News Forum - Thumbs down for Thailand’s Test & Go Version 2

Thaiger

On 1/22/2022 at 9:44 PM, Soidog said:

....There is no scientific basis for the day 5 quarantine. There’s not even any common sense to it. It’s been done at the whim of an individual or a group of individuals sat around a table trying to outdo one another by pushing for more restrictions, especially on foreigners. 

The "Xenophobic Thailand" trope. Just because no explanation was given to you doesn't mean it's without reason. 

You have no proof of this "whimsical" conspiracy game of arbitrary restrictions. None. 

I would also add, that for many, myself included, there is an underlying feeling that these decisions are based on a negative bias towards foreigners in Thailand. I know the same rules are being said to apply equally to Thais and foreigners, but I simply don’t buy that the treatment across all measures is not discriminatory. It’s not a proactive or conscious racism, more a general lack of thought, consideration or empathy towards foreigners. This also drives some of the frustration and anger, especially for people with close ties to Thailand. 

The "racist Thailand" trope with concession it might not be racism..?

Gosh, hard to refute such scientific evidence based in common sense. Maybe your feelings of racist persecution are ... Whimsical? 

Maybe people who are Thai have more right to say how Thailand is run than worry about feelings of non-Thais who want to cry racism at every inconvenience or surcharge? Of course I could be wrong. 

8 hours ago, dirkzett said:

Bon voyage Thailand, on your way 

That's it with us.
 I had no desire to wait until these nonsensical rules are abolished.
 You did not want me, well other countries also have beautiful daughters.
Since November I am in the Dominican Republic.
Necessary was for entry:
Test or vaccination, a health insurance, an onwardticket for the "return flight" and a Dominican address. All this you enter yourself in the e-ticket, show only this at the entry ... that's all.
No visa run needed, you pay a penalty fee equal to the extension fees when you leave the country, no tests in the country,
Mask requirement only in public buildings and transportation.

No one is imprisoned for passing one of these error-prone tests or for drinking the wrong drink from a paper cup in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And the beaches are full, the bars are full, the restaurants are full.

I'll be back, maybe if it's held the same way in Thailand, Otherwise, Mexico, Panama, Colombia, Costa Rica and the rest of the Caribbean islands are quite nice.

IMG_20220104_173603.jpg

Splendid.

If it's so good, then why are you still posting here ... and why will you be back ... 😂?

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Splendid.

If it's so good, then why are you still posting here ... and why will you be back ... 😂?

To let  others  know of better choices

• Cool 1

12 hours ago, dirkzett said:

Bon voyage Thailand, on your way 

That's it with us.
 I had no desire to wait until these nonsensical rules are abolished.
 You did not want me, well other countries also have beautiful daughters.
Since November I am in the Dominican Republic.
Necessary was for entry:
Test or vaccination, a health insurance, an onwardticket for the "return flight" and a Dominican address. All this you enter yourself in the e-ticket, show only this at the entry ... that's all.
No visa run needed, you pay a penalty fee equal to the extension fees when you leave the country, no tests in the country,
Mask requirement only in public buildings and transportation.

No one is imprisoned for passing one of these error-prone tests or for drinking the wrong drink from a paper cup in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And the beaches are full, the bars are full, the restaurants are full.

I'll be back, maybe if it's held the same way in Thailand, Otherwise, Mexico, Panama, Colombia, Costa Rica and the rest of the Caribbean islands are quite nice.

IMG_20220104_173603.jpg

Good for you and us. You can also practice your Spanish language skills when ordering a beer or complaining about how the government is treating you.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Vince said:

The "Xenophobic Thailand" trope. Just because no explanation was given to you doesn't mean it's without reason. 

You have no proof of this "whimsical" conspiracy game of arbitrary restrictions. None. 

The "racist Thailand" trope with concession it might not be racism..?

Gosh, hard to refute such scientific evidence based in common sense. Maybe your feelings of racist persecution are ... Whimsical? 

Maybe people who are Thai have more right to say how Thailand is run than worry about feelings of non-Thais who want to cry racism at every inconvenience or surcharge? Of course I could be wrong. 

This forum is for opinions @Vince  It’s not a scientific journal. I was giving my opinion based on the fact that no evidence was given by the government as to why a day 5 test in a hotel was required. They chose to make that decision based their option it was necessary, I chose to disagree and gave my option as to why. Disagree all you like but unless you can give some basis to your disagreement then it’s nothing more than your opinion, to which you are of course entitled. 

• Like 2

Just now, Soidog said:

This forum is for opinions @Vince  It’s not a scientific journal. I was giving my opinion

I agree! 

Just now, Soidog said:

based on the fact that no evidence was given by the government as to why a day 5 test in a hotel was required. They chose to make that decision based their option it was necessary, I chose to disagree and gave my option as to why. Disagree all you like but unless you can give some basis to your disagreement then it’s nothing more than your opinion, to which you are of course entitled. 

I also agree. You have your opinion and I mine. 

You suggested motives, I suggested counter motives. I have no proof that my position is true - as you noted this is not a scientific journal. 

I'm saying the idea a bunch of greedy corrupt Thai politicians are just playing games to make more money is not the only possible explanation for Thai policy. 

I may, in fact, be totally wrong and you might be totally correct. Who knows? 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 12:44 PM, Soidog said:

Ok mate, well I think we are discussing the finer points of how people react to disappointment. I can’t understand why people get worked up and angry if the bad weather upsets their BBQ. However, I do understand when people get angry because someone forgot to buy the steaks and burgers! One is unavoidable and the other is totally within the capacity of a person to have avoided it. The same situation is happening with Test & Go. There is no scientific basis for the day 5 quarantine. There’s not even any common sense to it. It’s been done at the whim of an individual or a group of individuals sat around a table trying to outdo one another by pushing for more restrictions, especially on foreigners. 

I would also add, that for many, myself included, there is an underlying feeling that these decisions are based on a negative bias towards foreigners in Thailand. I know the same rules are being said to apply equally to Thais and foreigners, but I simply don’t buy that the treatment across all measures is not discriminatory. It’s not a proactive or conscious racism, more a general lack of thought, consideration or empathy towards foreigners. This also drives some of the frustration and anger, especially for people with close ties to Thailand. 

If I was a simple tourist and looking to make a choice where to go on holiday, then it wouldn’t bother me, I’d go elsewhere and not give it a second thought. I was that type of “tourist” I probably wouldn’t be a member on this forum though would I?  

It seems you are still stuck in the UK because of indecision.  You have zero clout with the rule makers so you need to realize your position in the decision tree. I suggest you quite your commentary on how things should be or how they are in the UK and focus on if you want to come under the current rules, wait for favorable changes, or find a alternative place. You can’t force your size 12 foot into the glass slipper. "Com on man" give it a break.

6 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

It seems you are still stuck in the UK because of indecision.  You have zero clout with the rule makers so you need to realize your position in the decision tree. I suggest you quite your commentary on how things should be or how they are in the UK and focus on if you want to come under the current rules, wait for favorable changes, or find a alternative place. You can’t force your size 12 foot into the glass slipper. "Com on man" give it a break.

Are you off your meds again? I told you already that I’m not in the UK. I’m back in Thailand and have been since the 19th. Either that or I’m wasting my breath replying to you at 01:37 in the morning. 
Now go get a glass of water…

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 12:47 PM, riclag said:

If one worries about who your sitting next to on a plane( vax ,unvax) , it’s useless ! If one is looking to fault and take animus for the spread thats useless aswell!

I’m Clearly speaking about the spread ,I’m not talking about who has a better outcome ! The spread is the issue ,I was commenting on ,check out my prior comment . 

I agree, with regards to Omikron the spreading of the disease is indeed an issue - the Omikron variant is a game changer, sadly in the wrong direction. But then, being fully vaccinated, Omikron is far less lethal than Delta. So is it way more contagious and less deadly. Hence getting infected is not that critical, especially when you are fully vaccinated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Soidog said:

I told you already that I’m not in the UK. I’m back in Thailand and have been since the 19th. Either that or I’m wasting my breath replying to you at 01:37 in the morning. 
Now go get a glass of water…

So all the issues didn't keep you away ..... oh well, they can't be that bad then 😂

11 minutes ago, Stonker said:

How very public spirited of you - anything but sour grapes 😂.

u r the  one asking  the  question,  dont  wanna  know  then  dont  ask

5 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

u r the  one asking  the  question,  dont  wanna  know  then  dont  ask

Happy to know - I've never come across so many public spirited people as the whaling fleet on here 😂

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

Happy to know - I've never come across so many public spirited people as the whaling fleet on here 😂

You come work with me for a  day at the land, doubt  youd  last 10  minutes with me and the fleet, Ive finished  re  roofing one house but am looking for  unwilling volunteers for my  next project

20220109_100650.jpg

20220122_102829.jpg

1 hour ago, RampantRabbit said:

You come work with me for a  day at the land, doubt  youd  last 10  minutes with me and the fleet, Ive finished  re  roofing one house but am looking for  unwilling volunteers for my  next project

20220109_100650.jpg

20220122_102829.jpg

I think you need to start smoking something else 😂

On 24.1.2022 at 10:41, Marc26 said:

Sieht aus, als wären Sie in Sosua 

Das ist irgendwie ein Drecksloch, IMO

Der Strand daneben, Caberete, ist wirklich schön

Hat tolle Restaurants am Strand eingerichtet 

Maybe, but I also felt good in Thailand and in Sosua Playa the waves are so gentle that you can swim through the bay.

On 24.1.2022 at 16:57, Stonker said:

Prächtig.

Wenn es so gut ist, warum postest du dann noch hier ... und warum kommst du wieder ... 😂?

The food is better and the girls are more in line with my ideal of beauty.

On 1/23/2022 at 8:44 PM, LoongFred said:

What happens if your caught? At least a fine and/or a cooler in jail. I wouldn’t brag about it here.

Not bragging about it, just trying to know if it’s actually possible to do it, since, apparently, there is no document/proof you need to show to immigration (regarding 2nd PCR) when you leave. If someone can confirm that, well… I will take my decisions.

On 1/29/2022 at 6:21 PM, dirkzett said:

The food is better and the girls are more in line with my ideal of beauty.

The food was pretty awful in DR, in my opinion 

And I am actually attracted to Latin American girls

And although I've never mongered in Latin America or Caribbean 

I've been around the scene plenty

And they can't hold a candle to Thai girls for overall scene 

I mean, forgot about p4p scene

Just Thailand in general 

The amount of beautiful girls you see just ik  the airport when you land is astonishing