Jump to content

News Forum - Sealed route proposal for asymptomatic infected tourists gets lukewarm reception in Phuket


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Phuket officials have responded less than enthusiastically to a suggestion that infected asymptomatic tourists be allowed to travel via a sealed route. Pichet Panapong, the province’s deputy governor, says he believes infected tourists should stay in their hotel rooms. According to a Bangkok Post report, he’s already said as much to the immigration chief who initially made the suggestion. Pichet says there may be some leeway, in that asymptomatic tourists could travel to a quiet beach via a sealed route, for example, but the arrangement would need close monitoring – lest they wander off. “For the proposed sealed route, if […]

The story Sealed route proposal for asymptomatic infected tourists gets lukewarm reception in Phuket as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The desperation for the tourist dollar is palpable. And, of course, it’s another added cost. The proposed SHA Plus Manager will not work for free, transportation and the cost of supplying big sticks to keep the beach vendors away will need to be paid. And there’s the matter of responsibility that clouds this proposal. Who would want to take legal responsibility for herding tourists to a beach and back, keeping others at bay and ensuring no-one wanders off. Maybe tour guides with cattle dogs and stun guns? “What did you do on your vacation?” “I learnt to march!”

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Fanta said:

The desperation for the tourist dollar is palpable. And, of course, it’s another added cost. The proposed SHA Plus Manager will not work for free, transportation and the cost of supplying big sticks to keep the beach vendors away will need to be paid. And there’s the matter of responsibility that clouds this proposal. Who would want to take legal responsibility for herding tourists to a beach and back, keeping others at bay and ensuring no-one wanders off. Maybe tour guides with cattle dogs and stun guns? “What did you do on your vacation?” “I learnt to march!”

Absolutely, but it's notable that it's only "desperation" on the part of the TAT and immigration - even Phuket authorities aren't that desperate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

soon Thailand will open for all asymptomatic people in the world!

A patient stays at home and in his room, in his country of origin or in Thailand.

Make sure that the information of the travelers is assured on arrival, it is your responsibility not that of the consuls.

Spend 5 minutes a day in Patong and make examples especially with those who have elastics so loose that the mask falls off on its own... The nose should be covered, not just the mouth!

It's much easier to understand here than in Europe : the mask, it's always and everywhere.

Edited by vvdb.fr
Correction
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Absolutely, but it's notable that it's only "desperation" on the part of the TAT and immigration - even Phuket authorities aren't that desperate.

They at least were that desperate until quite recently with Bangla Nightlife a Mask Free Zone. But now less so with enforced bar closures last night at 9:30 pm ……. Down from 11pm….which measure has of course very little to do with Covid spread prevention……as punters just intensify early bar presence.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

They at least were that desperate until quite recently with Bangla Nightlife a Mask Free Zone. But now less so with enforced bar closures last night at 9:30 pm ……. Down from 11pm….which measure has of course very little to do with Covid spread prevention……as punters just intensify early bar presence.

Previously I'd only thought about the concentration around bar closing time, but I have to agree - all closing early will probably achieve is to make the bars more crowded as they're open for a shorter period, so you'll have the same numbers but all at the same time.

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 1,869

      News Forum - Ukraine’s Zelensky defies Russia’s ultimatum to lay down weapons

    2. 1

      Another Footie Game? Well, maybe . . . just a feeler.

    3. 1

      Another Footie Game? Well, maybe . . . just a feeler.

    4. 1,869

      News Forum - Ukraine’s Zelensky defies Russia’s ultimatum to lay down weapons

  • New Topics

  • Popular Now

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use