Advice Needed Non-O Extension

I have been applying to obtain a further 1 year extension of stay from a Non O visa for retirement reasons and have been rejected for the 4th time at my provincial immigration office. It seems I have resolved and supplied the requested additional documents following the 3 attempts but now I am faced with an issue I can’t resolve. My previous extension was arranged by an agent and unknown to me, they obtained the extension in a province other than Bangkok where I was staying. I now stay in a different province and have been applying for the extension at the immigration office in this province. Today was my fourth attempt and rejection, I was made aware of this anomaly today and told it was unacceptable and no extension would be issued.
If there is a requirement that the extension must be issued in the province where I was living then it seems the agent has done the wrong thing by me. If so, is my previous extension invalid given I have the stamp in my passport and is it incumbent on the officers approving this extension to re-validate  the previous extension? 
It is fair to say I am way out of my depth on such complex issues and have no idea who to go to for advice. Engaging another agent doesn’t seem useful given that’s what created this issue. My days are quickly running down, I am very anxious and worried I may have to leave the country and my home here without any chance to sort things. If I have no options I would prefer to know now so I can focus on arrangements to leave rather than waste time on trying to stay. Any advice or direction would be much appreciated. Thanks

• Like 1

I am not certain but I would think you would be able to start over.  That is leave Thailand, re-enter apply for a 60 day extension, and then the 1 year extension.  Not a lot of fun and certainly some expense, but it might work. 

Another alternative might be to go back to Bangkok immigration and apply there.  You "might" have to establish some temporary residence in Bangkok in order to qualify to apply there.  

If it were me, I would consult with one of the law firms that does visa extensions not just an agency. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Timmy said:

I have been applying to obtain a further 1 year extension of stay from a Non O visa for retirement reasons and have been rejected for the 4th time at my provincial immigration office. It seems I have resolved and supplied the requested additional documents following the 3 attempts but now I am faced with an issue I can’t resolve. My previous extension was arranged by an agent and unknown to me, they obtained the extension in a province other than Bangkok where I was staying. I now stay in a different province and have been applying for the extension at the immigration office in this province. Today was my fourth attempt and rejection, I was made aware of this anomaly today and told it was unacceptable and no extension would be issued.

Hi Timmy,

You can only apply for an extension of stay at the Immigration office where your address is registered.
When you move to a different Province under a different Immigration office, you must file a TM30 at the new Immigration office to inform of a new residence, then they can create a local file.

Without filing this form, they simply won't deal with you.
This requirement is detailed in the Thai Immigration Act.
Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified. In case the house , dwelling place , or hotel where the alien has stayed under provision of Para.1 is located within the Bangkok area , such notification must be reported to the competent official at the Immigration Division.

In the previous 3 visits have they never mentioned the TM30?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Faz said:

Hi Timmy,

You can only apply for an extension of stay at the Immigration office where your address is registered.
When you move to a different Province under a different Immigration office, you must file a TM30 at the new Immigration office to inform of a new residence, then they can create a local file.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified. In case the house , dwelling place , or hotel where the alien has stayed under provision of Para.1 is located within the Bangkok area , such notification must be reported to the competent official at the Immigration Division.

Thanks for your reply. I should have made it more clear, when I moved here I did lodge TM30 and have done 90 day reports twice at this new office. I think I need a lawyer if anyone can recommend a good one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timmy said:

Thanks for your reply. I should have made it more clear, when I moved here I did lodge TM30 and have done 90 day reports twice at this new office. I think I need a lawyer if anyone can recommend a good one.

Then they must have given a reason for refusing a further extension.

Have you met the financial requirements for the previous 12 months?
What is your nationality?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Faz said:

you may have hit the nail on the head

15 hours ago, longwood50 said:

I am not certain but I would think you would be able to start over.  That is leave Thailand, re-enter apply for a 60 day extension, and then the 1 year extension.  Not a lot of fun and certainly some expense, but it might work. 

Another alternative might be to go back to Bangkok immigration and apply there.  You "might" have to establish some temporary residence in Bangkok in order to qualify to apply there.  

If it were me, I would consult with one of the law firms that does visa extensions not just an agency. 

using  your method  a fresh non immigrant o visa would be required, either on entry (90day given) or as a conversion to a tourist (60 day given on entry) or visa exempt entry (30 days given on entry) at a local immigration office (2,000thb), this application would require at least 14days left on the permission to stay stamp,

in the last 30 days of that 90 day permission to stay apply for a yearly extension (1,900thb)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2022 at 9:26 PM, Faz said:

Hi Timmy,

I did the TM30 when I moved here in September 2021 and 2 subsequent 90 day reports. Thanks for advice on address and province, it would be good if my previous Visa agent knew the rules as well as you do

On 1/21/2022 at 11:59 AM, Faz said:

What is your nationality?

Yes I have met the cash on deposit requirements.  Australian if it matters? I submitted bank statements for Oct’21-Jan’22  signed and stamped by bangkok bank. My third rejection was due to the need for bank statements from Jan’21 (a year ago) as they wanted to check I kept the funds in the account for 60or 90 days after the extension was granted. I was asked to obtain bank statements for the full year 2021 which takes 5-7 days to produce. I thought it would be a click on a key board .