News Forum - Cannabis is becoming legal, but prosecution still a grey area

Thaiger

Now that cannabis has been removed from the narcotics list in Thailand, what’s the deal with it? Can you buy it? Sell it? Grow at? Use it? The legal status of the plant-formerly-known-as-a-drug has been a murky grey area in Thailand and legal experts are telling people to hold off on taking any action until the rules are clarified and solidified. Cannabis may have been removed from the narcotic list, but regulations and secondary laws governing its usage and possession have not yet been amended in line with its new legal status, according to the government’s legal guru Deputy Prime […]

The story Cannabis is becoming legal, but prosecution still a grey area as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cannabis is right to be legalised for medicinal use. It's therapeutic benefit is well documented and that's where it should begin and end. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

. . . and legal experts are telling people to hold off on taking any action until the rules are clarified and solidified.

Rude, I know, @Jason, but on reading this I almost did something unmentionable 🙄!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Okay let us keep moving forward with medical and recreational usage. Asap!!!. With hope and wise thinking the government will rise the THC level up to 15%. 0.2% is better then where we were with nothing. 

At the time of this article the importing Cannabis from outside Thailand is locked down on.  I am from Nevada and California area where high quality Cannabis is produced.  Maybe and with great oversight/foresight from the government of Thailand, they will allow one to reenter with a predetermined weight .  Such as 1 - 6  Kilos. 

Speaking for myself this would be wonderful to move away from alcohol. 

• Haha 2

"with the exception of concentrated THC at a level of more than 0.2%. "

let's not get too excited just yet ..😆😆😆

however, all positive steps.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Cannabis is right to be legalised for medicinal use. It's therapeutic benefit is well documented and that's where it should begin and end. 

Agreed. It should be regulated and governed like other medications, and restricted to only the few patients with demonstrated need. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ThaiEyes said:

At first I thought the headline was, Cannabis is becoming legal, but prostitution still a grey area

Need some glasses for those 'thaieyes'?