It took 9 hours to extend my stay at Pattaya Immigration

stevenkongju

12 hours ago, Vince said:

A great point. Everyone wants to be treated like they're wearing a suit, but wants to show up in an AC/DC t-shirt and shorts with flip flops.

On the other hand, I've heard some immigration offices are no AirCon and fan only...?

Mine, Ayutthaya, is a “ hand your docs through the window “ deal for 90 days and “ check your paperwork outside before you are allowed to enter the building “ for extensions.

Luckily there’s a toilet to change into your Armani double breasted when you get the okay to enter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2022 at 9:12 AM, stevenkongju said:

Oh, most of the workers were as friendly and helpful as they could be, except for the rude two at the "information" desk. They just throw papers at you and are put out if you ask a question.

Whether Thailand or any other place in the world, when you deal with a government employee their attitude is totally different than an employee working for a private company. 

Be rude, or not helpful at a restaurant, hardware store, or supermarket and you will soon find you no longer work there.  In government, they know you can't go anyplace else for the service and are at their mercy.  So they can be terse, even unhelpful and they know you can't complain or walk out. 

Having worked in retail previously I can tell you that many customers are rude, disrespectful, and unpleasant to deal with.  However, as an employee you are required to treat them with politeness.  Not so if you work for government. 

• Like 1