News Forum - “Take it next year!” Cold response to student about Covid-19 affected exams

Thaiger

Thai Twitter is blowing up today with outrage at the callous response of the Council of University Presidents of Thailand when a student asked about missing college admission exams due to Covid-19. Screenshots of a Facebook Messenger conversation went viral when they were posted on Thursday night. In the conversation, a concerned student asked how about if she were to become infected with Covid-19 what the procedure would be if she was unable to take the college admission exam which is administered on certain set dates. The student was likely expecting that, in the middle of a two-year-long pandemic, universities […]

The story “Take it next year!” Cold response to student about Covid-19 affected exams as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

24 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thai Twitter is blowing up today with outrage at the callous response of the Council of University Presidents of Thailand when a student asked about missing college admission exams due to Covid-19. Screenshots of a Facebook Messenger conversation went viral when they were posted on Thursday night. In the conversation, a concerned student asked how about if she were to become infected with Covid-19 what the procedure would be if she was unable to take the college admission exam which is administered on certain set dates. The student was likely expecting that, in the middle of a two-year-long pandemic, universities […]

The story “Take it next year!” Cold response to student about Covid-19 affected exams as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

My experience with a Thai University, Thamassat in this case, is they all are a bunch of c*nts 

Teachers trying to rip off kids

Admin a bunch of useless idiots

Half the times not knowing when school ends or starts

Not very impressed 

• Like 1

So that comes to the same as people being locked up in a hospital and have overstay, same dumb doing of brainless people that suppose to learn in this case children.. omg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

So let me make sure I understand, people are upset about the answer to a hypothetical question? She isn't sick. And if she got sick, it is possible that it may not have an impact on her ability to take the test. Maybe...just maybe.. this particular administrator was tired of answering hypothetical questions about things that haven't happened yet. If you want examples, just scroll through the questions people ask about their individual scenarios for travelling to Thailand next month. 

11 hours ago, Marc26 said:

My experience with a Thai University, Thamassat in this case, is they all are a bunch of c*nts 

Teachers trying to rip off kids

Admin a bunch of useless idiots

Half the times not knowing when school ends or starts

Not very impressed 

I never worked for Schools/Unis in Thailand, but I know quite a few people that did/do - some as teachers and some in IT.

What you said is thereabouts exactly what all the Expats said.  The Thais I knew/know never said it, but they felt the same way (and said as such to my wife, but never to me).

• Like 1

Since I have read this news, I have to say that it is ridiculous and unacceptable that the Council of University Presidents of Thailand cannot deal with something like this. Actually, government couldn’t deal with Covid-19 so it affects with everything. Not only educational but also everything. By the way, the Council of University Presidents of Thailand shouldn’t say that because this test is really important for student to go to some university. Some students have planned to do this test for a year so I think it’s unacceptable at all.

Since I have read this, I think it is ridiculous and unacceptable that the Council of University Presidents of Thailand couldn’t deal with this type of situation. Actually, Thai government also cannot deal with this since Covid-19 happened. But it just so sad, some student prepare to take this take for a month or year and it’s really important for student to take this test because it is required for the university. This is not the first time that something like this happened. They couldn’t deal with educational, poverty, same sex marriage, and everything so for me this is very ridiculous and unacceptable .