News Forum - Thumbs down for Thailand’s Test & Go Version 2

Thaiger

Test & Go V2.0 has received a universal thumbs down by Thaiger readers and viewers. Or just about anywhere else in the online comments space. The rebooted, and slightly more complicated, Test & Go option, part of the three-part Thailand Pass online re-entry program, was relaunched on Thursday for travellers arriving after February 1. Initially launched on November 1, and a popular option for travellers during both November and December last year, Test & Go has had a few tweaks before the announcement to reboot the program on Thursday. It’s now Test & Go, then test again, then go… hopefully. […]

The story Thumbs down for Thailand’s Test & Go Version 2 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Thanks 2

Grant From Samroiyot 

If you get COVID positive test after arriving on the fifth day you have been test negative for at least in your country and on arrival!!!

you probably picked up the virus in Thailand??

So test the Airport staff and Tourism operating staff daily , or you are just having a joke and scamming tourists money??

• Like 7

Example!!

If you had 2 Covid tests already negative!!

Then when you test positive on 5th day shouldn’t all the tourism operators from the Airport , Taxis, Hotel staff, shops visited etc. be tested???

its a joke if you don’t?

so why are you isolating only the person who had tested positive??

• Like 3

The comments above from @Grant are exactly what the majority are thinking about this 'new improved' 5th 6th version of the tourism rules in Thailand. And everyone knows that there will probably be another 2-3 versions before they get it back to normal and what it should be - no testing on arrival.  Many tourism operators and agencies are just not interested in doing business in Thailand right now. The damage being done to future tourism to Thailand by this current Govt is massive and will be felt for a long time. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Test & Go V2.0 has received a universal thumbs down by Thaiger readers and viewers. Or just about anywhere else in the online comments space. The rebooted, and slightly more complicated, Test & Go option, part of the three-part Thailand Pass online re-entry program, was relaunched on Thursday for travellers arriving after February 1. Initially launched on November 1, and a popular option for travellers during both November and December last year, Test & Go has had a few tweaks before the announcement to reboot the program on Thursday. It’s now Test & Go, then test again, then go… hopefully. […]

The story Thumbs down for Thailand’s Test & Go Version 2 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So what they are saying is....wait until after the 6th day for missionary.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

I think T&G v2 is just fine. 

Please keep moving forward. Don't stop now. 

Let's have v3. Keep adjusting. 

• Haha 3

As a side note: Switzerland, with a fraction of the population of Thailand, and substantially more daily infections (around 38K yesterday) has decided that as of today they do not require a Covid test upon boarding a plane to Switzerland of those fully vaccinated. Just need to fill in a digital entry form that needs to be shown (QR code) at the border. Shouldn't this be the direction TH be heading to find the balance between the risk of visitors bringing in the virus and the need to get the economy up and running?

Instead, bureaucracy (or rather: bureaucrazy)...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

I find that the comments regarding the test & go program as ridiculous, I arrived in Thailand 🇹🇭 under the 14 day quarantine, to which having followed the Thai video a piece of cake . Having arrived in Thailand 🇹🇭 I found that the professionalism & organisation by the Thai was amazing. Now they have made things even easier, Wow 😯 and people are still moaning unbelievable. I had to do a test after 7 days easy and had a great time in Phuket and now I am back in chonburi. I wished uk 🇬🇧 would care in the same way as the Thai people. I have no problem with wearing masks 😷 and I wish the tourist would. Just think 🤔 about it Thailand 🇹🇭 is doing this for YOUR Safety as well, respect them for it .  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Whine whine whine... feel lucky it's back and slightly adjusted; a real hardship. 

I must be the odd one out. I think it's a great start on 1 February and Not 1 July.

Always finding the Upside in any challenge is where the attitude of gratitude begins.

Been to Austria, Germany or Australia lately?

• Like 2

Coming from Canada, well maybe.  Have my flights booked but after careful consideration, thinking of cancelling.  That's 5 RT-PCR tests for me and it's not cheap in Canada.  Sorry Thailand, maybe next time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, leftcoastguy said:

The link in the article for the Test and Go option doesn’t work. Can’t click on it

Yeah, all the links work. We just double checked them.

17 minutes ago, leftcoastguy said:

The link in the article for the Test and Go option doesn’t work. Can’t click on it

The one that leads to the Thailand Pass website? It works, the site just has not been updated yet (of course, everything in due time! 🤣)

40 minutes ago, Peterblue said:

I find that the comments regarding the test & go program as ridiculous, I arrived in Thailand 🇹🇭 under the 14 day quarantine, to which having followed the Thai video a piece of cake . Having arrived in Thailand 🇹🇭 I found that the professionalism & organisation by the Thai was amazing. Now they have made things even easier, Wow 😯 and people are still moaning unbelievable. I had to do a test after 7 days easy and had a great time in Phuket and now I am back in chonburi. I wished uk 🇬🇧 would care in the same way as the Thai people. I have no problem with wearing masks 😷 and I wish the tourist would. Just think 🤔 about it Thailand 🇹🇭 is doing this for YOUR Safety as well, respect them for it .  

Glad you had a great time - but many have not.  4700+ have tested positive since 1st January and many of those have not had a great holiday, nor has their friends, family and close contacts.  

17 minutes ago, Neo99 said:

Coming from Canada, well maybe.  Have my flights booked but after careful consideration, thinking of cancelling.  That's 5 RT-PCR tests for me and it's not cheap in Canada.  Sorry Thailand, maybe next time.

Yep - same for me and mine. 5 tests costs a lot of money. And being quarantined can also cost a lot. Saving our money for when no tests on arrival or during stay, unless get sick.  And if one of us does get sick, then that is what the mandatory insurance is for, isnt it?  

1 hour ago, Fundok said:

As a side note: Switzerland, with a fraction of the population of Thailand, and substantially more daily infections (around 38K yesterday) has decided that as of today they do not require a Covid test upon boarding a plane to Switzerland of those fully vaccinated. Just need to fill in a digital entry form that needs to be shown (QR code) at the border. Shouldn't this be the direction TH be heading to find the balance between the risk of visitors bringing in the virus and the need to get the economy up and running?

Instead, bureaucracy (or rather: bureaucrazy)...

Yep - Switzerland is only requiring PCR Tests for those who are unvaccinated wishing to enter.  

That is what Thailand needs to match to attract the numbers of tourists that it needs.  But it seems to me that it will take a while if people keep coming in under the test and go pre-pay arrangement.  Vested interests want it to remain as long as possible - and they are powerful in Thailand.  But one day it will be dropped - hope not too many people pre-pay and then find the whole scheme has been dropped before they arrive (or shortly after) - they will not get much or a refund, if any.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peterblue said:

Paraphrased:

"What are you lot complaining about?  I bent over and took it like a man!

Now it's your turn."

1 hour ago, Peterblue said:

Good for you, you been in Thailand for awhile & easy for you to say. A lot of tourists will be complaining, moaning, pissed off, flustered, stressed out whatever wanna call it due to the fact that some of them only have 2 weeks of holiday or maybe a month if they're lucky. If they have to do Day 5 or Day 6 on PCR test, they already lost 7 days of their vacation to Thailand plus they have to isolate at least 5 days before taking that PCR test when departing Thailand so too many lost days on their vacation. Not to throw you under the bus but that's what all the moaning around.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Neo99 said:

Oh well, see you then!!

23 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

What are you lot complaining about?  I bent over and took it like a man!

So you have already been covid tested ….

China brings back anal swab testing for Covid before Winter Olympics
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10426431/China-brings-anal-swab-testing-Covid-two-weeks-Winter-Olympics-begin.html

24 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

Paraphrased:

"What are you lot complaining about?  I bent over and took it like a man!

Now it's your turn."

Wishful thinking?