Thai Airways to offer international flights to 16 destinations next month

Thaiger

Starting next month until September,  Thai Airways will offer international flights from Bangkok to 16 destinations including Tokyo, Osaka, London, Paris and Frankfurt. The airline’s chief commercial officer says there’s an increase in demand for air travel and they plan to increase flights later this year under its 2021 Winter Programme. The airline says it “prioritises hygiene excellence” and strictly abides by disease control measures set by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration and Civil Aviation Authority. Passenger cabins are disinfected after every flight. Tokyo: From the Narita International Airport, 3 flights will run each week on Tuesdays, Thursdays and […]

The post Thai Airways to offer international flights to 16 destinations next month appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

19 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The airline says it “prioritises hygiene excellence” and strictly abides by disease control measures

Yep! . . . that's all we were wanting . . . "Hurry, darling, before they run-out of one-way tickets to London."

Okay, only joking, but it'll be interesting to know how heavily these flights are booked. Quite lightly, I forecast.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

I had to use Singapore Airlines from Los Angeles, through Singapore , to Phuket and back.  There may have been 30 people from LAX to SIN.  However, the flight from SIN to HKT had twice that amount.  Coming out of HKT, I was one of five total passengers.  My Fiancé s flight from HKT to BKK, an A320 aircraft was completely full.  Seems Thai Smile Airlines may be doing better financially than Singapore Airlines…………………..

However, I would much prefer to fly Thai Airways direct Los Angeles to Bangkok.  I do hope they re-instate that route soon.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

We want to take more of your money and never give it back.

You will be lucky and ride in a plane that has been sat in Bangkok airport in the humidity for several months. None of the "parked in the desert" stuff other airlines do to make sure the plane suffers no damage.

You can then be assured that we, as a bankrupt airline selling off anything we can, will diligently perform all necessary start up maintenance before we fly you in the oldest thing we can find, with the oldest air crew we can find.

And you only get to pay more than every other airline! Come fly with us Falang. You dirty anyway.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Who really flies on Thai any more?  Their prices are always much higher than competing airlines on the same routes.

Unless, in the reshuffle, they've rearranged their fee schedule, it won't matter if they have 16 or 1600 flights to a country in which you can't have a drink, travel without a big brother app and with a mercurial government who can change their policies in the blink of an eye.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Who really flies on Thai any more?  Their prices are always much higher than competing airlines on the same routes.

Unless, in the reshuffle, they've rearranged their fee schedule, it won't matter if they have 16 or 1600 flights to a country in which you can't have a drink, travel without a big brother app and with a mercurial government who can change their policies in the blink of an eye.

I think we all know the only reason Thai Airways is still in operation, purely a vanity project for someone.

2 hours ago, KT50 said:

I had to use Singapore Airlines from Los Angeles, through Singapore , to Phuket and back.  There may have been 30 people from LAX to SIN.  However, the flight from SIN to HKT had twice that amount.  Coming out of HKT, I was one of five total passengers.  My Fiancé s flight from HKT to BKK, an A320 aircraft was completely full.  Seems Thai Smile Airlines may be doing better financially than Singapore Airlines…………………..

However, I would much prefer to fly Thai Airways direct Los Angeles to Bangkok.  I do hope they re-instate that route soon.

I hate to admit it but, now, the very concept of Thai Airways putting a plane in the air gives me the willies, the airline having gone through the financial and staffing wringers during the past few years.

• Like 1

Happy to see Thai Airways attempting to expand their operations. I used really like Thai a few years back.  The price was competitive (Seoul-Bangkok), service was good, and changing your flights was often free or low cost. About 10 years ago or so, like some other legacy airlines, Thai moved towards the low cost airline model and became restrictive with flight changes. Flights also became more expensive with fewer services. Around 2012-13 I stopped using Thai Air, it just wasn't value for the money anymore.

Used TG a lot back in the day when flying from the antipodes to Europe. Both BKK and SIN are approximately (give or take) half way and BKK the far more interesting town. 

Anyhoo those flights were always a bit of a mixed bag depending on the age of the fit out, with the Europe leg always more salubrious. Given TG’s current financial state and their track record on refunds for cancelled flights I won’t be using them after the world opens up. Perhaps in the ‘30s if they are still in existence. 

I would be careful when booking a flight, I will choosing a reputable airline, ok I might pay more for the flight to Thailand, at least I will know i am safe. Many aircraft are sitting idle at the moment, many aircraft from many airlines are parked in the desert in central Australia and in the Nevada dessert in the US. I cant be certain but I am sure Thai Airways have the aircraft in country with hot and humid weather as a previous member said

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gordo2613 said:

I would be careful when booking a flight, I will choosing a reputable airline, ok I might pay more for the flight to Thailand, at least I will know i am safe. Many aircraft are sitting idle at the moment, many aircraft from many airlines are parked in the desert in central Australia and in the Nevada dessert in the US. I cant be certain but I am sure Thai Airways have the aircraft in country with hot and humid weather as a previous member said

I would take my chances with Thai....hopefully smooth as silk. Missed the lemon grass and holy basil smell in the cabin when cabin crew serve their amazing food.

22 hours ago, King Cotton said:

I hate to admit it but, now, the very concept of Thai Airways putting a plane in the air gives me the willies, the airline having gone through the financial and staffing wringers during the past few years.

I bet they are well insured like the night club in walking street Pattaya was sure to have been!

• Haha 1

Well, obviously if the price is much higher I will not be flying Thai Airways.  Still, seems a shame.  I would hope the upkeep of the aircraft meets ICAO standards.  If not, it won’t take long for them to be banned from most other continents.   At least I would hope…………..?

On 9/24/2021 at 10:11 AM, Hamosity said:

Given TG’s current financial state and their track record on refunds for cancelled flights I won’t be using them after the world opens up. Perhaps in the ‘30s if they are still in existence. 

BP is reporting they are planning to  extend to others, including Australia where it’s still not clear who/how you can get out and then back in. 
https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2189343/thai-to-start-flying-to-high-jab-rate-countries

Lots of ifs and when’s and “have or is selling” planes but no details  I’ll stick with my original plans not to use them for a while. SIA out of AKL looks to be my best bet   But no idea how I’d get back (whenever) to either AU or NZ  

Selling tickets is one thing, actually making the flight another, and refunds ... pigs might fly!

With NSW & Vic covid situation I can't see TG making scheduled flights there for many months, especially with Aussies unable to depart as holidaymakers.  Same applies to rest of Au and Nz.

SIA is a solid company with BNE and AKL flights.