News Forum - McDonald’s Thailand offers ice cream sundae with chilli paste and pork floss

Thaiger

On 1/22/2022 at 9:02 PM, Robyntmorton said:

I'll eat anything once.

If it's really good or really bad I may eat it twice.

I don't quite know where the chilli pork mcsundae sits in this.

my review at bottom --had one today

• Cool 2

On 1/22/2022 at 12:30 AM, Thaiger said:

McDonald’s is offering a special Thai-style ice cream sundae… with chilli paste and pork floss. The fast food company has teamed up with famous Thai sauce company Deksomboon, also known as the Healthy Boy brand, for the limited edition sundae with vanilla soft serve and the spicy and savory toppings. This unique combination costs 39 baht and will be available at participating McDonald’s until April 5. Of course, The Thaiger team had to try one. The chilli paste smelled just like the condiment packs coming together in Thai Tom Yum Kung instant noodles, but its taste was a bit sweeter. One writer said […]

The story McDonald’s Thailand offers ice cream sundae with chilli paste and pork floss as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I was going to criticize this. But the last time I was at McDonald's to soak up some booze, I got two McRibs and a vanilla shake. Not too far off from what is described here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

I was going to criticize this. But the last time I was at McDonald's to soak up some booze, I got two McRibs and a vanilla shake. Not too far off from what is described here.

Give it a try :-) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vince said:

Awesome!!!!!

I was expecting a smaller cup--but Ive been in LOS to KNOW that thai girl saw me as for it and the whole"you can eat spicy??????????!!!!!!!!!!!" thing drives me crazy.....I know she cut that curry paste as I didnt even really want the floss crap.....put some bacon bits on there or tom yum candied nuts!!!!   But in true thai fashion it is the sweet--salty--sour--spicy taste bud party and for Mc Ds to go with a product it must have a decent taste

Ive also had the crickets--worms--chicken blood---chix feet over here---the ice cream beats em all

more curry  more currry!!!! bring it!  ps Im a big fan or red curry on anything

• Cool 1

3 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

I was expecting a smaller cup--but Ive been in LOS to KNOW that thai girl saw me as for it and the whole"you can eat spicy??????????!!!!!!!!!!!" thing drives me crazy.....I know she cut that curry paste as I didnt even really want the floss crap.....put some bacon bits on there or tom yum candied nuts!!!!   But in true thai fashion it is the sweet--salty--sour--spicy taste bud party and for Mc Ds to go with a product it must have a decent taste

Ive also had the crickets--worms--chicken blood---chix feet over here---the ice cream beats em all

more curry  more currry!!!! bring it!  ps Im a big fan or red curry on anything

I just had a can of tom yum flavored peanuts and they were excellent. Better than any chicken feet I've had, even. 

Maybe toss some on your next McSundae?! 

19 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Culinary heathens, all of you. That is all.

You prefer the pure McDonald's experience?! I'd expect a man of your opinions would want to add some superior Eastern flavours to the boring western menu? 

Or am I wrong? 

1 minute ago, Vince said:

You prefer the pure McDonald's experience?! I'd expect a man of your opinions would want to add some superior Eastern flavours to the boring western menu? 

Or am I wrong? 

No. I abhor McDonalds and what it has done to a few million waistlines worldwide.

• Cool 1

4 minutes ago, Poolie said:

No. I abhor McDonalds and what it has done to a few million waistlines worldwide.

I agree and the obesity "epidemic" was a perfect storm for COVID and poor food choices is part of the problem. 

But, I think McDonald's food is not nutritionally too far from some fried and salted Thai street foods? Curry is delicious but it's not quite fat free

And the Japanese, who seem to have a handle on obesity, seem to enjoy the McDonald's experience too? 

23 minutes ago, Vince said:

I agree and the obesity "epidemic" was a perfect storm for COVID and poor food choices is part of the problem. 

But, I think McDonald's food is not nutritionally too far from some fried and salted Thai street foods? Curry is delicious but it's not quite fat free

And the Japanese, who seem to have a handle on obesity, seem to enjoy the McDonald's experience too? 

Each to their own. I try Mcdonalds once a year, mainly to remind myself why I dont eat it.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

7 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Each to their own. I try Mcdonalds once a year, mainly to remind myself why I dont eat it.

Has it been a year? Try the new Sundae! It has pork floss and chili?!??!!!? :-) 

On 1/22/2022 at 6:49 PM, Poolie said:

I'd rather eat my own toe nails.

Straight off your toes?
Put the video on youtube, you're bound to attract some foot-fetishists.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Poolie said:

No. Out of the question.

Because your palate is as cultivated as Gordon Ramsay's and this would make you vomit? :-) 

Or you are afraid you might like it? 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Vince said:

Because your palate is as cultivated as Gordon Ramsay's and this would make you vomit? :-) 

Or you are afraid you might like it? 

Three options there, none of them mine.

Carry on.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Three options there, none of them mine.

Carry on.

Seeing as you've brought it up, I can see some appropriate Carry On films here:

Carry On Behind (1975)
Carry On Regardless (1961)
Carry On Up the Khyber (1968)
Carry On at Your Convenience (1971)

5 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Seeing as you've brought it up, I can see some appropriate Carry On films here:

Carry On Behind (1975)
Carry On Regardless (1961)
Carry On Up the Khyber (1968)
Carry On at Your Convenience (1971)

Carry On Puking.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vince said:

I think you are scared you might like it! 

Thats four of my  thoughts you've had now. Why stop  when you're on a roll? Eventually you might think for yourself. 😀 

• Haha 1