News Forum - Test & Go registration back on, travellers can apply for entry starting February 1

Thaiger

20 minutes ago, Rain said:

And I'm gonna guess

Spot on! Only way to work out what the powers that be are planning for the future!

• Cool 1

Looking at the huge costs that have been charged to people who have been symptom free (and hence no insurance payout) but tested positive and dragged off to a hospital/hotel for x number of days, very unfortunately it just seems too risky now.  For the first 5 days you would not be able to relax or really do anything at all, even if you are quadruple vaxxed, got the mildest dose with no symptoms, if you test positive that is the end of your holiday and massive costs to be incurred.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, YannRio said:

The article does not mention travel insurance requirement, is it still mandatory???

Hi, @YannRioand welcome to Thaiger Talk!

Whilst being unable to offer a definitive answer to your ins. Q, try Googling Thailand's TAT website which lists the various conditions and requirements for entry.

Otherwise, a mention of @Faz, the TT resident expert on such matters may come galloping to your aid.

Happy posting!

KC

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, YannRio said:

So, If Test and go is opened for all countries, why is there still the Sandbox program?????? What's the difference????

Nothing official, but I'm guessing they'll temporarily shelve the sandbox projects or continue to use them in some other manner - 

19 minutes ago, jaymi said:

Looking at the huge costs that have been charged to people who have been symptom free (and hence no insurance payout) but tested positive and dragged off to a hospital/hotel for x number of days, very unfortunately it just seems too risky now.  For the first 5 days you would not be able to relax or really do anything at all, even if you are quadruple vaxxed, got the mildest dose with no symptoms, if you test positive that is the end of your holiday and massive costs to be incurred.

Yes, @jaymi . . . so many reasons for not visiting TH until all the Covid dust has settled. Too many 'hidden' costs and snags that may well ruin a visit. A wonderful country when things are 'going right', though!

Your debut post, too, so thanks for that and welcome to Thaiger Talk!

Cheers!

KC

• Like 1

Under test&go you are free to travel and walk around on days 2, 3 and 4, but on day 5 you have to stay room until you get the test result? 

How crazy is that?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TomSabai said:

The third PCR test (2nd in Thailand) is the show stopper. It means you cant be releaxed until 5th day of your holiday.

Excellent Point! Now four test opportunities to come up positive and ruin your "holiday"

Test before allowed on the plane

Test on arrival

Test on the fifth day

Test before you can leave. 

1 hour ago, YannRio said:

So, If Test and go is opened for all countries, why is there still the Sandbox program?????? What's the difference????

The locations that remain 'sandbox' will use that scheme and not the test and go. Looks like Test and Go will be primarily for Bangkok. If you want to travel to the island destinations directly, then you will follow the current sandbox model. 

Given the very short incubation time of Omicron and the substantial number of cases in places like Bangkok, the day 5 test poses a considerable risk of ruining someone's holiday. I know a good number of people that picked it up between the day 1 and day 5 test over the new year period in Bangkok.

The CCSA would be well advised to make the day 5 test a day 3 test if they remain insistent on a second PCR, as this would catch the vast majority of imported cases. Currently the day 5 test seems to be catching predominantly locally acquired cases. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jaymi said:

From the posting, it says that you will need comprehensive insurance to cover all instances

Which, to me, reads as whatever insurance is required to buy, that will include covering hotel quarantine

Albeit at a higher premium than before 

That is just how I felt it read 

20 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Albeit at a higher premium than before

There maybe other policies available now yes, but typically travel health insurance would not cover an enforced particular hotel stay that involved no sickness or treatment.  You would need to be very very careful with the policy chosen to make sure it covered being assigned to a hotel outside of your control that involved no sickness or treatment.  You can actually continue to test positive for up to 90 days after "recovering" from covid, so again, what if after ten days quarantine you still test positive in that 5 star 12,000 baht a night hotel?  Again you would need to make sure this was explicitly covered.

Lots of speculation and questions. 
This may answer some.
UPDATED! TEST & GO scheme resumed from 1 February 2022 - TAT Newsroom

From 1 February, 2022, fully vaccinated travellers from any country around the world can apply for a TEST & GO Thailand Pass 60 days in advance.

Eligible travellers
• Thai citizens.
• Foreign travellers, including but not limited to diplomats, guests of the government, Thai work permit holders, students and their family, and patients seeking medical treatment.

Eligible countries
 All countries/territories.

Pre-Arrival Requirements

All travellers must have the following documents for entering Thailand:

1. A Thailand Pass, which can be applied via https://tp.consular.go.th/. *The system will reopen for new TEST & GO applications from 1 February, 2022 (09.00 Hrs. Thailand Time)
  2. A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before travelling.
    • Travellers under 6 years of age, travelling with parents with a negative RT-PCR test result within 72 hours before travelling, are not required to have a pre-arrival negative RT-PCR test result and can have a saliva test when entering the Kingdom.
    • For arrivals by water, everyone on board the vessels must have a medical certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected within the officially specified time frame. Anyone on aboard with a history of COVID-19 infection within a period between 14-90 days must have a medical certificate of recovery.
  3. An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000.
    • Thais and foreign expatriates under Thailand’s national healthcare coverage are exempt from this requirement.
  4. A proof of prepayment for 2 separate nights of accommodation at government-approved hotel/s, such as, SHA Extra Plus (SHA++), AQ, OQ, or AHQ on Day 1 and Day 5, and the expenses for 2 RT-PCR tests on Day 1 and Day 5. The prepayment for Day 1 must include an accommodation, a test and a prearranged transfer from the airport to the hotel. *Travellers can book 2 different hotels for the accommodation on Day 1 and Day 5. However, on both Day 1 and Day 5, they must stay within the room for the RT-PCR test result.
  5. A Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination/Recovery
    • Everyone 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling to Thailand.
    • Travellers 12-17 years of age travelling to Thailand unaccompanied must get vaccinated with at least 1 dose of an approved vaccine. Those travelling with parents are exempt from this requirement.
    • Travellers 6-11 years of age, travelling with parents, are exempt from this requirement.
    • For arrivals by water, everyone on board must be fully vaccinated. This is except for travellers under 18 years of age, travelling with parents or guardians.
    • Travellers with a history of COVID-19 infection who have recovered by medical treatment, and travellers who have received at least 1 dose of an approved vaccine after post-infection must have a certificate of COVID-19 recovery.

All travellers must undergo ‘exit screening’ at the point of departure, i.e., at the airline check-in counter and present the required documents to the person-in-charge to carry out the checks.

On-Arrival Requirements / During the Stay

1. All travellers must undergo ‘entry screening’, including body temperature check at the point of entry.
  2. Present the required documents to the Immigration/Health Control officer to carry out the checks, then proceed through the Immigration procedures.
  3. Proceed to the prearranged accommodation or medical facility to undergo the first RT-PCR test. The trip must be by a prearranged vehicle on a sealed route. Then, all travellers must wait for the test result within the hotel only. Travellers under 6 years of age, travelling with parents, can have a saliva test.
    • If testing negative for COVID-19, travellers are free to go anywhere in Thailand. However, they must stay at their prepaid accommodation on Day 5 and undergo their second COVID-19 test using the RT-PCR technique (they must stay within the room for the RT-PCR test result.) The second test can also be taken when the travellers experience respiratory symptoms.
    • Travellers whose test result returns as positive will be referred for appropriate medical treatment in accordance with Thailand’s Communicable Diseases Act B.E. 2558 (2015). The expenses must be covered by the required insurance for foreign travellers, or national healthcare coverage for Thais and eligible foreign expatriates.
      • Pending on their conditions, they may be medically advised to receive treatment in either hospital hotel isolation or community isolation.
      • During receiving the medical treatment – at least 10 days, they must remain in their accommodation only. They should not leave their accommodation unless utmost necessary, and must notify the Communicable Disease Control officer in-charge.
      • After having recovered from COVID-19, they will receive a medical certificate of recovery.
  4. While in Thailand, travellers are advised to strictly follow standard, good personal hygiene practices; such as, wear a mask in public, maintain hand hygiene (washing with soap and water or using hand sanitizer), and keep physical distance of at least 1 metre from others.
    • Travellers who are experiencing COVID-like symptoms should get tested. If testing positive they must get an appropriate medical treatment. Those with COVID-19 testing appointment must get tested.
  5. All travellers must download and install the MorChana application, and set it on at all times for the COVID-19 precautionary measures and to record the result on Day 5-6 in the application.

Meanwhile, travellers who have applied/obtained their Thailand Pass QR code before 22 December, 2021, with scheduled arrival dates in Thailand from 24 December, 2021, onwards, are still required to undergo their second COVID-19 test using the RT-PCR technique at government-designated facilities on Day 5-6 of their stay in Thailand, or when they experience respiratory symptoms (no additional cost).

Guidelines for Domestic/International Departure

For domestic departure, travellers must show proof that they have received a negative result for their RT-PCR test.

For international departure, it is the responsibility of travellers or their organisations to make sure that the travellers meet the requirements of their specific international destination regardless of the point of departure.

• Thanks 2

I m trying to register to test & go but no way 

Some sites say it will open for registration only on February 1st 

nonetheless here its been said once it will be published on the royal gasette.

Real confusing as I want to arrive on the 1st.

Any idea ??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King Cotton said:

A wonderful country when things are 'going right', though

Yes totally agree and I am of course disappointed, I had a flight booked for January, had to move it because of the suspension of 'test & go' and now, temporarily I have moved it to April.  Omicron has a high reinfection risk, even though it could be a tiny dose, and you have zero symptoms and will be totally fine, you could still test positive unfortunately...

• Like 2

1. A Thailand Pass, which can be applied via https://tp.consular.go.th/. *The system will reopen for new TEST & GO applications from 1 February, 2022 (09.00 Hrs. Thailand Time)
  2. IF that true then one have to wait for the Thailand pass how long when should i buy flying ticket and all other docs.??
  3. what a mess
  4. do they realy want us to come ?

• Like 1

My issue is I fly into and out of Thailand for only 2-3 days at a time for business. Did it 3 times during the last test and go period with no issues with the 1 test on arrival. What if I'm not going to be there for 5 days, I'll be gone on a flight home within 3 days after I arrive, so how would I do the second test. I'm sure they will still make me pay for it, and just pocket the money.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, L-Dogg said:

My issue is I fly into and out of Thailand for only 2-3 days at a time for business. Did it 3 times during the last test and go period with no issues with the 1 test on arrival. What if I'm not going to be there for 5 days, I'll be gone on a flight home within 3 days after I arrive, so how would I do the second test. I'm sure they will still make me pay for it, and just pocket the money.

Unfortunately you'll have to meet the requirements in order to apply for the Thailand Pass.
Two night hotel booking and two PCR tests.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TomSabai said:

The third PCR test (2nd in Thailand) is the show stopper. It means you cant be releaxed until 5th day of your holiday.

Absolutely, that means you will not have a peace of mind to roam around between Day 2-Day 4, can't go through the crowd where bunch of unvaccinated locals/farangs too that can spread COVID-19 to you.

• Like 1

Hello Thaigers!

Excellent news about the reintroduction of the 1-day Test-and-Go.  This will certainly boost traveller confidence.

BUT, and there is a real concern for those of us married to Thais, and who own houses in Thailand.  Day 5 registration at a hotel is insane - so I must book a hotel minutes away from my home….just to have a PCR test?  On top of that, I also have to book the two expensive PCR tests (Day 1 and Day 5) in order to get the Thailand Pass.

This sounds a lot like a money making racket to me, especially when expats are visiting Thai family.  The Day 5 test could tell you that a person had been infected in Thailand, what is the value in that?  It would encourage me to avoid public places for the first 5 days.

They haven’t thought this through, but I am grateful for at least a 1-day Test-and-Go to get into the country to be with my family.

• Like 1

If I am coming from the US, I will likely be taking two flights. The first flight will be 13 hours before connecting on a 5 hour flight to Thailand. How does the Thai government find out if the person I sat next to for 13 hours is Covid positive? Please don't tell me they only care about the passenger from the 5 hour flight?!? 

• Like 1