News Forum - Test & Go registration back on, travellers can apply for entry starting February 1

Thaiger

Travellers will now need to book a stay at an approved hotel on their fifth day in Thailand for their second RT-PCR test.

The requirement to stay at an approved hotel on the fifth day is going to turn off a lot of potential tourists.  Staying the 1st night in approved hotels most tourist can deal with, but having to do it again on the 5th day is going just isn't going to be agreeable to many...end result a lot of tourists will not come to Thailand due to this 5th day requirement.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 8:32 AM, Faz said:

Unfortunately you'll have to meet the requirements in order to apply for the Thailand Pass.
Two night hotel booking and two PCR tests.

Just heard back from the TAT. They said as long as my arriving and departing flight is under 5 days, and I'm not still in country on day 5 they will issue me a Thailand pass without the 5th day being confirmed.  They said it has to be shown that I will be leaving before the 5th day, so I'm good to go. Just like the last test and go. Can stay up to 4days, just make sure your flying out before the 5th day.

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, L-Dogg said:

Just heard back from the TAT. They said as long as my arriving and departing flight is under 5 days, and I'm not still in country on day 5 they will issue me a Thailand pass without the 5th day being confirmed.  They said it has to be shown that I will be leaving before the 5th day, so I'm good to go. Just like the last test and go. Can stay up to 4days, just make sure your flying out before the 5th day.

TAT don't issue the TP, sure you don't mean the MFA.

opening un on 1 Feb, but the website for Thailand Pass requires to specify your SHA+ hotel reservation and it only allows to select for Surat Thani province, so unless you are going to Phuket no way to complete your Thailand Pass application :-0

On 1/21/2022 at 7:22 PM, Rangers said:

Test and go won't last long, restrictions will be gone very soon. Good times are coming 😉

Good to stay positive. It would help if the continue restriction on places of know high transmission risks, like bars and entertainment places. That would help opening sooner.

• Like 1