News Forum - Test & Go, then test again I GMT

Thaiger

Thailand resumes TEST & GO scheme, reopens Pattaya and Ko Chang Sandbox from 1 February 2022, but with new changes and amendments. A wildlife youtuber has discovered a new species of tarantula in Thailand and 20 baht bills in Thailand are getting a modern polymer update on March 24.

The story Test & Go, then test again I GMT as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

This new test and go is rubbish won’t be coming to thailand was coming February but this is Ridiculous especially if you test positive before you fly home happy holiday

If I read this correctly, they want you to test on arrival, get your hotel night booked till the results, then go ( if negative of course…. if positive ….😯).

Okay fair enough, buuut then !!

On day 5 test again !!

On days 2 thru 4 you can go about your business, but do you need to hang around the original location to take the 2nd test ?? ( if so then that’s a 5 day sandbox surely ? ). Or can you go home, or to your final holiday destination, to take the 5th day test locally.

Not clear .

But what is clear is it’s not “ Test and go reinstated “ it’s “ Test and go x 2 “.

Seems like every time they change any rules here they have to incorporate some extra ( unnecessary ) details and leave it far from satisfactorily clear to those who have to navigate the extra hurdles.

• Thanks 1

get a clue. The tourist related sectors or what's left of them, desperately want visitors back. What this regime wont come out and say is "we really dont want visitors and we'll keep you guessing and flip flopping the entry rules, until you just give up. It's working. Most holiday seekers have moved on to friendlier getaways anyway. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TSS said:

get a clue. The tourist related sectors or what's left of them, desperately want visitors back. What this regime wont come out and say is "we really dont want visitors and we'll keep you guessing and flip flopping the entry rules, until you just give up. It's working. Most holiday seekers have moved on to friendlier getaways anyway. 

How do you know? I've never seen a survey? Can you point me in the right direction for some well intentioned information? Thanks.

• Haha 1

a survey? Nope. But here's some recent well intentioned info. 

"Thailand’s Tourism and Sports Ministry has dusted off its calculator this morning and is predicting there will be at least 8 million tourists coming to Thailand this year. A few weeks ago they were predicting 10 – 5 million arrivals for 2022. Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn made the random prediction..."

blah, blah

I found a freakin' survey from 2 days ago. CNN TRAVEL:

Top 10 most popular destinations in the world

These are Tripadvisor's highest-rated, most-loved overall places for 2022:
1. Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2. London, United Kingdom
3. Cancún, Mexico
4. Bali, Indonesia
5. Crete, Greece
6. Rome, Italy
7. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
8. Istanbul, Turkey
9. Paris, France
10. Hurghada, Egypt

Poolie, you are quite welcome!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

How do you know? I've never seen a survey? Can you point me in the right direction for some well intentioned information? Thanks.

Good question - many would probably like to know where these "friendlier getaways" are too 😂

2 hours ago, TSS said:

3. Cancún, Mexico
4. Bali, Indonesia
5. Crete, Greece
6. Rome, Italy
8. Istanbul, Turkey
9. Paris, France
10. Hurghada, Egypt

They don't look particularly "friendly" - just open 😱

4 minutes ago, Stonker said:

They don't look particularly "friendly" - just open 😱

Mexico, again……why is this shithole cartel -run nightmare so popular with I suppose Americans?  Cheap Close Warm I get but the savage violent culture…. that’s a deal breaker for me….

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Mexico, again……why is this shithole cartel -run nightmare so popular with I suppose Americans?  Cheap Close Warm I get but the savage violent culture…. that’s a deal breaker for me….

Skinned humans hanging from underpasses anyone ? Human head bombs then ? Day of the Dead…. lovely…. Or ignore the culture from your fortified gated seaside towns ……Why is Cuba never mentioned if you must have Latin culture? 

4 hours ago, TSS said:

3. Cancún, Mexico
4. Bali, Indonesia
5. Crete, Greece
6. Rome, Italy
8. Istanbul, Turkey
9. Paris, France
10. Hurghada, Egypt

Favoured destinations  from those that took the survey. I think not a true cross section of travellers  from all nationalities0

4 hours ago, TSS said:

3. Cancún, Mexico
4. Bali, Indonesia
5. Crete, Greece
6. Rome, Italy
8. Istanbul, Turkey
9. Paris, France
10. Hurghada, Egypt

For 2022? We're in January.

4 hours ago, TSS said:

3. Cancún, Mexico
4. Bali, Indonesia
5. Crete, Greece
6. Rome, Italy
8. Istanbul, Turkey
9. Paris, France
10. Hurghada, Egypt

I'm sure I am, but where does it say that they've all changed their minds about coming to Thailand?

4 hours ago, TSS said:

a survey? Nope. But here's some recent well intentioned info. 

"Thailand’s Tourism and Sports Ministry has dusted off its calculator this morning and is predicting there will be at least 8 million tourists coming to Thailand this year. A few weeks ago they were predicting 10 – 5 million arrivals for 2022. Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn made the random prediction..."

blah, blah

That's not information. That's just repetition.

Yeah,  you guys are prolly correct. Thailand should definately shoot to the top five of the gotta-go destinations this year, now that the test & go version 2 is set to roll out Feb 1.  Eight million seems a low ball estimate. It was just a couple weeks ago when "The CCSA  confirmed that they definitely don’t intend to reinstate the Test & Go programme that allows vaccinated travellers to enter Thailand and only have to isolate for as long as it takes for their arrival RT-PCR test to confirm negative results."  Now that the CCSA has cleared that up, air & hotel bookings should start to skyrocket very soon. Exciting year ahead!

3 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

News Forum - Test & Go, then test again    …….

‘Both of you, ….. Welcome to Thailand 🤒🤒

Test & Go & Test.