News Forum - Facebook mistakenly banning ok content a growing problem

Thaiger

Language and expression have nuances, subtleties, and variety in meaning, both explicitly and implicitly stated. The problem is, Facebook often times does not. Society is facing an increasingly conspicuous problem of Facebook and other social media platforms using algorithms to block prohibited content while lacking any useful channels to rectify mistakes. Many people have experienced getting muted or banned temporarily or permanently from a social media platform without having any idea of what they did wrong, or for violations of the terms of service that don’t actually violate any terms. And when a social media platform has grown so large […]

The story Facebook mistakenly banning ok content a growing problem as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Personally, I believe Facebook is breaching the policy that gives it protection from lawsuits.  Supposedly they are not "creating content" but merely a vehicle that allows public discussion.  Well by blocking, or banning, certain content it finds false it is censoring.  Posts that the FB people agree with do not get blocked to the same degree as positions it disagrees with.  

I have even had it where I have a post blocked that is a repost of something I found on FB and received a suspension for it.  

Facebook should have a code of decency to not allow indecent material to be posted.  However when it starts to embark on "fact checking" well it all depends on who is the "fact checker"  

• Like 2

Author should take note of the very first sentence. I assume this article is a mixture of cut and paste with some original content inserted by the author.  The "we removed buy algorithms" has the author's fingerprints all over it. Shoddy.

• Like 1