News Forum - Stabbing attack in Kanchanaburi leaves 1 British man dead, 1 injured

Thaiger

Police are looking for a suspect in an attack and stabbing of 2 British men in Kanchanaburi that killed one and seriously injured the other. The attack took place early this morning at 3:55 am in front of a house in the Muang district of the western province of Thailand. Police, tourist police, and forensic officers led by the chief to the Muang Police Station raced to the crime scene. According to police, the two British men were playing loud music on a radio in front of their house as they sat at a table drinking beers. They were surprised […]

The story Stabbing attack in Kanchanaburi leaves 1 British man dead, 1 injured as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Not that they should've been killed, but if you play loud music in front of your house at 3:55am, they might ask for at least a confrontation. 

Btw why did the killer leave his shoes behind? 

Same as working at a school in Thailand and always find 1 random sock or shoe left behind. How do they go home like that? 

1 minute ago, DiJoDavO said:

Not that they should've been killed, but if you play loud music in front of your house at 3:55am, they might ask for at least a confrontation. 

Btw why did the killer leave his shoes behind? 

Same as working at a school in Thailand and always find 1 random sock or shoe left behind. How do they go home like that? 

They hop. 😃

• Haha 5

Sorry to say, but if these 2 twats were playing loud music outside in front of their place with other homes around, and if these 2 twats repeatedly did this act of noise invasion, then the guy being looney or not if had told them to stop before was driven to a partial insanity. Loud music and how the sound carries and magnifies here in Thailand would make any sane person bonkers. And WTF of the time being 3:55am? I really have no sympathy if it is that clear cut straight forward.

• Like 7
  • Angry 1

I am surprised that people think is normal to step to 2 people with a knive, NORMAL people just walk to them and ask to turn it down.. looking for a knife takes about 30 seconds a NORMAL person have enough time to think when looking and going to the house that it is wrong what he is doing for some music.. all that at least 5 minutes you got time to think.. for me a nut case like many carry a gun in the motorbike seating or whatever weapon, doing that you asking for problems.. plain nuts lock him up for the next 20 years

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Paco said:

I am surprised that people think is normal to step to 2 people with a knive, NORMAL people just walk to them and ask to turn it down.. looking for a knife takes about 30 seconds a NORMAL person have enough time to think when looking and going to the house that it is wrong what he is doing for some music.. all that at least 5 minutes you got time to think.. for me a nut case like many carry a gun in the motorbike seating or whatever weapon, doing that you asking for problems.. plain nuts lock him up for the next 20 years

Deleted

Edited by steve860

"Police are looking for a suspect"

"No-one has been taken into custody over the incident"

"Police have that man in custody... Believed to be the killer".

All in the same article.

Edited by Scribble
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Scribble said:

All in the same article.

Hanging is too good for them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paco said:

I really don't think this is the first time these idiots have done the late drinking and loud music thing thinking they are above all. Plainly speaking noise carries outside, especially at night. My guess is they were probably told before or someone showed them a not cool to do that. It should have been them to know better and unfortunately what ever they got is what they got. And yes, for sane people like me, I do actaully yell and tell my neighbors to STFU after a certain time and do not do it eveyday as is unacceptable in a home are. Would I go slap them? Perhaps if I got some mouth back from them on a repated basis. Thai and idiot foreingers need to keep it inside their home and keep the noise limited late night. Problem is Thai are a-holes and like to stay outside.

28 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I really don't think this is the first time these idiots have done the late drinking and loud music thing thinking they are above all.

So you call the cops. You don’t f***ing stab them even if they’re dancing naked on their front lawn to Meatloaf songs between bouts of tears and cocaine. 

RIP John Marcus and I hope Sean Kewin pulls through. I don’t know these people.

Edited by Fanta
Added that I don’t know the victims.
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Paco said:

with a knive

It wasnt a knife it was a frikking great  big machete like  this virtually severed  the guys  head

thai-knife-aranyik-bill-hook-machete_1_35a76843874d46a4363baf78a81fd8dc.jpg

Edited by RampantRabbit

15 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

Those easy going  mai pen rai  Thais  eh............. land of ssss scythes

And the few random incidents turn your opinion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scribble said:

All in the same article.

Maybe the news was developing while he/she was writing the article😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I really have no sympathy if it is that clear cut straight forward.

Of course you are right. 

But why not just ask them to turn down the radio or call the bobbies? 

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Police are looking for a suspect in an attack and stabbing of 2 British men in Kanchanaburi that killed one and seriously injured the other. The attack took place early this morning at 3:55 am in front of a house in the Muang district of the western province of Thailand. Police, tourist police, and forensic officers led by the chief to the Muang Police Station raced to the crime scene. According to police, the two British men were playing loud music on a radio in front of their house as they sat at a table drinking beers. They were surprised […]

The story Stabbing attack in Kanchanaburi leaves 1 British man dead, 1 injured as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thailand is starting to sound like London. 

2 minutes ago, Vince said:

Of course you are right. 

But why not just ask them to turn down the radio or call the bobbies? 

Thailand is starting to sound like London. 

Who knows what the real situation was that made the Kookoo Thai guy slice them up. Thai are notorious at keeping it in and then blowing up. No one wants to be sliced up but this doesn’t sound like an isolated incident of noise and besides it was near 4am which is out of control. 11pm is the law here. Sorry they got sliced and one died but they should have known better and drank inside or been somewhere that was ok to make noise and drink til the sunrise. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Who knows what the real situation was that made the Kookoo Thai guy slice them up. Thai are notorious at keeping it in and then blowing up. No one wants to be sliced up but this doesn’t sound like an isolated incident of noise and besides it was near 4am which is out of control. 11pm is the law here. Sorry they got sliced and one died but they should have known better and drank inside or been somewhere that was ok to make noise and drink til the sunrise. 

Of course you are right it was inconsiderate and some response should be expected. Maybe a loud complaint or a visit from a constable leading to a fine.

But being unsympathetic to a senseless knife attack leading to death seems just ever so slightly excessive? Maybe? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I really don't think this is the first time these idiots have done the late drinking and loud music thing thinking they are above all. Plainly speaking noise carries outside, especially at night. My guess is they were probably told before or someone showed them a not cool to do that. It should have been them to know better and unfortunately what ever they got is what they got. And yes, for sane people like me, I do actaully yell and tell my neighbors to STFU after a certain time and do not do it eveyday as is unacceptable in a home are. Would I go slap them? Perhaps if I got some mouth back from them on a repated basis. Thai and idiot foreingers need to keep it inside their home and keep the noise limited late night. Problem is Thai are a-holes and like to stay outside.

besides that foreigners are not allowed to hurt a Thai by the law

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Vince said:

Of course you are right it was inconsiderate and some response should be expected. Maybe a loud complaint or a visit from a constable leading to a fine.

But being unsympathetic to a senseless knife attack leading to death seems just ever so slightly excessive? Maybe? 

I agree it was excessive but we also don’t know if they had been repeatedly yanking the chain rocking the boat living there, and then this Thai guy was already a bit off his rocker to begin with. Maybe they already had problems with this guy, didn’t care about others around them and this was the next step that sent him to slice and dice. No love only hatred. It is a shame but then TIT and this stuff happens all the time. Be sensitive to your environment around you and then the environment won’t bite. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I agree it was excessive but we also don’t know if they had been repeatedly yanking the chain rocking the boat living there, and then this Thai guy was already a bit off his rocker to begin with. Maybe they already had problems with this guy, didn’t care about others around them and this was the next step that sent him to slice and dice. No love only hatred. It is a shame but then TIT and this stuff happens all the time. Be sensitive to your environment around you and then the environment won’t bite. 

I'm happy to hear we agree it was excessive. 

I agree if they didn't want to upset the neighbors they could have been more polite. 

And it's possible they were rude or even provoked the fellow who knifed them in some way - it takes two to tango as they say in Brighton. 

It might have all been avoidable is what I think you are saying? Agreed. 

They weren't attacked waiting with bags of sticky rice to give to the local monks to make merit. Agreed. 

A fine or loud lecture from the Thai Royal Police would have been very appropriate. 

9 minutes ago, Vince said:

A fine or loud lecture from the Thai Royal Police would have been very appropriate. 

Yeah that’s very true but unfortunately it didn’t work that way for them. I wonder if they were out drinking and came back to the place to carry on further. Seems really late unless you were doing something prior. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah that’s very true but unfortunately it didn’t work that way for them. I wonder if they were out drinking and came back to the place to carry on further. Seems really late unless you were doing something prior. 

Indeed, very unfortunate for everyone.

Another prisoner in BangKwang doesn't help Thailand or bring back the dead. 

It happens... you generate your own Karma. Sometimes it comes down to simply being a foreigner, this time it appears stupidity on their part obviously played a roll. I was once attacked, by simply walking down the street near my home here in the village. The Thai man was drunk... luckily he did not have a weapon and I know Kung Fu (seriously, I in fact studied Kung Fu for three years and was one belt away from my black belt) and I was able to simply deflect, without harming him, his advances. I found out later, after getting my wife and doing a backtrack of his movements within the village, that he was not a local. Anyway, the point is, you do in fact need to keep your head on a swivel (situational awareness). In case you haven't noticed, there is that "crazy" guy in every village. 

• Like 4