Jump to content

News Forum - Thammanat Prompow, 21 MPs booted from Palang Pracharat


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

After a meeting of the executive members of the Palang Pracharat Party yesterday, a shocking 22 MPs including popular but controversial Secretary-General Thammanat Prompow who made headlines after details of an arrest and jail time in Australia came to light recently. Once a rockstar in the ruling party who called himself the main artery of the party, Thammanat was pushed out along with every member considered loyal to him. The media is reporting that the decision was based on in-fighting with other prominent party members and internal political conflict. The drama within the party may serve to further previous rumours […]

The story Thammanat Prompow, 21 MPs booted from Palang Pracharat as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No loss. Another mafia sub-boss publicly shamed.....but of course will retain all of their covert luster. 

Politic Thai.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would be nice if they all cancel themselves out and leave thailand to the new kids and generation for their future. None of these people are honest. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A quite bad article from thaiger and no mention that the government loose seats and much more mps and former mps on 2 parties and none of them will nominate Prayut

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ex-pprp-execs-launch-new-party-vow-not-to-nominate-prayut-for-another-premier-term/

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ruling-palang-pracharat-party-sacks-thammanat-prompao-21-other-dissident-mps/

 

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/deputy-pprp-leader-paiboon-nititawan-says-ouster-of-thammanat-dissident-mps-necessary/

 

Not even the state news outlet leave this point unspoken. And as we could watch in the Thai tv much more fraction left the ruling government party and Prayut . And they loosing seats niw including the loss in of the last south election.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Would be nice if they all cancel themselves out and leave thailand to the new kids and generation for their future. None of these people are honest. 

And being young makes you incorruptible? 

Or it makes you weak, politically naive, and easier to manage? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Vince said:

And being young makes you incorruptible? 

Or it makes you weak, politically naive, and easier to manage? 

The people who have youngsters here and people who understand Thai understand what he is talking. And there is a clear yes the young generation are more wise, more developed, more knowledge, more informed because they have more information over the internet, more aware about corruption and the problems in Thailand, etc.. Thats a fact in Thailand and sad how far behind the elder generation in Thailand this should not be like that. You cannot take your experience or the western mindset for Thailand you have to understand the history and circumstances of Thailand to understand what Holy cow is talking about and sure people who raise children in Thailand are more aware of that.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stardust said:

The people who have youngsters here and people who understand Thai understand what he is talking. And there is a clear yes the young generation are more wise, more developed, more knowledge, more informed because they have more information over the internet, more aware about corruption and the problems in Thailand, etc.. Thats a fact in Thailand and sad how far behind the elder generation in Thailand this should not be like that. You cannot take your experience or the western mindset for Thailand you have to understand the history and circumstances of Thailand to understand what Holy cow is talking about and sure people who raise children in Thailand are more aware of that.

I am sure you are right. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Vince said:

And being young makes you incorruptible? 

Or it makes you weak, politically naive, and easier to manage? 

 

Look at all the dictators and regimes who hold on to power and only control for 3 -4 things: personal wealth, power, control of the people, and all the country's assets. The world would be a far better place without these elite snob military bullies. And your point? So you want to automatically keep over running and keep putting down the young Thai generation and keep things the way they are? Do you have kids here in Thailand? Any sort of a family here? Are you saying the younger new Thai generation are not smart enough, knowledgeable enough, wise enough, informed enough to change things and do it above board and make here a better place as these power grab dinosaur relics are the only ones who are qualified even though massively corrupt to the gills?

Well, if judging by my own kids (1 graduated University and 2 are in now) and their friends and so too many other Thai that I know with their children, the country would be in a far better place and shape with them at the helm finding their way. Even if they did make some mistakes along the way, which is inevitable, it would be a far better place for all of the people including foreingers. The Thai younger generation are far more selfless and aware for their world than that of I would say the western world's younger cancel out being awoke culture and they know where they are at and who is controlling things. 

So from my perspective, your reply I will just overlook and hope you are just writing to poke a fire or coals somewhere and you don't really mean it.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Stardust said:

The people who have youngsters here and people who understand Thai understand what he is talking. And there is a clear yes the young generation are more wise, more developed, more knowledge, more informed because they have more information over the internet, more aware about corruption and the problems in Thailand, etc.. Thats a fact in Thailand and sad how far behind the elder generation in Thailand this should not be like that. You cannot take your experience or the western mindset for Thailand you have to understand the history and circumstances of Thailand to understand what Holy cow is talking about and sure people who raise children in Thailand are more aware of that.

Yep and thank you for that reply.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HolyCowCm said:

Look at all the dictators and regimes who hold on to power and only control for 3 -4 things: personal wealth, power, control of the people, and all the country's assets. The world would be a far better place without these elite snob military bullies. And your point? So you want to automatically keep over running and keep putting down the young Thai generation and keep things the way they are? Do you have kids here in Thailand? Any sort of a family here? Are you saying the younger new Thai generation are not smart enough, knowledgeable enough, wise enough, informed enough to change things and do it above board and make here a better place as these power grab dinosaur relics are the only ones who are qualified even though massively corrupt to the gills?

Well, if judging by my own kids (1 graduated University and 2 are in now) and their friends and so too many other Thai that I know with their children, the country would be in a far better place and shape with them at the helm finding their way. Even if they did make some mistakes along the way, which is inevitable, it would be a far better place for all of the people including foreingers. The Thai younger generation are far more selfless and aware for their world than that of I would say the western world's younger cancel out being awoke culture and they know where they are at and who is controlling things. 

So from my perspective, your reply I will just overlook and hope you are just writing to poke a fire or coals somewhere and you don't really mean it.

You read way more into my comment than I intended. 

The youth are our future. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Vince said:

You read way more into my comment than I intended. 

The youth are our future. 

OK, sorry for my read into it too far reply and perhaps I need another cup of coffee. Would love to write about what I hear from my kids and Thai but not a good idea, but it is their world and their future they need to tend to. So just mentioning the Australia powder guy who rose to Regime fame and power here is all they need to say: See what we mean! Let's see what happens to Joe Ferrari.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

OK, sorry for my read into it oo far reply and perhaps I need another cup of coffee. Would love to write about what I hear from my kids and Thai but not a good idea, but it is their world and their future they need to tend to. So just mentioning the Australia powder guy who rose to Regime fame and power here is all they need to say: See what we mean! Let's see what happens to Joe Ferrari.

As I've said in other posts it's easy to come to quick conclusions about who is right or wrong. That's all. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Vince said:

As I've said in other posts it's easy to come to quick conclusions about who is right or wrong. That's all. 

No conclusion on my part for where I stand on Thailand matters with my family and who in the Thai society is right or wrong. But for reading something or a psot a different way from how it was written and intended is easy to do. This is why for professional emails and communications I go back and re-read what I wrote as things can spiral the other way quickly if taken an opposite way. For TT, I try to stay open minded and easy going. Cheers!

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Vince said:

So about 20+ some years for that to filter over to Thailand? 

News has been known here for years, believe they even had a court case regarding his eligibilty to be an MP, with the result being along the lines , It happened in another country so is irrelevant to thai law.

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thammanat has already put out a statement online, joking about which party he should join next

He just has to clear it with Pnut first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, palooka said:

News has been known here for years, believe they even had a court case regarding his eligibilty to be an MP, with the result being along the lines , It happened in another country so is irrelevant to thai law.

That makes sense. The article was written as if it was recently discovered. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Vince said:

I am sure you are right. 

It should not be like that and for sure the elderly should be the wiser ones but what we seen and heard was the opposite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use