News Forum - Stabbing attack in Kanchanaburi leaves 1 British man dead, 1 injured

Thaiger

5 hours ago, RampantRabbit said:

Youve changed your  wording from "attacked"   to restrained  now to fit  in with what you said, the point being  none of what you mention is relevant to what I first  commented on in which you say we mustnt tar all  Thais  with  a  violent brush like  another  forum  then say  in that same  post the  villagers  attacked  him making them violent  as  well which was  ironic, anything else  is irrelevant Im commenting on  your ironic  post about  tarring them as  all  violent being wrong then ironically saying them  attacking  him, do you  not see  that irony. Im commenting on no  other  thing about  this  story ie whether they attacke d him  or  not. If  you  had  of  course used the word  restrained originally I  wouldnt  have commented.

No, I think you’re just being picky, lol. 

Im not an English native speaker, and furthermore I believe the word I used to describe the actions of the local matters nothing, it doesn’t matter whether I said restrained, attacked, or kissed. 

The words I used don’t change the fact that the locals did what they had to, so I think you’re just being picky.

17 hours ago, ctxa said:

it doesn’t matter whether I said restrained, attacked, or kissed. 

Would  you  like me to  attack  you or  kiss  you then? because it  does  matter

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RampantRabbit said:

Would  you  like me to  attack  you or  kiss  you then? because it  does  matter

No, it doesn’t. 

I could call an aero plane a pig, that won’t make an aero plane suddenly change into a pig, right? 

Likewise I could say that the locals attacked him, but that doesn’t change their actions. 

On 1/22/2022 at 4:24 PM, HolyCowCm said:

Sorry to say, but if these 2 twats were playing loud music outside in front of their place with other homes around, and if these 2 twats repeatedly did this act of noise invasion, then the guy being looney or not if had told them to stop before was driven to a partial insanity. Loud music and how the sound carries and magnifies here in Thailand would make any sane person bonkers. And WTF of the time being 3:55am? I really have no sympathy if it is that clear cut straight forward.

I have to wonder where you would draw the line on acceptable reasons to kill people then. Would you let it pass if it was a couple arguing and fighting loudly at 4 AM? What if it was a baby crying nonstop for nights in a row?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AmySukwan said:

I have to wonder where you would draw the line on acceptable reasons to kill people then. Would you let it pass if it was a couple arguing and fighting loudly at 4 AM? What if it was a baby crying nonstop for nights in a row?

Did you purposely miss the word repeatedly as have done it more than just the one time, and this was an outside related noise thing. And please don't draw up any other instances as does not associate with this subject and this story. I have almost seen it all and experienced it all through my 30 years + here, including seeing dead bodies on the road and people stabbed or hit with bottles or knocked out to gang fights to Techno School brawls, to the common couple yeeling and brutally hitting and fighting each other. Every situation is different. Have adult kids here and been through that, do you?

• Haha 1

On 1/25/2022 at 12:24 PM, HolyCowCm said:

Did you purposely miss the word repeatedly as have done it more than just the one time, and this was an outside related noise thing. And please don't draw up any other instances as does not associate with this subject and this story. I have almost seen it all and experienced it all through my 30 years + here, including seeing dead bodies on the road and people stabbed or hit with bottles or knocked out to gang fights to Techno School brawls, to the common couple yeeling and brutally hitting and fighting each other. Every situation is different. Have adult kids here and been through that, do you?

My kids aren't adults yet...God willing they'll get there

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AmySukwan said:

My kids aren't adults yet...God willing they'll get there

Yeah understand the feeling. 2 of mine are still in University at CMU and the 3rd on her own in the world, but we never ever stop worrying and helping them. Anyway I do have a big heart, but for somethings as have been here a long time and been and seen a lot I will tend to be callous if it crosses a line. But if I saw a kitten in the road about to get run over, yes I would run and pick it up, and no if I saw a snake in the road would I run it over with my car or truck, no. As is the season, actually as lately we have had these Siamese fighting beetles turning up in the road and at my house so everyday I look in the road to see if I can save one. So far saved 3.image.thumb.png.5e076d310b112fc06188969001ea448a.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah understand the feeling. 2 of mine are still in University at CMU and the 3rd on her own in the world, but we never ever stop worrying and helping them. Anyway I do have a big heart, but for somethings as have been here a long time and been and seen a lot I will tend to be callous if it crosses a line. But if I saw a kitten in the road about to get run over, yes I would run and pick it up, and no if I saw a snake in the road would I run it over with my car or truck, no. As is the season, actually as lately we have had these Siamese fighting beetles turning up in the road and at my house so everyday I look in the road to see if I can save one. So far saved 3.image.thumb.png.5e076d310b112fc06188969001ea448a.png

Help where you can

• Like 2

On 1/23/2022 at 8:27 PM, ctxa said:

That is utter BS. 

As the article mentions Law Enforcement took 50 minutes to arrive on scene after the murder took place. 

So what you are suggesting, is to let a man scythe in hand who just killed one and severely injured another roam free in the streets for 50 minutes that law enforcement takes to arrive? What if he catches someone else distracted? 3 victims now? 

Citizen's arrest are a thing, and it was the responsibility of the villagers to make sure that guy harmed nobody else until he got arrested. Obviously you can't kindly and politely ask that fella to surrender, cuz you may get decapitated also! So the only option was for a bunch of villagers to gang up on him remove the scythe and wait for law enforcement. If he got injured while getting ganged up, well he deserved it! 

The same would have happened everywhere else. 

To settle your argument guys. The sickle was dropped by the assailant right after the attack when he ran away. He got "restrained" by the neighbours when he was found hiding 4 hours later. But you'd know that if you lived here right?????

30 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

Pommies are abundant on the news lately

Does that bother you?

I can dig out some news om Aussies if you wish.