News Forum - McDonald’s Thailand offers ice cream sundae with chilli paste and pork floss

Thaiger

McDonald’s is offering a special Thai-style ice cream sundae… with chilli paste and pork floss. The fast food company has teamed up with famous Thai sauce company Deksomboon, also known as the Healthy Boy brand, for the limited edition sundae with vanilla soft serve and the spicy and savory toppings. This unique combination costs 39 baht and will be available at participating McDonald’s until April 5. Of course, The Thaiger team had to try one. The chilli paste smelled just like the condiment packs coming together in Thai Tom Yum Kung instant noodles, but its taste was a bit sweeter. One writer said […]

The story McDonald’s Thailand offers ice cream sundae with chilli paste and pork floss as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

for the limited edition sundae with vanilla soft serve and the spicy and savory toppings.

Fortunately it's limited... 

• Cool 1

I'll eat anything once.

If it's really good or really bad I may eat it twice.

I don't quite know where the chilli pork mcsundae sits in this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

McDonald’s is offering a special Thai-style ice cream sundae… with chilli paste and pork floss. The fast food company has teamed up with famous Thai sauce company Deksomboon, also known as the Healthy Boy brand, for the limited edition sundae with vanilla soft serve and the spicy and savory toppings. This unique combination costs 39 baht and will be available at participating McDonald’s until April 5. Of course, The Thaiger team had to try one. The chilli paste smelled just like the condiment packs coming together in Thai Tom Yum Kung instant noodles, but its taste was a bit sweeter. One writer said […]

The story McDonald’s Thailand offers ice cream sundae with chilli paste and pork floss as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Awesome! 

I love lighthearted stories. 

I am a huge fan of https://soranews24.com/ which covers the same but Japan themed. 

3 minutes ago, Robyntmorton said:

I'll eat anything once.

If it's really good or really bad I may eat it twice.

I don't quite know where the chilli pork mcsundae sits in this.

Somewhere between liquefied faeces and cold vomit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DesperateOldHand said:

Please.

Say this isn't so. 

Why? You'll eat stuffed frogs, scorpions, insects, tadpoles, field mice, wasp larvae, live shrimps .. but this is just not OK? :-) 

Just now, Vince said:

Why? You'll eat stuffed frogs, scorpions, insects, tadpoles, field mice, wasp larvae, live shrimps .. but this is just not OK? :-) 

Perfectly legitimate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Poolie said:

Somewhere between liquefied faeces and cold vomit.

Indeed solid feces and hot vomit is much to be preferred. But admit it - you haven't tried it. 

1 minute ago, Vince said:

Indeed solid feces and hot vomit is much to be preferred. But admit it - you haven't tried it. 

I havent tried this McDonalds dessert either. But only one can hold the fascination, the question is, which one?😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jason said:

When I arrived in Dubai, the MacDonalds had Halal certified Big Macs 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I have a pack of halal mama noodles certified by the Muslim council of Thailand. 

And McDonald's adapts to each country or even region. 

Why always big companies that do not need free advertisement get advertisement for free.. maybe good idea to make some advertisement for small entrepreneurs 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paco said:

Why always big companies that do not need free advertisement get advertisement for free.. maybe good idea to make some advertisement for small entrepreneurs 

You have a good point. I see nothing wrong with a fun story about BigMacs. But let's also have stories about small Thai owned cafes! 

I saw Natty do a video story on local vegan shops. 

32 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I havent tried this McDonalds dessert either. But only one can hold the fascination, the question is, which one?😉

Let us know!!! 

Last time I have been visiting McDonalds in Hua Hin downtown they only had a McFlurry Oreo out of  the freezer. No ice tea, no coffee. So I don't exepct this new ice cream here.

• Like 1

Ok I went and got one today--the cashier looked at me like whats a farang doing getting this--as the old "you can eat spicy????!!!" slack jaws I get almost daily in the past decade----

-Anyhoo  not bad--would get again...sweet ice cream--sour n spicy curry paste tho not enough as I suspect the girl was trying to "go easy on me" cos farangs are children it seems to thais---and the pork was ok but i was never into the floss thing-----maybe some seasoned tom yum peanuts would be good

But yep  would get another and was a pretty big cup---just wished she put more curry paste on it....

better than the  soft serve I had with creamed corn yrs ago at KFC......tastes as u would expect---nah

• Like 2