefully, we will not need to test anymore soon !! Cheers !

• Like 1