It took 9 hours to extend my stay at Pattaya Immigration

stevenkongju

7 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

I am perfectly calm and polite with immigration officials. My ridicule was laser focussed on you Mr. Fluke. Your belief that a professional does not have the ability to separate those customers or persons in need of their bureaucratic services who are respectful and polite from those who are rude and abusive. Perhaps it is your argumentative attitude that caused the problems in the first place? Been to the Pattaya immigration office recently?

I have never even been to Pattaya , let alone the immigration office .

Whilst I do understand that you are super nice and always polite and such a nice guy and  you should be treated very nice and politely in return like you would at a golf club , I can understand some immigration officers getting fed up dealing with rude abusive unkept felangs on a daily basis , all day every day and they just want to get their work done , without being super nice and polite and smiley and friendly to everyone .

You just want to be pampered and loved and welcomed by the I.O , getting the same treatment as you would in a luxury resort .

You are going for a visa extension , you aren't going on a business class flight

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fluke said:

You just want to be pampered and loved and welcomed by the I.O , getting the same treatment as you would in a luxury resort .

Sure, that's what I want. Anyone reading all the posts knows you are just an argumentative troll.

Toss out some more straw men and nonsensical garbage. I don't need love or even understanding from immigration personal, just professionalism and politeness. If you want to blame "felangs" for the rudeness of a minority of immigration officers, have at it. Revel in it. Lick it up. Bath in it. Let it wash over you like a warm shower. 

After all, I am super nice. I am worth more. I am a good person, and doggonit, people like me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stevenkongju said:

Oh, most of the workers were as friendly and helpful as they could be, except for the rude two at the "information" desk. They just throw papers at you and are put out if you ask a question.

Ahh diddums, why not ask them to gently hand the papers to you , tell them you get upset easily and please could they slowly gently pass the papers to you .

And also make a request that next time that you ask a question , for them to show gratitude that  you took the time to ask them a question and to thank you for being so thoughtful and that they had the pleasure of serving you .

Last week I had to go to my I.O for  a visa extension three times , walking there and back which was a total of 50 kilometers and I had to fill out a TM30 myself and hand it in because the hotel couldnt do it , and they refused the application because I just wrote the hotels name and not the street number , and they again refused the application the next day because the photocopy of the Thai I.D was from a different province . Then I had to contact the hotel owner in BKK and get him to send me his I.D card 

Three days it took me , so forgive me for having little sympathy for you , just because they didn't gently hand you some forms 

• Cool 1

11 hours ago, stevenkongju said:

I agree and learned my lesson. Though it wasn't because I wanted to save money. In the future, I'd much rather pay an extra 2 to 5 thousand. That is not sarcasm.

It took me 4 years to get the message but I will never go back to doing it myself

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

10 hours ago, stevenkongju said:

Sure, that's what I want. Anyone reading all the posts knows you are just an argumentative troll.

Toss out some more straw men and nonsensical garbage. I don't need love or even understanding from immigration personal, just professionalism and politeness. If you want to blame "felangs" for the rudeness of a minority of immigration officers, have at it. Revel in it. Lick it up. Bath in it. Let it wash over you like a warm shower. 

After all, I am super nice. I am worth more. I am a good person, and doggonit, people like me.

He doesn't like anything negative said against our hosts, same on every thread.

How some people can even offer a comment when they have never been to Pattaya IO defies all logic, all IO are not the same and don't always follow government guidence as they should.

But an agent does smoothe out any difficulties you may encounter, worth every penny, good luck.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

He doesn't like anything negative said against our hosts, same on every thread.

How some people can even offer a comment when they have never been to Pattaya IO defies all logic, all IO are not the same and don't always follow government guidence as they should.

But an agent does smoothe out any difficulties you may encounter, worth every penny, good luck.

My point is that when visiting Government offices / I.O , you really shouldnt expect the staff to treat you the same way bar girls treat you when you go into a bar .

I,O are not going to welcome you , smile and pout at you , flirt with you and offer sex to you .

You are going there to get some business done , its not a pleasant social day out .

Also I understand that I.O staff may deal with abusive customers on a regular basis and thus they may not be delighted to see you when you walk through the door .

If you want the "Welcome handsum man " treatment, you will not be getting that from an I.O 

• Haha 1

Most problems at immigration can be solved easily by showing up wearing a suit. Works great at many other places as well. Be polite, soft spoken, smile and wear a suit. Works wonders, but few understand this.

• Cool 1

Just now, Fluke said:

My point is that when visiting Government offices / I.O , you really shouldnt expect the staff to treat you the same way bar girls treat you when you go into a bar .

I,O are not going to welcome you , smile and pout at you , flirt with you and offer sex to you .

You are going there to get some business done , its not a pleasant social day out .

Also I understand that I.O staff may deal with abusive customers on a regular basis and thus they may not be delighted to see you when you walk through the door .

If you want the "Welcome handsum man " treatment, you will not be getting that from an I.O 

You don't have a point, you never had. Most of us can see life as it is and not through som tam coated spectacles. 

The op has posted his experience and it is not up to you to try and derail every thread when something negative is mentioned about living here.

You have not been to Jomptian IO, I have many times, please don't make assumptions on something you know nothing about, it is insulting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

You don't have a point, you never had. Most of us can see life as it is and not through som tam coated spectacles. 

The op has posted his experience and it is not up to you to try and derail every thread when something negative is mentioned about living here.

You have not been to Jomptian IO, I have many times, please don't make assumptions on something you know nothing about, it is insulting.

Not expecting Government officials to treat you like you are a V.I.P who is a first class high paying customer, when you apply for a cheap extension, is actually a point .

Although I haven't neem to Pattaya immigration, I have been numerous times to others, and they can be similar, if not worse than Pattaya 

5 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Not expecting Government officials to treat you like you are a V.I.P who is a first class high paying customer, when you apply for a cheap extension, is actually a point .

Although I haven't neem to Pattaya immigration, I have been numerous times to others, and they can be similar, if not worse than Pattaya 

You wasn't there, you don't know how he was dealt with, you as usual are making assumptions. Defender of the realm.

• Like 1

Just now, Marble-eye said:

You wasn't there, you don't know how he was dealt with, you as usual are making assumptions. Defender of the realm.

He stated in the O.P what his gripe was on how he was treated .

No assumption there at all 

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

My last line was, "Oh, most of the workers were as friendly and helpful as they could be, except for the rude two at the "information" desk. They just throw papers at you and are put out if you ask a question."

That's griping? Saying that all but two employees were friendly and helpful.

Jeez, get a life

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

When you are making excuses for the way he was treated you are assuming, again you wasn't there, you have never been there, don't make things up, you do it on every thread when something negative is said about Thailand, and I'm done with your derailing on this thread too. Sawadi kap.

11 hours ago, Fluke said:

Last week I had to go to my I.O for  a visa extension three times , walking there and back which was a total of 50 kilometers and I had to fill out a TM30 myself and hand it in because the hotel couldnt do it , and they refused the application because I just wrote the hotels name and not the street number , and they again refused the application the next day because the photocopy of the Thai I.D was from a different province . Then I had to contact the hotel owner in BKK and get him to send me his I.D card 

You really should stay in a better class of hotel that files the TM30 as they should do.
Try a 2*.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Faz said:

You really should stay in a better class of hotel that files the TM30 as they should do.
Try a 2*.

I am currently staying in a new built Condo , opened a few months ago , would probably get a 3 * rating if it was a hotel .

I seem to be the first felang to stay here and they have no idea what a TM 30 is 

1 hour ago, stevenkongju said:

My last line was, "Oh, most of the workers were as friendly and helpful as they could be, except for the rude two at the "information" desk. They just throw papers at you and are put out if you ask a question."

That's griping? Saying that all but two employees were friendly and helpful.

Jeez, get a life

Oh OK , so you didn't have a gripe with the officers who threw the papers at you and the officers who didn't appreciate you asking questions ?

I must have misunderstood the purpose of this thread 

2 hours ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

Most problems at immigration can be solved easily by showing up wearing a suit. Works great at many other places as well. Be polite, soft spoken, smile and wear a suit. Works wonders, but few understand this.

True, cargo shorts, tats and singlet wearers with beard growth and a bar girl in tow get treated with the respect they deserve1

17 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

True, cargo shorts, tats and singlet wearers with beard growth and a bar girl in tow get treated with the respect they deserve1

But surely these worthy people are 'contributing to the Thai economy?' After all, beer and bar fines aren't cheap, and even singlets cost money? And the price of tattoos, well.......😀

2 hours ago, Fluke said:

I must have misunderstood the purpose of this thread 

Thank you for the admission. Yes, you did. I am happy to see you have the ability to see that your were mistaken, and that the notion that rudeness is fine at by employees at government offices because someone in the past was rude to them is just silly.

Enjoy your day, I am outta here!

6 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

Thank you for the admission. Yes, you did. I am happy to see you have the ability to see that your were mistaken, and that the notion that rudeness is fine at by employees at government offices because someone in the past was rude to them is just silly.

Enjoy your day, I am outta here!

I fully understand that people are not robots and can sometimes be a bit abrupt .

Especially when they are dealing with irate customers frequently .

But I did mistakenly think you were complaining about having to wait 9 hours for a visa extension , I didn't realise you were being complementary , but thinking about it , it wasn't too long ago that you had to get to immigration at 2 AM in the morning to make sure you were in the queue to get seen that day , and you would get your passport back at 5 PM , making it a 15 hour wait for an extension , just having to wait 9 hours is an improvement 

On 1/22/2022 at 4:12 PM, Pinetree said:

USE AN AGENT.  Hate to shout, but come on. Its so obvious as to be painful to read how many people just don't get it and put themselves through all kinds of immigration BS, for the want of a few thousand Baht. 

I have a feeling thats why the IO are sometimes difficult .

Customers get frustrated and go to an agent and the agent "shows their gratitude" to the officers and then everyones happy

2 hours ago, Fluke said:

I have a feeling thats why the IO are sometimes difficult .

Customers get frustrated and go to an agent and the agent "shows their gratitude" to the officers and then everyones happy

Yes, exactly.

16 hours ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

A great point. Everyone wants to be treated like they're wearing a suit, but wants to show up in an AC/DC t-shirt and shorts with flip flops.

On the other hand, I've heard some immigration offices are no AirCon and fan only...?