News Forum - Stabbing attack in Kanchanaburi leaves 1 British man dead, 1 injured

Thaiger

1 minute ago, Freeduhdumb said:

It happens... you generate your own Karma. Sometimes it comes down to simply being a foreigner, this time it appears stupidity on their part obviously played a roll. I was once attacked, by simply walking down the street near my home here in the village. The Thai man was drunk... luckily he did not have a weapon and I know Kung Fu (seriously, I in fact studied Kung Fu for three years and was one belt away from my black belt) and I was able to simply deflect, without harming him, his advances. I found out later, after getting my wife and doing a backtrack of his movements within the village, that he was not a local. Anyway, the point is, you do in fact need to keep your head on a swivel (situational awareness). In case you haven't noticed, there is that "crazy" guy in every village. 

I love your story! 

Did not know Kung Fu used belt system. 

Great points. 

11 minutes ago, Vince said:

I love your story! 

Did not know Kung Fu used belt system. 

Great points. 

Look up Moore's Shou Shu California on youtube. I have never found any equal to this school. I have studied Tae Kwan Do, Karate and Aikido. The Kung Fu was transplanted from China during the Gold Rush period of California. So the story went, my school was formed by a man who lived near San Francisco (his name was Al Moore) next door to a member of  the Chinese Mafia called the Tong. Al's best friend, was the son of the Tong member who introduced him to the art that was formed in the mean streets of China town San Francisco. That adds more fun to the story... I grew up in Central California, and Al Moore created 5 or 6 different schools in cities there before his death around 1990.

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Look up Moore's Shou Shu California on youtube. I have never found any equal to this school. I have studied Tae Kwan Do, Karate and Aikido. The Kung Fu was transplanted from China during the Gold Rush period of California. So the story went, my school was formed by a man who lived near San Francisco (his name was Al Moore) next door to a member of  the Chinese Mafia called the Tong. Al's best friend, was the son of the Tong member who introduced him to the art that was formed in the mean streets of China town San Francisco. That adds more fun to the story... I grew up in Central California, and Al Moore created 5 or 6 different schools in cities there before his death around 1990.

Interesting. I see a picture of students wearing colored belts. 

But this topic is not about kung fu. Let's take it over to AOD:

https://thethaiger.com/talk/forum/137-all-other-discussion/

?

5 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I really don't think this is the first time these idiots have done the late drinking and loud music thing thinking they are above all. Plainly speaking noise carries outside, especially at night. My guess is they were probably told before or someone showed them a not cool to do that. It should have been them to know better and unfortunately what ever they got is what they got. And yes, for sane people like me, I do actaully yell and tell my neighbors to STFU after a certain time and do not do it eveyday as is unacceptable in a home are. Would I go slap them? Perhaps if I got some mouth back from them on a repated basis. Thai and idiot foreingers need to keep it inside their home and keep the noise limited late night. Problem is Thai are a-holes and like to stay outside.

Looks like you're a bit of a Charlie Bronson, cleaning up the neighbourhood.

😉

This is very sad, a brutal attack which should have never happened. Mainly on the Thai system for not putting people with mental issues in a facility where they should be and not roaming free in the streets where they could cause this. 

However, unlike they are doing in a certain other Thai forum, we don’t need to bash the whole Thai people for this brutal attack. 

It also makes me happy that other Thai villagers attacked him upon finding out it had been him. Hope he rots in jail and gets to regret this.

Edited by ctxa

3 minutes ago, ctxa said:

This is very sad, a brutal attack which should have never happened. Mainly on the Thai system for not putting people with mental issues in a facility where they should be and not roaming free in the streets where they could cause this. 

However, unlike they are doing in a certain other Thai forum, we don’t need to bash the whole Thai people for this brutal attack

It also makes me happy that other Thai villagers attacked him upon finding out it had been him. Hope he rots in jail and gets to regret this.

"we don’t need to bash the whole Thai people..."

I couldn't agree more. I've seen comments claiming huge problems with Thailand over everything from being overcharged for a waterfall, to computer problems, or policing as if they came from Tokyo where the trains do run on time, unlike their own country. 

But this is not on topic. Shall we discuss it over in =========>>>> AOD? 

https://thethaiger.com/talk/forum/137-all-other-discussion/

3 hours ago, whitesnake said:

So much for feckin' Buddhism ,,,peace and Nivana!! Thai Hell is the only place this loser is going to!!!

What does Buddhism or as a matter of fact religion got to do with this? All religion (or non-religious) have their own psychos and nut cases. And Buddhism isn't the only religion of Thai people.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

According to police, the two British men were playing loud music on a radio in front of their house as they sat at a table drinking beers.

1. Intoxicated 

2. Playing loud music in the very early hours off the morning in a residential area.

Play stupid games get stupid prizes and the worst thing they weren't exactly young Falang.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

What does Buddhism or as a matter of fact religion got to do with this? All religion (or non-religious) have their own psychos and nut cases. And Buddhism isn't the only religion of Thai people.

Indeed he might not have been one of the 93% of Buddhists. He might have been one of the 5.37% of Muslims. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Thailand

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, steve860 said:

Looks like you're a bit of a Charlie Bronson, cleaning up the neighbourhood.

😉

That’s Charles to you. image.jpeg.4c7f40bca7ab5f2879d750443be7a562.jpeg

But not quite:

image.jpeg.b20d1a0d056c2be13c4ffc7f464ed5df.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

5 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I really don't think this is the first time these idiots have done the late drinking and loud music thing thinking they are above all. Plainly speaking noise carries outside, especially at night. My guess is they were probably told before or someone showed them a not cool to do that. It should have been them to know better and unfortunately what ever they got is what they got. And yes, for sane people like me, I do actaully yell and tell my neighbors to STFU after a certain time and do not do it eveyday as is unacceptable in a home are. Would I go slap them? Perhaps if I got some mouth back from them on a repated basis. Thai and idiot foreingers need to keep it inside their home and keep the noise limited late night. Problem is Thai are a-holes and like to stay outside.

1st time in the village

4:30am I heard music turned on louder than I ever heard in my entire life

I couldn't believe it

Wife woke up, said "someone get a new house " and fell back asleep

While I lay there gobsmacked at how loud this music is

(And went on for 2 straight days)

• Cool 1

4 hours ago, longwood50 said:

If the shoe don't fit, you must acquit

Sounds a little like the OJ defence.

"Excuse me your Honor, clearly this worker who clears bamboo all day with machetes could not be the killer. This shoe is too small for his foot. Someone not from the village came and saw drunk Farangs, became enraged they did not have on masks and took vengeance upon them. May God rest their souls."

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

1st time in the village

I couldn't believe it

Yeah but that is a bit different and acceptable. Here in CM in my housing estate they would start late morning and then go into the later part of the night but still stop no later than 12am. But the in between is a Music party, that is for sure. For us we just had monks, food and alcohol and very quiet music all inside. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah but that is a bit different and acceptable. Here in CM in my housing estate they would start late morning and then go into the later part of the night but still stop no later than 12am. But the in between is a Music party, that is for sure. For us we just had monks, food and alcohol and very quiet music all inside. 

I wasn't really comparing the situations

Just reminded me of that blaring music  555

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Guest1 said:

The mistake was, to pull every Farang/Tourist into a Hospital!

Keeping them in quarantine in the booked hotel, or in a cooperating ASQ, forwarding the money, I would call that then "Risk of going for a holiday during a pandemic":

But I think, the "Medical Hub Thailand" got a bit dry, also, since early 2020.

And honestly, if you would have to pay 10k for the insurance, per person, would you come? So it is a surprise for few, not turning away the masses.

1 hour ago, Freeduhdumb said:

@Freeduhdumbgrab your Kung Fu belt and let's do this: 

1 minute ago, Marc26 said:

I wasn't really comparing the situations

Just reminded me of that blaring music  555

Hahahahaha. Yeah with my first Thai wife I was in a village. Quite different and one needs to experience it to believe it. Funny how that blaring triggered your memory to that. Sounds definitely magnify and resonate here in the warmer climate. 

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Hahahahaha. Yeah with my first Thai wife I was in a village. Quite different and one needs to experience it to believe it. Funny how that blaring triggered your memory to that. Sounds definitely magnify and resonate here in the warmer climate. 

It was more my wife's absolutely indifference to music at 50 decibels at 4:30am

Just rolling over back to sleep  while I sit there absolutely confused at what the hell is going on  555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

5 hours ago, 23RD said:

1. Intoxicated 

2. Playing loud music in the very early hours off the morning in a residential area.

Play stupid games get stupid prizes and the worst thing they weren't exactly young Falang.

Bad behavior like drunken rudeness deserves at worse 'a foot in the arse'. 

One guy got a ticket to Valhalla, and the other badly injured.  That's not even close to reasonable.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DesperateOldHand said:

And the few random incidents turn your opinion.

Lerts  just  say I  have some experience in these  matters .............. yep thats a  machete in his  hand, and  yep thats my  dash cam rear view........... 

20210428_135509.jpg

9 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

11pm is the law here

🤣🤣 since when have any Thais paid  attentione to 1. Laws and 2. That particularl  law, can hear thud  thud  thud  every weekend  by me out  i  the boonies and it  is  well  after 11pm

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ctxa said:

ut  theyre  not  like thatIt also makes me happy that other Thai villagers attacked him upon finding out it had been him. Hope he rots in jail and gets to regret this.

yet you  say  other  Thais  arent like this............. yet here they are beating the guy......just  like that.

7 hours ago, Marc26 said:

1st time in the village

I couldn't believe it

Should  have gone out with yer machete to "sort it  out"

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1