News Forum - Stabbing attack in Kanchanaburi leaves 1 British man dead, 1 injured

Thaiger

52 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

Should  have gone out with yer machete to "sort it  out"

One in each hand just to make sure.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Sorry to say, but if these 2 twats were playing loud music outside in front of their place with other homes around, and if these 2 twats repeatedly did this act of noise invasion, then the guy being looney or not if had told them to stop before was driven to a partial insanity. Loud music and how the sound carries and magnifies here in Thailand would make any sane person bonkers. And WTF of the time being 3:55am? I really have no sympathy if it is that clear cut straight forward.

There are some really strange people on the Internet.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Anyway, the point is, you do in fact need to keep your head on a swivel (situational awareness). In case you haven't noticed, there is that "crazy" guy in every village. 

You got that right, only my village has 2 crazies.

I am assuming it is something akin to schizophrenia as I am told by the wife, who along with the entire village are totally scared of them, that they are 'ok if they are taking their meds'.

One is not so bad but recently attacked his old mum with a knife but a neighbour intervened in time. He got packed of to the state hospital for a month, is back now and seems to be calm again. He's normally a quiet guy, jogs, says good morning etc until he snaps.

The other one is, and has been, a certified nutjob. His appearance, deliberate or not, is intimidating enough, but his behaviour is scary. He has been locked up in the past several times for lengthy stays for attacking random villagers resulting in serious injuries. He walks around evry day, people cross the road when they see him coming. After every hospital stay, he comes back again and again. The opinion in the village is someone will have to die before they lock him up for a longer time

• Like 2

Playing loud music at 4am in front of a neighbors house is clearly asking for trouble .

May be they have been annoyed by some thais having a party at night near the place they have been living ?

May be they wanted to "pay them back " ?

Anyway , before killing them , I would have destroyed the loudspeakers only .

Another problem in Thailand is , if Thais are having a late night drinking party , and a farang gets annoyed , he would risk his life by complaining about the noise as well .

Yes , the Thai guy had ' mental health issues ' , but how many have in Thailand ?

I read a statistic that said about 20 % . That is one in five .

Dangerous country .

43 minutes ago, Nobodysfriend said:

Playing loud music at 4am in front of a neighbors house is clearly asking for trouble .

May be they have been annoyed by some thais having a party at night near the place they have been living ?

May be they wanted to "pay them back " ?

Anyway , before killing them , I would have destroyed the loudspeakers only .

Another problem in Thailand is , if Thais are having a late night drinking party , and a farang gets annoyed , he would risk his life by complaining about the noise as well .

Yes , the Thai guy had ' mental health issues ' , but how many have in Thailand ?

I read a statistic that said about 20 % . That is one in five .

Dangerous country .

The Brits were serious nut jobs also. Drinking and playing load music is very entitled to say the least. It was after 3 AM in the morning and many Thais get up about 4 AM. In my town music is told to stop at 10PM. Seems that the po yai wasn't doing his/her job either.

Both the killer and the Brits were Jenks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RampantRabbit said:

🤣🤣 since when have any Thais paid  attentione to 1. Laws and 2. That particularl  law, can hear thud  thud  thud  every weekend  by me out  i  the boonies and it  is  well  after 11pm

True as there are some who don't. If they do it all the time where I am and really loud then I will call out the time in thai usually when around 12am. I almost have all of my neighbors trained as they hate to hear me. It is the ones who try to do it all the time not the occasionals. Very once in a blue moon occasional ones there is no problem with me, but they need to take it into their home and not outside, and keep the karaoke or music low if that's what they then do.

So, yes if I call out the time around 12am that it is past 11pm then it is listened to. But they think I may call the cops.

3 hours ago, Stainless said:

There are some really strange people on the Internet.

Noise to me is evil if around the place you live which is a house area. If you live near a club area or a place that has entertainment, then you are wrong. If ewntertainment decides to move in then they are wrong. I once got all the Thai people around me to sign a petition of ban the noise from a karaoke place that moved in way way across the street that went 1-2am. Gave that to the Pu Yai Banh and he went with police and then problem solved. If you watch Thjai news everyday like I do, then you will see an altercation almost every week or so with Thai with Thai concerning rude selfish noise, and they use knives or machete's and yes they do die. Very common, and for me I have enough common sense to take it inot my house and not be rude outside.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whitesnake said:

I was making the point that here in Thailand (as in other countries!!) people use religion as a 'cloak' to conceal all their sins so others think they're all pure and law abiding! The truth is the Thai people use their faith for exactly this purpose!

The truth is, well at least it was in the past as how I saw it, if you do crime or something bad, then go to the temple and all is ok again. Others, like men with crimes to avoid seriousness will go become a monk and it is like time served.

3 hours ago, Imnottelling said:

I would stab my Russian neighbour to death if i thought I could get away with it. He bangs out techno for 6-8 hrs a day

This post gave me a chuckle

Just a very honest post   😀

• Like 1

An idiot who does not respect other people's privacy, harassing them with noise just because he wants to play, is a boor. The neighbor next door may be tired, sick, may have small children and all he wants is for others not to disturb him. Of course, although someone is stealing your peace and the time you have left, it does not justify the violence. Anyway, the British got what they asked for.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I really don't think this is the first time these idiots have done the late drinking and loud music thing thinking they are above all. Plainly speaking noise carries outside, especially at night. My guess is they were probably told before or someone showed them a not cool to do that. It should have been them to know better and unfortunately what ever they got is what they got. And yes, for sane people like me, I do actaully yell and tell my neighbors to STFU after a certain time and do not do it eveyday as is unacceptable in a home are. Would I go slap them? Perhaps if I got some mouth back from them on a repated basis. Thai and idiot foreingers need to keep it inside their home and keep the noise limited late night. Problem is Thai are a-holes and like to stay outside.

You are a guest in their country that give you no privilege to criticise Thai people hanging outside. Same logic applies to the stabbed dudes, they deserved it for being ignorant and disrespectful to the locals. 

8 minutes ago, stapoz said:

An idiot who does not respect other people's privacy, harassing them with noise just because he wants to play, is a boor. The neighbor next door may be tired, sick, may have small children and all he wants is for others not to disturb him. Of course, although someone is stealing your peace and the time you have left, it does not justify the violence. Anyway, the British got what they asked for.

Well they selfishly by being rude got more than they counted on.

18 hours ago, Fanta said:

So you call the cops. You don’t f***ing stab them even if they’re dancing naked on their front lawn to Meatloaf songs between bouts of tears and cocaine. 

RIP John Marcus and I hope Sean Kewin pulls through. I don’t know these people.

You are missing a point ”4am noise invasion”. No one cares for what the f*** you do as long as it’s not intruding their own life’s, but if you do cause disturbance to their life first then you deserve what ever comes next.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flying said:

You are a guest in their country that give you no privilege to criticise Thai people hanging outside. Same logic applies to the stabbed dudes, they deserved it for being ignorant and disrespectful to the locals. 

Sorry, but yes it does when I have a Thai Family and everyone wants or needs quiet. My wife and kids totally back me and even the other day my daughter went over and told a continually rude idiot neighbor to turn down his stereo blaring a Thai talk show to outside so he and the people 5km away could hear it. this particualr person loves to have people hear everything he does. My kids are on line for Uni every day and they also speak up for themselves and us. FYI. I tell my neighbors in their own language, and they know when they are over the line and they do know the law as well.

7 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

YEP.... "Forgive me father I have sinned!" (on a Sunday and get "forgiven!")

Then, come Monday to Saturday go out and lie, steal, cheat, rape, molest kids, drive like a maniac, screw people over, kill animals with no remorse, do drugs and alcohol, ..... then on Sunday ...... get forgiven.... AGAIN!! It's all shyte!!!!!!!!! 

Yeah it is sort of like that and having to do it that way unless you have personal given immunity and don't have to. 

3 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Oh, for God's sake cut all this crap about being a "guest" in a foreign country nonsense!!! Explain why the Thai's charge and rip off every Farang they come into contact with! SO MUCH FOR BEING A GUEST AND TREATED AS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I  like the Thai system you get nothing for nothing being a foreigner here.

If most of the home Countries of the majority of OP's on this forum had those policies they'd be better of as we wouldn't be overrun with 3rd World (so called asylum seekers) coming to sponge of our welfare States.

• Like 1

Oh, for God's sake cut all this crap about being a "guest" in a foreign country nonsense!!! Explain why the Thai's charge and rip off every Farang they come into contact with!  SO MUCH FOR BEING A GUEST AND TREATED AS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

There is no obligation to live in Thai.

Edited by stapoz
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flying said:

You are missing a point ”4am noise invasion”. No one cares for what the f*** you do as long as it’s not intruding their own life’s, but if you do cause disturbance to their life first then you deserve what ever comes next.

Exactly how it needs to be. No one cares if you go into your home, shut your doors and carry on till Kingdom Kong comes about as long as what you are doing isn't overboard and disturbs them. I really could careless if my neighbors do it that way, or outside then go inside, and there is even one over my fence that does and now has seemed to have muffled their kitchen back door with something so we don't hear the fallout or almost near to not hearing it. And they do karaoke to 2am or 3am, and so I have yelled at them a few times and the last straw was me and the wife went to their property managers and said you better tell them that there will be no more playing around and we will call the police. Now ok.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

They're NOT spongers! They need help and probably graft and work harder than you ever have!

Bit of a hangover this morning?

Edited by Smithydog
Deleted comment from original post removed from quote

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

The Brits were serious nut jobs also. Drinking and playing load music is very entitled to say the least. It was after 3 AM in the morning and many Thais get up about 4 AM. In my town music is told to stop at 10PM. Seems that the po yai wasn't doing his/her job either.

Both the killer and the Brits were Jenks.

There you go again with your 'entitled foreigner' bollocks, change the record. 

1 hour ago, stapoz said:

Got what they asked for?

Edited by Smithydog
Insulting comment re member removed

1 hour ago, whitesnake said:

They're NOT spongers! They need help and probably graft and work harder than you ever have! 

I  very much doubt many of them are in genuine need of humanitarian assistance white snake Bud or they would have stayed in the first safe Country and been grateful. 

As for them working harder that me bud I spend 24 years fighting in the Service of my Country including 11 operational tours in 5 different theatres of operations. (I didn't run to a foreign Country or cross Continents when the fighting started).

Edited by Smithydog
Deleted comment from original post removed from quote
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Vince said:

And it's possible they were rude or even provoked the fellow who knifed them in some way - it takes two to tango as they say in Brighton. 

I think a very common "rudeness"  used by English and others goes something like ...." hayyy, go f### yerself" .      That does seem to lead to violence in most countries

i could be wrong.  Maybe they said.....  " oh, so sorry mate.  I promise it won't happen again" 

which one you think ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ninja said:

I think a very common "rudeness"  used by English and others goes something like ...." hayyy, go f### yerself" .      That does seem to lead to violence in most countries

i could be wrong.  Maybe they said.....  " oh, so sorry mate.  I promise it won't happen again" 

which one you think ?

Well I wouldn't be surprised if it was less than polite. But the outcome was definitely tragic. 

Reminds me of the story of the man who got punched after honking his motorbike to tell his wife he was home.