News Forum - Study shows 2 doses of Sputnik vaccine better than Pfizer

Thaiger

3 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Unlucky, exactly that is the case:

As older you get, as lesser your immune system is responding! I thought that EVERYONE got that in 2020, when in some areas 80% of the Covid related death were 70+. On top, that got communicated, even that a vaccinated 80 years old is, because of age and immune system responds ,  in best case just as protected as a 20/30 years old (before Delta and Omicron, 2020, ok ;-) unvaccinated, not over weighted, no diabetic, ...., hence like a 20 years old sound person. 

That is, why AGE is the main risk factor! 

Btw: The first Omicron death in Thailand was a 86 years old woman in Songkla, vaccinated 2x with Pfizer. She got the Virus from her nephew, who came from Phuket home or just to visit.

Ok 

5 hours ago, Vince said:

Is small-n a valid research model?

If you understand what you're quoting you don't need to ask me - the answers clearly spelt out in the first sentence.

If you don't understand it, try looking up the meaning of "quasi-experimental".

• Cool 1

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

If you understand what you're quoting you don't need to ask me - the answers clearly spelt out in the first sentence.

If you don't understand it, try looking up the meaning of "quasi-experimental".

Gotta get up pretty early to catch you out @Stonker

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Unlucky, exactly that is the case:

As older you get, as lesser your immune system is responding! I thought that EVERYONE got that in 2020, when in some areas 80% of the Covid related death were 70+. On top, that got communicated, even that a vaccinated 80 years old is, because of age and immune system responds ,  in best case just as protected as a 20/30 years old (before Delta and Omicron, 2020, ok ;-) unvaccinated, not over weighted, no diabetic, ...., hence like a 20 years old sound person. 

That is, why AGE is the main risk factor! 

Btw: The first Omicron death in Thailand was a 86 years old woman in Songkla, vaccinated 2x with Pfizer. She got the Virus from her nephew, who came from Phuket home or just to visit.

You'd think that after two years of having the age factor repeated, plus all the talk about the significance of the difference in average age in S Africa (27) vs UK, EU and Thailand (41 - 43) that most people would know this by now even if they didn't before ... but TITT 😱.

• Like 1

I recall seeing a story a few weeks ago about growing resistance to vaxxing in Russia. Apparently, the cause of the prob was the Russian gov, putting out negative stories about western vaxxes. Apparently, the vax-sceptics then questioned as to why Sputnik would be any safer? 

Meanwhile, the original sources are being treated for gunshot wounds to the feet.

21 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Okok, they only sponsor the biggest ones, from where everything will just be copy pasted onto other networks. 

A big news network in the USA only has to write something, and it'll be seen everywhere. They don't need more than the big ones. And nearly, if not all, the biggest news networks in the USA are enough to change the narrative all over the world. 

Not a problem at all, isn't it?

I've seen that there was some ice in Phayao today after a storm. Maybe I'm not looking carefully enough, but I've now literally seen ice/snow in Thailand more often than I've seen you fully agreeing with someone😂

"A big news network in the USA only has to write something, and it'll be seen everywhere.", you said. 

Not at all true, we have our own news in the UK for instance, BBC, Sky, ITV etc.

I concur with @Stonkerwhen he said there have been tests done and broadcasted on the BBC where for instance some other vaccines were found to be more affective than AZ.

One thing I did notice though while working in the USA for a year was how inward looking the news on TV was, there was hardly any news about what was going on outside of the USA as thought the USA itself constituted the world. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JamesR said:

"A big news network in the USA only has to write something, and it'll be seen everywhere.", you said. 

Not at all true, we have our own news in the UK for instance, BBC, Sky, ITV etc.

I concur with @Stonkerwhen he said there have been tests done and broadcasted on the BBC where for instance some other vaccines were found to be more affective than AZ.

One thing I did notice though while working in the USA for a year was how inward looking the news on TV was, there was hardly any news about what was going on outside of the USA as thought the USA itself constituted the world. 

Your correct US news is very inward looking as are concerns about most Americans. Since BBC has become a left leaning news source there is little interest. 

Fox News is the most popular news station and focuses on US news.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Your correct US news is very inward looking as are concerns about most Americans. Since BBC has become a left leaning news source there is little interest. 

Fox News is the most popular news station and focuses on US news.

Not to be too pedantic, but I believe you'll find quite an array of news and opinion podcasts that clear and away out market any of the corporate establishment news outlets. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JamesR said:

... not just "the news", in my experience in the US.