News Forum - Alcohol sales at restaurants in approved provinces will be allowed until 11pm

Thaiger

Alcohol sales at restaurants in approved provinces will be allowed until 11pm starting January 24. Under Thailand’s colour-coded zoning with corresponding disease control measures, alcohol sales at restaurants until 11pm will be allowed in “yellow” zones under high surveillance and “blue” zones which are approved for pilot tourism programmes. In 44 provinces classified as “orange” zones, alcohol sales at restaurants are still prohibited. Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration approved the new cutoff hour, as well as a revision to the zoning, reclassifying 25 provinces as “yellow,” at its general meeting today chaired by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha. The CCSA  had […]

The story Alcohol sales at restaurants in approved provinces will be allowed until 11pm as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Cool 1

Just now, AlexPTY said:

Omg, I guess pandemic is over 

No but people are tired of being told to cower in the corner after two years of lockdown and a year of vaccine drives.

• Cool 1

Terrible idea. They should be banning alcohol sales completely, or if not completely, ban all foreigners consuming alcohol.

That's the only way to stop this deadly virus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Terrible idea. They should be banning alcohol sales completely, or if not completely, ban all foreigners consuming alcohol.

Very, very...very funny!!

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

I still think it sounds like something out of "flying high" The yellow zone is for loading and unloading of alcohol only....there is no loading or unloading of alcohol in the orange zone. No...the orange zone is for loading and unloading of alcohol. There is no loading or unloading of alcohol in the yellow zone..... 

all I know is, that since this pandemic began, for the first time in my life, my hands have had more alcohol than I have!!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Just ban foreigners, kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

• Cool 1

7 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

drinker.jpeg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Absolutely correct. Studies show only foreigners spread COVID-19 and the consumption of even 1ml of alcohol makes them a zillion times more contagious. 

The only way to manage the farang problem is to make sure they pay higher prices for everything. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, huhuarf said:

No but people are tired of being told to cower in the corner after two years of lockdown and a year of vaccine drives.

Sounds like half the places are ignoring the rules anyways.

• Haha 1