News Forum - Stabbing attack in Kanchanaburi leaves 1 British man dead, 1 injured

Thaiger

2 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Yeah, but these are people with NOTHING... that deserve "something!" Something their own CONTROL FREAK Leaders (Like PRAYTWAT... here in Thailand!) refuse to give them..... In most caring societies the word is "HOPE!" Maybe that was why you were sent to 5 "different theatres of operations".... to give those people hope!

It must be terrible living in war-torn France, who wouldn't want to flee that country and I'm sure that it has nothing to do with free hotels (they refuse to use our army barracks) free money, free taxi service, free phones and last but not least free food, come to think of it, they would be foolish not to come.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Note from Moderators

Thread was locked as a review of several inappropriate comments was completed.

Members need to tone down their rhetoric, which in some cases has been getting out of hand. Emotional outbursts are being seen too often and resulting in inappropriate commentary.

Have a cup of tea, settle down and then come back with civil debate.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

7 hours ago, RampantRabbit said:

yet you  say  other  Thais  arent like this............. yet here they are beating the guy......just  like that.

I don’t go around decapitating people with a machete. But if I see someone doing so, I would join others trying to stop him 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Maybe you’d just chicken out and let the fella continue his rampage.

1 hour ago, Transam said:

You don't need to use capital letters, we can read the small ones......😉

Sorry to hear you have been ripped off by your locals.....😪

He certainly sounds unhappy here.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Police are looking for a suspect in an attack and stabbing of 2 British men in Kanchanaburi that killed one and seriously injured the other. The attack took place early this morning at 3:55 am in front of a house in the Muang district of the western province of Thailand. Police, tourist police, and forensic officers led by the chief to the Muang Police Station raced to the crime scene. According to police, the two British men were playing loud music on a radio in front of their house as they sat at a table drinking beers. They were surprised […]

The story Stabbing attack in Kanchanaburi leaves 1 British man dead, 1 injured as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Bombastic British seem ignorant of Thai courtesy and arrogant in another country

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ctxa said:

I don’t go around decapitating people with a machete. But if I see someone doing so, I would join others trying to stop him 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

If in a situation of seeing something like that going on and in a position, I might be inclined to jump in and stop it, but not if I don't like the whom is in the altercation and if the danger to me far out-weighed jumping in. Not going to risk getting hurt for selfish people but I am no chicken by far. For example for where I am, it would just depend on the who and the what and for most unless it will directly drift to my place or not.

In this situation it was probably the repeated straw that broke the camels back as the foreingers were supposedly in a rented house out in the front making noise till early morning and the kid was across the street from them. From a picture the kid doesn't look like anything one would be scared of. Makes one or me think it was far more than just a one time thing by these guys.

For where I am there is a foreinger who will every few months do the same thing with having his foreigner friends over going way into the 2am+. Same scenario as in front of the tiny home and noisy, but many many many houses away from me and so plainly the noise doesn't over power and faze me or my family as is block muffled. This foreing guy is wrong thinking he is privleged, but again, if not directly disturbing me and my family, it is then up to the Thai to deal with his noise who are near him. Funny but I must say he now is the number one for taking it too far being outside after any realistic time. As have heard he is a Brit.

Now I'm not here to defend the killing of a selfish person that doesn't give two hoots whether his neighbours can sleep or not, but what if their musical soiree was a common occurrence, most of us would get a little peeved to say the least, would that be fair to say?

But playing music at 0350hrs is more than annoying, it is torture and some people who have maybe gone a few nights listening to something like AC/DCs 'You Shook me all Night Long' will almost not likely be in control of their actions, I'm guessing that if they had played Faron Youngs 'it's 4 in the morning' they may well have gotten away with it.

But let's not forget that militaries around the world use this as a means to drive their enemies into insanity, the Americans used it on Noriega when he was holed up.

But as I said I am not here to defend the killing of another human, it was an over reaction without a doubt, but sleep deprivation can make most of us not function as we might normally do.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ctxa said:

Erm first you say not to bash  all  thais as  being violent I  , but then say the villagers then beat the guy when they found out, ie later.......... ironically proving they are many  violent Thais as they then brutally  attacked him, nowt to do with standing back......or waiting for any Police etc etc

However, unlike they are doing in a certain other Thai forum, we don’t need to bash the whole Thai people for this brutal attack

It also makes me happy that other Thai villagers attacked him upon finding out it had been him. Hope he rots in jail and gets to regret this.

21 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

rom a picture the kid doesn't look like anything one would be scared of.

When you  have a  machete thats enough, you dont have to be 200pounds and rippling with muscles

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ctxa said:

Size matters .......    

23 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

Erm first you say not to bash  all  thais as  being violent

You’re putting words in my mouth that I never said. 

In a certain other forum, they are accusing all Thais of having temper issues, of hating foreigners, of treating foreigners like dogs, etc etc… 

A mob attacking a murderer is normal. I once saw a mob brutally attack a fella who had sucker punched his wife/gf in public back in my home country… what’s the difference?

47 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

Erm first you say not to bash  all  thais as  being violent I  , but then say the villagers then beat the guy when they found out, ie later.......... ironically proving they are many  violent Thais as they then brutally  attacked him, nowt to do with standing back......or waiting for any Police etc etc

However, unlike they are doing in a certain other Thai forum, we don’t need to bash the whole Thai people for this brutal attack

It also makes me happy that other Thai villagers attacked him upon finding out it had been him. Hope he rots in jail and gets to regret this.

From the look of him on the arrest picture didn't seem be brutally beaten IMO

48 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

When you  have a  machete thats enough, you dont have to be 200pounds and rippling with muscles

Charlie (holycow) Bronson would take him on! 😂😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, steve860 said:

Charlie (holycow) Bronson would take him on! 😂😂😂😂

Actually that is correct so maybe yes and true. Just depends on the circumstance and the one rule is never let your guard down and apparently they did. But also I would never be so rude like that and party outside my house making selfish noise, and even at that till almost 4am. Never gonna happen. 

• Haha 1

I do hope that the RTP officer taking the phone shot gets reprimanded - fined for the dangerous situation he is/could be putting those around him in ....🤔

NO MASK😷 .. Naughty

>The attack took place early this morning at 3:55 am

>the two British men were playing loud music 

I'm not saying what the Thai guy did was right.  I'm just saying, I understand.  

Edited by JMJM

4 hours ago, ctxa said:

You’re putting words in my mouth that I never said. 

In a certain other forum, they are accusing all Thais of having temper issues, of hating foreigners, of treating foreigners like dogs, etc etc… 

A mob attacking a murderer is normal. I once saw a mob brutally attack a fella who had sucker punched his wife/gf in public back in my home country… what’s the difference?

So when you say "we  dont need  to bash  all  thai people for this  brutal  attack" .  followed  by You were  happy they attacked  him ie  the  villagers you dont see  any relevance to what you said? Cuz  what I see  is the  opposite, if   many of  the  villagers  attacked him it  kind  of proves  the point that the people on whatever forum saying many Thais do this are  correct as the  villagers  have just repeated the violence en masse.

A "mob  attacking anything"  is  not  normal. normal is  letting the law enforcement deal with it otherwise this vigilantism runs  amok.

On 1/22/2022 at 1:24 PM, HolyCowCm said:

Sorry to say, but if these 2 twats were playing loud music outside in front of their place with other homes around, and if these 2 twats repeatedly did this act of noise invasion, then the guy being looney or not if had told them to stop before was driven to a partial insanity. Loud music and how the sound carries and magnifies here in Thailand would make any sane person bonkers. And WTF of the time being 3:55am? I really have no sympathy if it is that clear cut straight forward.

So the death penalty for playing loud music. I think the real twat around here is you.

48 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

So when you say "we  dont need  to bash  all  thai people for this  brutal  attack" .  followed  by You were  happy they attacked  him ie  the  villagers you dont see  any relevance to what you said? Cuz  what I see  is the  opposite, if   many of  the  villagers  attacked him it  kind  of proves  the point that the people on whatever forum saying many Thais do this are  correct as the  villagers  have just repeated the violence en masse.

A "mob  attacking anything"  is  not  normal. normal is  letting the law enforcement deal with it otherwise this vigilantism runs  amok.

That is utter BS. 

As the article mentions Law Enforcement took 50 minutes to arrive on scene after the murder took place. 

So what you are suggesting, is to let a man scythe in hand who just killed one and severely injured another roam free in the streets for 50 minutes that law enforcement takes to arrive? What if he catches someone else distracted? 3 victims now? 

Citizen's arrest are a thing, and it was the responsibility of the villagers to make sure that guy harmed nobody else until he got arrested. Obviously you can't kindly and politely ask that fella to surrender, cuz you may get decapitated also! So the only option was for a bunch of villagers to gang up on him remove the scythe and wait for law enforcement. If he got injured while getting ganged up, well he deserved it! 

The same would have happened everywhere else. 

4 hours ago, ctxa said:

That is utter BS. 

As the article mentions Law Enforcement took 50 minutes to arrive on scene after the murder took place. 

So what you are suggesting, is to let a man scythe in hand who just killed one and severely injured another roam free in the streets for 50 minutes that law enforcement takes to arrive? What if he catches someone else distracted? 3 victims now? 

Citizen's arrest are a thing, and it was the responsibility of the villagers to make sure that guy harmed nobody else until he got arrested. Obviously you can't kindly and politely ask that fella to surrender, cuz you may get decapitated also! So the only option was for a bunch of villagers to gang up on him remove the scythe and wait for law enforcement. If he got injured while getting ganged up, well he deserved it! 

The same would have happened everywhere else. 

Im not "suggesting "  anything of the sort but you  said the other  villagers  attacked  him, theres a  difference between "attack" and "restraint", and my  point is  ( as  you seem to be wandering off my point) That you were  objecting to anyone saying all  Thais  were like the mad  axeman yet then  saying the villagers  attacked  him  making them as  "all  Thais"  just  like  him and negating your comment on tarring  all  Thais with the same brush.

Its  not about whether he deserved it  or  not, its  was  soley  about  your  comment on  saying all Thais  should  not be  tarred with the same brush when it comes to violence, yet then the villagers do this confirming it.

Edited by RampantRabbit

13 hours ago, Flying said:

You are a guest in their country that give you no privilege to criticise Thai people hanging outside. Same logic applies to the stabbed dudes, they deserved it for being ignorant and disrespectful to the locals. 

Guest in their country or no guest in any country, you don't play music at 0430 and you don't kill people for playing music at 0430.
And this is not only in Thailand, this is for every country

Edited by Alavan

18 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

Im not "suggesting "  anything of the sort but you  said the other  villagers  attacked  him, theres a  difference between "attack" and "restraint", and my  point is  ( as  you seem to be wandering off my point) That you were  objecting to anyone saying all  Thais  were like the mad  axeman yet then  saying the villagers  attacked  him  making them as  "all  Thais"  just  like  him and negating your comment on tarring  all  Thais with the same brush.

Its  not about whether he deserved it  or  not, its  was  soley  about  your  comment on  saying all Thais  should  not be  tarred with the same brush when it comes to violence, yet then the villagers do this confirming it.

The villagers did what they had to do, and fulfilled their duty as citizens. Like I said, restraining a man armed with a scythe can be tricky, you may need to use extreme violence to restrain him first. 

I've seen pictures of the guy being arrested in a different thread, he just seems a bit bruised, which matches the injuries he could have suffered while being arrested/restrained by the citizens. 

Don't really know what's so wrong with what I stated in my original post. 

Check the comment I attached from that other forum. You think this is normal, lol?

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 2.01.57 AM.png

11 hours ago, ctxa said:

Although a noble sentiment, and worthy of a Charles Bronson award (prisoner OR actor), a quick search of "good Samaritan" in the news will show a number of them injured or killed. 

In police calls even the domestic dispute between man an wife is said to be among the more dangerous. 

Chickening out, as you say, means you won't be another victim of the scythe weilding attacker.  

Now if there's no choice (on a plane, etc) then it's Bruce Lee time :-) fight or die

Otherwise call and wait for the police.

Help the victim if it's safe. 

4 hours ago, ctxa said:

Don't really know what's so wrong with what I stated in my original post.

Youve changed your  wording from "attacked"   to restrained  now to fit  in with what you said, the point being  none of what you mention is relevant to what I first  commented on in which you say we mustnt tar all  Thais  with  a  violent brush like  another  forum  then say  in that same  post the  villagers  attacked  him making them violent  as  well which was  ironic, anything else  is irrelevant Im commenting on  your ironic  post about  tarring them as  all  violent being wrong then ironically saying them  attacking  him, do you  not see  that irony. Im commenting on no  other  thing about  this  story ie whether they attacke d him  or  not. If  you  had  of  course used the word  restrained originally I  wouldnt  have commented.

Edited by RampantRabbit