News Forum - Those who don’t report positive ATK results can face penalties – DDC director

Thaiger

Seems badly worded to me and could be misinterpreted :-  Does this mean if I test negative ATK result I can face penalties for not reporting positive?

2 hours ago, jaymi said:

..Omicron in Thailand will cause far less deaths than motoring this year, should we stop people driving?

If you look at the most recent figures for road deaths in Thailand, not the oft quoted ones from ten years ago, there were twice as many deaths from Covid last year as deaths in RTA's.

... and why "stop people driving" - Covid is a respiratory virus, so the equivalent would be to stop people breathing, which as far as I know hasn't been suggested.

It's a pretty simple choice - you can either keep a few restrictions in place such as mask wearing and social distancing until people have had the opportunity to be vaccinated sufficiently, which is a minor inconvenience to all but will save deaths and illness for many, or you can remove those restrictions and let those people suffer and die while you're able to live the life you want.

I prefer the former and so do all the Thais I know and all those I see.

You prefer the latter. Up to you, but at least have the courage to say so rather than trying to find an excuse for it.

2 hours ago, SkipsPa said:

Seems badly worded to me and could be misinterpreted :-  Does this mean if I test negative ATK result I can face penalties for not reporting positive?

Today I went to the private hospital up here for a full general exam ! Urine,blood, xrays ,ultrasound of the colon  and Doctor consult.

I inquired if I must take a covid test ! Originally they said only if I was to stay overnight!

Come to find out they said I had to take one if I wanted ultrasound test on my lower body! I declined!

I thought if my the test  came back positive , I wouldn’t be leaving that hospital until it became negative and the cost of quarantine 

I wasn’t sure if they initially did the atq or the more reliable pcr,in any event, I accomplished everything I set out to do minus the ultrasound !

24 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Up to you, but at least have the courage to say so rather than trying to find an excuse for it.

I am triple jabbed, always wear a mask and am cautious to others in indoor spaces, I doubt of course I am as virtuous as yourself, but I have followed the restrictions carefully.

26 minutes ago, Stonker said:

If you look at the most recent figures for road deaths in Thailand, not the oft quoted ones from ten years ago, there were twice as many deaths from Covid last year as deaths in RTA's.

I mentioned Omicron, which is the dominant strain now as that is what is being dealt with now.  I raised no objections to previous lockdowns etc.

27 minutes ago, Stonker said:

It's a pretty simple choice - you can either keep a few restrictions in place such as mask wearing and social distancing until people have had the opportunity to be vaccinated sufficiently

That is a pretty good statement, but the goal posts around 'vaccinated sufficiently' have been getting difficult to define and it is now becoming clear, with even a 4th dose being liable to wane, that at some point things will need to open up again even though not all will be as protected as would be ideal.

To be honest I am not sure that we disagree on as much as you maybe think we do, this is all a sliding scale of lifting restrictions vs risk, and we may or may not be in a slightly different position on that scale in terms of our opinions, but I doubt we are a mile apart.