Jump to content

News Forum - Thumbs down for Thailand’s Test & Go Version 2


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

I find that it is the responsibility of the country of departure not to let sick or unvaccinated people leave. for example measles! this period should have made people think and put in place this simple rule, we travel with a globally consistent prophylaxis profile.

Edited by vvdb.fr
English
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are here now and the constant rules and changes are just not part of a relaxing holiday. While we have enjoyed our stay we are recommending our friends not come until this craziness of multiple PCR tests is cancelled. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi

For those of us who have approved Test&Go before 22 des 2021(the old package)

Can we still use this to enter Thailand?

Or do we have to get a new Test&Go thaipass?

We are travel to Thailand in february.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This needs to be renamed "Test 'N' Go, self isolate and Test 'N' Go again, this is the only way to make sure you won't Test positive on day 5 and avoid the jail sentence at your own cost. 555

Are you allowed to drive yourself to the 5th day Test at hotel ++ or is it a provided limo ?

Only Thailand could come up with something so ridiculous. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Peterblue said:

I find that the comments regarding the test & go program as ridiculous, I arrived in Thailand 🇹🇭 under the 14 day quarantine, to which having followed the Thai video a piece of cake . Having arrived in Thailand 🇹🇭 I found that the professionalism & organisation by the Thai was amazing. Now they have made things even easier, Wow 😯 and people are still moaning unbelievable. I had to do a test after 7 days easy and had a great time in Phuket and now I am back in chonburi. I wished uk 🇬🇧 would care in the same way as the Thai people. I have no problem with wearing masks 😷 and I wish the tourist would. Just think 🤔 about it Thailand 🇹🇭 is doing this for YOUR Safety as well, respect them for it .  

There are complaints simply because the test and go v2 program is not logical nor realistic. The fact you subjected yourself through it does not mean others should, nor does your action validate the program in anyway.

Edited by Smithydog
Comments attacking member removed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Peterblue said:

I find that the comments regarding the test & go program as ridiculous, I arrived in Thailand 🇹🇭 under the 14 day quarantine, to which having followed the Thai video a piece of cake . Having arrived in Thailand 🇹🇭 I found that the professionalism & organisation by the Thai was amazing. Now they have made things even easier, Wow 😯 and people are still moaning unbelievable. I had to do a test after 7 days easy and had a great time in Phuket and now I am back in chonburi. I wished uk 🇬🇧 would care in the same way as the Thai people. I have no problem with wearing masks 😷 and I wish the tourist would. Just think 🤔 about it Thailand 🇹🇭 is doing this for YOUR Safety as well, respect them for it .  

Who gives a sh1t what you think.

A lot of people won't be travelling until there are zero tests on arrival.

Too many got sold BS and realise the Test-Wait-Maybe-Go-Hospital schemes ain't worth the hastle.

Only an idiot Thai hugger like you, could not see that.

UK and Ireland are totally opening up, only a third world dump like Thailand keeps it's money making schemes.

Lucky it's got clowns like you to keep filling their coffers.

You idiot.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not just the entry procedure that is f----d up. The new procedures for getting a long stay visa are also f----d up. I used to spend all winter in Thailand. It used to be very easy to get a multiple entry tourist (TR) visa. The visa allowed you to stay for 2 months. A border run would get you another 2 months. Another border run would get the final 2 months. Now they need a reason for the multiple entry. So you'd have to say you are going to exit Thailand twice at 2 month intervals and buy 2 air tickets out of the country and show them as proof. Plus now you have to pre-pay a month of accomodation and show proof. The Special Tourist Visa is even worse. They want a police clearance! And proof of fully paid accomodations for the entire length of the stay. That's ridiculous. So I am giving up on Thailand. I will go to Latin America or the Caribbean next winter. Costa Rica for example issues a visa on arrival allowing a stay of 90 days. A single border run adds another 90 days. Nice and easy.

Edited by Bangkok_Gary
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dr.Sivada said:

Nobody gives a damn about what you went through, we all know the entire process. There are complaints simply because the test and go v2 program is not logical nor realistic. The fact you subjected yourself through it DOES NOT mean others should, nor does your action validate the program in anyway. Sorry, who do you think you are? Hubris. 

Haha

THIS POST SUMS UP THIS FORUM 100%

 

Someone comes on and gives there actual personal experience 

 

And he gets yelled at by one the miserables for it!!

Who probably hasn't done the process

 

 

For the simple sin of giving a good review of the process!!

 

How dare someone not bitch and moan!

 

Not on this miserable bastards watch!!!

 

Holy hell, you can't make this shit up 

 

Can you imagine being this miserable of a person????

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With such universal condemnation of the New Test and Go requirements, as reported in this very article, what are we going to do as travellers?

More bitching, whinging, role over and have our belly tickeled, and write it off as well, it's Thailand? Or, hit this idiotic government  and provincial governments where it hurts?

For me, it's the latter! I will not give them my money if, as a fully vaccinated individual,  I have to take any mandatory tests and jump through all the other hoops just for a f.....g holiday! 

If everyone did the same, the rules would be scrapped very quickly.

At the end of the day we collectively provide 20% of Thailands GDP. If they don't want that money anymore, then F..K them!

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BIGGLES said:

With such universal condemnation of the New Test and Go requirements, as reported in this very article, what are we going to do as travellers?

More bitching, whinging, role over and have our belly tickeled, and write it off as well, it's Thailand? Or, hit this idiotic government  and provincial governments where it hurts?

For me, it's the latter! I will not give them my money if, as a fully vaccinated individual,  I have to take any mandatory tests and jump through all the other hoops just for a f.....g holiday! 

If everyone did the same, the rules would be scrapped very quickly.

At the end of the day we collectively provide 20% of Thailands GDP. If they don't want that money anymore, then F..K them!

Completely agree. Before the pandemic I used to go to Bangkok at least three to four times a year from the US just for vacation. I contributed plenty for the local Thai businesses: averaging approximately 1K usd/meal and at least the same for lodging per night. I was even considering purchasing a condo in 2019. (Looking back that was truly naive of me.) I am a practical person: be nice to me, and I’ll be nice to you. I definitely do not plan to return when I am not welcomed nor appreciated they way I deserve to be. There are plenty of other ways I can spend hard earned money for vacation. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Travel101 said:

Whine whine whine... feel lucky it's back and slightly adjusted; a real hardship. 

I must be the odd one out. I think it's a great start on 1 February and Not 1 July.

Always finding the Upside in any challenge is where the attitude of gratitude begins.

Been to Austria, Germany or Australia lately?

That’s not the point. Australia tourism contributes about 10% of its GDP. Austria about 7.5% and Germany only 4.5%. Thailand should be looking to protect its 20% of GDP far far better than what they are. That’s the reason people are being so negative about this latest move. It’s another example of the sheer incompetence, lack of understanding and lack of consideration for their own people. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Makes sense, na????

I thought only English was allowed on this forum? Na???

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Soidog said:

That’s not the point. Australia tourism contributes about 10% of its GDP. Austria about 7.5% and Germany only 4.5%. Thailand should be looking to protect its 20% of GDP far far better than what they are. That’s the reason people are being so negative about this latest move. It’s another example of the sheer incompetence, lack of understanding and lack of consideration for their own people. 

I think most we agree with what you say

 

But I just don't and never will, understand the anger towards a country you just want to visit 

Who cares.....if someone doesn't like the requirements than don't go

 

I'm married to a Thai, she's desperate to go home for a visit and I want to see my stepson 

We had our 1st solo adult trip together planned for next week

 

Then Omicron hit, and we decided to cancel

We were bummed but just don't have the energy to be outraged

 

Now looking at April/May

I think the new T&G is a bit onerous

 

But I want to see my stepson and we want to look at properties 

 

So I may suck it up and go

But if I decide it's too much, I won't

But even with my family, connections....I don't have this anger and exasperation

 

I don't get it, I really don't 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I think most we agree with what you say

But I just don't and never will, understand the anger towards a country you just want to visit 

Who cares.....if someone doesn't like the requirements than don't go

I'm married to a Thai, she's desperate to go home for a visit and I want to see my stepson 

We had our 1st solo adult trip together planned for next week

Then Omicron hit, and we decided to cancel

We were bummed but just don't have the energy to be outraged

Now looking at April/May

I think the new T&G is a bit onerous

But I want to see my stepson and we want to look at properties 

So I may suck it up and go

But if I decide it's too much, I won't

But even with my family, connections....I don't have this anger and exasperation

I don't get it, I really don't 

I understand your frustration @Marc26but the same anger and frustration is being vented by people, who as you say, want to go. They want to enjoy their holiday, visit friends and relax in familiar surroundings. That’s all being stopped for no real good reason. I think you have to break it down and look for a shread of logic to this latest adjustment. Why do you have to go in to quarantine on day 5?  I assume it’s because a few have had the test and cleared off to a new town before the result came through???  But how many? How material of a risk is it in a country that is already rife with Covid? It’s a totally irrational response by the Thai government. It’s being done to play to nationalism vote. This is why people are pee’d off and want to get back and enjoy their life. No one who cares about the Thai people, should be showing any level of acceptance, understanding or support for this utter stupidity.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

I understand your frustration @Marc26but the same anger and frustration is being vented by people, who as you say, want to go. They want to enjoy their holiday, visit friends and relax in familiar surroundings. That’s all being stopped for no real good reason. I think you have to break it down and look for a shread of logic to this latest adjustment. Why do you have to go in to quarantine on day 5?  I assume it’s because a few have had the test and cleared off to a new town before the result came through???  But how many? How material of a risk is it in a country that is already rife with Covid? It’s a totally irrational response by the Thai government. It’s being done to play to nationalism vote. This is why people are pee’d off and want to get back and enjoy their life. No one who cares about the Thai people, should be showing any level of acceptance, understanding or support for this utter stupidity.  

Again I don't disagree with any of that 

I don't see the logic in the new 5th day and it definitely may prove too much of a hassle for me

 

I just simply don't get the anger towards it 

 

And I'm a hothead!   😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Fundok said:

As a side note: Switzerland, with a fraction of the population of Thailand, and substantially more daily infections (around 38K yesterday) has decided that as of today they do not require a Covid test upon boarding a plane to Switzerland of those fully vaccinated. Just need to fill in a digital entry form that needs to be shown (QR code) at the border. Shouldn't this be the direction TH be heading to find the balance between the risk of visitors bringing in the virus and the need to get the economy up and running?

Instead, bureaucracy (or rather: bureaucrazy)...

Every country has to make its own (bad) decisions. 

Criticism of Thailand because it's not like XYZ country is a bit... unfair. 

How many other countries have followed suit? 

Could Thai policies be different because, well, it's a different country? 

Being one of the world's most visited tourism destinations might factor in? 

Et cetera. 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve never seen a country make more of a mess with their tourism sector than this bunch . It’s bordering on a parody at this point. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, I have to agree that the Thai government's actions are becoming more and more like a parody. Every decision surpasses the previous one. I canceled my trip at the beginning of the cutoff date discussion. In hindsight, I should have entered the country "today". At least I didn't have to go to the SHA+ Hotel again on the 5th day and the PCR test would have been free of charge.

In my opinion, this new, absolutely absurd procedure with the renewed entry quarantine only served to get customers to certain hotels and then, if the test was positive, also to the corresponding hospitals. That's more than obvious...

However, I'm pretty sure that another change in the Test&Go procedure won't be long in coming! At the latest when they realize that their sooo huge (dreamed of) numbers of tourists are missing. Then suddenly it's like: Oh shit... what do we do now!? It's just stupid that the high session will be over by then...

Edited by SkylineGTR82
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Note from Moderators

Multiple posts on this thread have been removed for breaches of Forum Etiquette and Guidelines. 

Members are reminded that they are the first level of Moderation on this forum and are responsible for what they post. Those members doing so are appreciated.

Those choosing to post Irresponsible rhetoric simply inflaming the discussion will not. Keep posts civil or expect them not to be seen. 

 

Moderator

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How Long time should it take before they, as well as many other countries, realize that they don't have to check anything any more. Omicron is not a problem for vaccinated people. Seriously it isn't, no more deaths than any normal flu.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Travel101 said:

Whine whine whine... feel lucky it's back and slightly adjusted; a real hardship. 

I must be the odd one out. I think it's a great start on 1 February and Not 1 July.

Always finding the Upside in any challenge is where the attitude of gratitude begins.

Been to Austria, Germany or Australia lately?

Not whing, just trying to find the reasing behind the measures.

Been to Austria, Germany, Italy, France, Luxembourg and Liechtenstein lately (living in Switzerland), so I know what I am talking about. Italy has probably the toughest measures in place, probably still traumatized by those pictures of coffins piling up in Bergamo, and the hospitals unable to manage the sheer number of incoming new patients. If you compare the number of infected people as well as those who have sadly died, ITA with a total population of close to 60m vis-a-vis TH with close to 70m people has had many, many more deceased persons (ITA: 2'368 per 1m, TH 314 per 1m).

Thailand is an autonomous country and is free to impose any restrictions for tourists as it sees fit. But since the purpose is also to attract tourists to visit the country my view is: this part of the mission is doomed to fail.

I have been to the Chiang Mai night market yesterday evening (Saturday). I was shocked to see how many businesses have given up and even more, how few people (tourists) were around. If any proof was needed as evidence of the grave economic impact especially for smaller businesses, one needn't look any further. And if Thailand wants to really do something about that, my well-meant advice would be to make the entry into the country less cumbersome and expensive. Those 14'000 THB my wife and I spent on testing could have been spent on the Thai economy instead. No whining, just saying.

The pic shows the entry area of the Anusarn Night Market in Chiang May on Jan 22nd 2922, a Saturday evening: hardly any people on the road.

IMG_20220122_193940.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have done two 14 day quarantines, the 2 weeks Phuket Sandbox in July and the Test & Go in November where I did the test on the way to the hotel and got out of the hotel at noon the day after arrival.  I am due back in February and purchased my flight and hotel under the assumption I would do an ATK test on day 5 or 6.  I have had 3 shots of Pfizer, live in America and was not only in Bangkok when COVID hit the country, but back in the US have been out every day since then doing whatever I wanted with no fear of COVID.  I am also now 73 and in good health with no underlying problems.  Don't know if I have ever had COVID but these new rules again are frustrating for many people.  Unfortunately, I will be stuck in Phuket for a week or lose that hotel cost if I try to change to BKK.  It is frustrating for many people that you have to pay for flights, hotel, insurance, tests and all that BEFORE you know if you are even approved to go.  And it's even more distressing to know if a Thai test positive asymptomatic, they are sent home but YOU might be sent to a hospital and forced to be isolated and pay dearly for that privilege.  Seems the Thai govt. wants their people to believe we are the reason COVID has invaded Thailand and we are all diseased to begin with.  A negative test before flight should be enough with an ATK test maybe at the airport AT GOVT. EXPENSE to make sure you are still negative.  The problem with the system is that many Thais are on flights we other people are on and they are not required to take a COVID test before they fly unless the airline requires it.  They never tell you how many Thais are infected after arrival, do they??  They are ruining the desire of many people to come to Thailand when they have the free time with changing the requirements every time the wind changes direction.  I guess they figure if they can't snag all the tourist dollars by just letting them in, then they will make up for it with hotel costs and unnecessary tests to pad those pockets.  Even here when you return you do a test one day before returning and when you get here you are free to go where you want.  Nobody makes you retest and retest and retest.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Naja said:

I have done two 14 day quarantines, the 2 weeks Phuket Sandbox in July and the Test & Go in November where I did the test on the way to the hotel and got out of the hotel at noon the day after arrival.  I am due back in February and purchased my flight and hotel under the assumption I would do an ATK test on day 5 or 6.  I have had 3 shots of Pfizer, live in America and was not only in Bangkok when COVID hit the country, but back in the US have been out every day since then doing whatever I wanted with no fear of COVID.  I am also now 73 and in good health with no underlying problems.  Don't know if I have ever had COVID but these new rules again are frustrating for many people.  Unfortunately, I will be stuck in Phuket for a week or lose that hotel cost if I try to change to BKK.  It is frustrating for many people that you have to pay for flights, hotel, insurance, tests and all that BEFORE you know if you are even approved to go.  And it's even more distressing to know if a Thai test positive asymptomatic, they are sent home but YOU might be sent to a hospital and forced to be isolated and pay dearly for that privilege.  Seems the Thai govt. wants their people to believe we are the reason COVID has invaded Thailand and we are all diseased to begin with.  A negative test before flight should be enough with an ATK test maybe at the airport AT GOVT. EXPENSE to make sure you are still negative.  The problem with the system is that many Thais are on flights we other people are on and they are not required to take a COVID test before they fly unless the airline requires it.  They never tell you how many Thais are infected after arrival, do they??  They are ruining the desire of many people to come to Thailand when they have the free time with changing the requirements every time the wind changes direction.  I guess they figure if they can't snag all the tourist dollars by just letting them in, then they will make up for it with hotel costs and unnecessary tests to pad those pockets.  Even here when you return you do a test one day before returning and when you get here you are free to go where you want.  Nobody makes you retest and retest and retest.

"Even here" a country that still has 2000 people dying per day and says covid is over

 

It's not the Thai govt making their people believe that we are the reason for Covid

 

It is people from the US shrugging at 1mil deaths and 2k people still dying daily that shapes Thai people's thoughts on the matter

 

You may think that all those people dying is no big deal

But a lot of people around the world in a lot of countries think that attitude towards it is crazy 

 

Hence the restrictions that Thailand imposes and that their citizens are happy they are imposing them.....

 

My Thai wife is gobsmacked when she sees scenes in the US

All her Thai friends here in Vancouver look down on the US in regards to covid

 

I think it's insulting to think Thais are being led by their government 

They see images of the US and the west and shake their head 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the people who are setting these total stupid restrictions need to be fired!!and chanachot thinks a few''rich tourtist'' will make up for the millions who could come if not for this totaly idiot  restrictions???i dont understand his idea of ''rich''tourtist.i drop around $30,000 usd each past year i come. but no way ill put up with the b/s hoops.thailand is off my list.costa rica is closer/open/ and cheaper!!so maybe some of us will return in 2025 when someone with real understanding  and smarts gets in office.this test and go 2.0 is  quite a joke,world wide. chock dee to all the good thai people who suffer because of an inept govt!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use