News Forum - Test & Go registration back on, travellers can apply for entry starting February 1

Thaiger

Test & Go is back on, and vaccinated travellers will be able to register for (almost) quarantine-free entry to Thailand starting February 1. There have been slight revisions to the rules, now requiring travellers to have proof of their hotel booking on the first and fifth day of their stay in Thailand when they undergo RT-PCR tests. At its general meeting chaired by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration agreed to reopen registration for the entry scheme. The measure needs to be published in the Royal Gazette to be made official. Entry under Test & Go is […]

The story Test & Go registration back on, travellers can apply for entry starting February 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Cool 1

Still more questionmarks than before.

Is SHA+ correct? Is really no SHA ++ required for the second PCR test?

Then, I can' just book a PCR test, but I have to book a hotel on the 5th night, but don't have to stay there over night?

Is that really correct? O.o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Test & Go is back on, and vaccinated travellers will be able to register for (almost) quarantine-free entry to Thailand starting February 1.

And like before ….

Test & Go is back off, and vaccinated travellers will be not be able to register for (almost) quarantine-free entry to Thailand starting February 2.

• Like 2

It's a start. Wonder if they'll make Thai people do the 5th night in a hotel too. 

What is the point of the 5th night in a hotel exactly?

The test can be performed anywhere. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

What is the point of the 5th night in a hotel exactly?

The test can be performed anywhere. 

So they can catch the tourists, that may do the runner.

• Like 2

This will not encourage people to visit Thailand. Potential tourists are sick of the constant change and confusion & tour operators would rather deal with countries that can deliver consistent policies. All my EU friends had their plans to spend months here ruined by the sudden cancellation and have gone to other destinations for their 4 months of sun. So any predictions by TAT et al are even less believable than before because they fail to factor in how pi**ed off market is. And a failure to ease all the fanatical restrictions on restaurants, bars etc will be the final nail in the coffin.

• Like 5

So, Pattaya is included in the SandBox beginning Feb 1st, Hmm, let me think about that. Hope this won't be flip-flopping again or a trick. I believe when it happens to see if there not anymore cases or surges.

• Like 1

So it's actually better to register for the Phuket sandbox today if you're planning to stay in Phuket.

As far as I understood the second pcr on the current system was going to be picked up by the government whereas the new test and go requires the traveler to pay for both...

17 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

So they can catch the tourists, that may do the runner.

So what about Thais?

Just fine and punish any people that do a runner.

Think they'll struggle to get people to agree to stay in their rooms after the second test for the whole night or whatever. They gonna have security on every exit??

7 minutes ago, Jayce said:

So it's actually better to register for the Phuket sandbox today if you're planning to stay in Phuket.

As far as I understood the second pcr on the current system was going to be picked up by the government whereas the new test and go requires the traveler to pay for both...

Good point!! I'm only going to stay in Phuket, so Sandbox would be better. I also don't know when this will change again. If it does, test and Go will be the first thing to be scrapped, so I think I'll stick with the sandbox.

• Like 1

That’s right I heard the 2nd PCR test was to be picked up by the Government. When my wife entered under the Phuket sandbox last week we paid 4200 bhat for the first test and they didn’t charge us for the second test, ha ha

I would advise everyone to do your homework when filing for the Thailand pass because as far as I can tell the 24 hour Thailand pass “Hotline” is worthless. I made two calls to Thailand totaling an hour and 40 minutes on hold and neither agent could answer even the most basic questions.

17 minutes ago, TomSabai said:

The third PCR test (2nd in Thailand) is the show stopper. It means you cant be releaxed until 5th day of your holiday.

Dont forget the last test before your flight home. That's 4 tests 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Nothing to stress out about on vacation right??

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My first test is in Bangkok and then I fly to Udon Thani Then my wife has to drive 80 k’s to pick me up to take me back to house then on day five I have to come back to Udon Thani forone night in a hotel and get the other test this seems like a lot of tests I forgot one test on the way home another test so it should be called tests and go

53 minutes ago, fak119 said:

What about those travellers that want to stay in private houses?

You have to stay the first and fifth night in a SHA+ hotel. The rest of your stay is up to you.

2 hours ago, TomSabai said:

The third PCR test (2nd in Thailand) is the show stopper. It means you cant be releaxed until 5th day of your holiday.

Amd then test positive on the 5th day and enter covid purgatory... Might as well do a 7 day ASQ at least them you can run completely free.

1 hour ago, gundam0315 said:

Dont forget the last test before your flight home. That's 4 tests 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Nothing to stress out about on vacation right??

Not to mention the real risk of getting your flight cancelled and getting hit with immigration fines and an overstay record. Worry free 🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Markupilami said:

Still more questionmarks than before.

Is SHA+ correct? Is really no SHA ++ required for the second PCR test?

Then, I can' just book a PCR test, but I have to book a hotel on the 5th night, but don't have to stay there over night?

Is that really correct? O.o

I also dont understand this. I booked and payed for SHA+ for Sandbox, then I read it has to be SHA++. Im confused because on different OFFICIAL websites are different informations and Im not able to get proper final answer because polish Thai Embassy is not responding, no taking calls, cannot go there even. I have only 13 days to arrive and im really stressed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

And like before ….

Test & Go is back off, and vaccinated travellers will be not be able to register for (almost) quarantine-free entry to Thailand starting February 2.

And I'm gonna guess that the process/protocol will be the same as the original TP/T&G. 

Nothing has changed or been revised since the brief suspension.

Kind of makes sense not to muck with it when bringing it back into practice.