News Forum - Those who don’t report positive ATK results can face penalties – DDC director

Thaiger

Has your at-home Covid-19 test come out positive? If so, report the results to government health officials. Those who do not report their result can face charges. Speaking at a press conference, the director-general of the Department of Disease Control, Opas Karnkawinpong, warned that anyone who finds themselves infected with Covid-19 by using the ATK test and keeps it a secret will be prosecuted. Those who test positive in an ATK test are advised to confirm their result with an RT-PCR test administered by a healthcare worker and contact the hotline 1330 to report their infection. He also urged people […]

The story Those who don’t report positive ATK results can face penalties – DDC director as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, Thaiger said:

Has your at-home Covid-19 test come out positive? If so, report the results to government health officials. Those who do not report their result can face charges. Speaking at a press conference, the director-general of the Department of Disease Control, Opas Karnkawinpong, warned that anyone who finds themselves infected with Covid-19 by using the ATK test and keeps it a secret will be prosecuted. Those who test positive in an ATK test are advised to confirm their result with an RT-PCR test administered by a healthcare worker and contact the hotline 1330 to report their infection. He also urged people […]

The story Those who don’t report positive ATK results can face penalties – DDC director as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

A good reason not to test? 

You won't break the law in not reporting yourself. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Another chicken little piece of s***, all he does is threat its own people & farangs, he needs to help fight COVID-19 and Omicron variant instead of being panicked & ruining everybody livelihood.

• Like 1

So what ever happened to those government guys at several different venues who spread the CCP love around? Why does this guy feel the need to threaten when the system they say isn't broke is.

28 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

How will anyone know.... its kept secret.... his very words! Why on earth would anyone who tests positive at home be worried about this? Just keep "shhh-tumb"

There's no way would I would be following my little tootsies to the nearest health clinic!! 

Beat me too it.

If anyone "...finds themselves infected with Covid-19 by using the ATK test and keeps it a secret...", how could they "...be prosecuted"?

Unless...

New Variant.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 2

What a sanctimonious tyrant!! Will we get arrested if we do not report any other diseases we may catch such as the flu? So they want to jail and fine people for being sick? 

My health is nobody's business but my own. And I will only get a test if I have symptoms and decide that I need to be tested.

And I sure as hell will not be forced to test anywhere if a false positive will confine me to covid jail.

These power hungry idiots in the CSAA should all be forced into a quarantine for fools.

Edited by Nat
word
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

7 minutes ago, Nat said:

My health is nobody's business but my own.

Unless it has the potential to affect others. Some people will choose to ignore a positive Covid test, for their own reasons or ignorance, and consequently further the spread of Covid. Your co-worker infects you who in turn infects your grandma who dies. You later find out the co-worker came to work despite being Covid positive and one of your questions would be “Why didn’t he tell us?” Would you accept “because it’s none of your business” as an adequate answer? Like it or not, Covid negatively impacts people and minimizing that impact is a priority for many. 

• Like 3

Have escaped both covid and covid testing for nigh on 2 years now, and will continue to do so with luck.

Some of the accounts both here and in my old home, Cambodia, of the treatment of random positives is enough to make you stay quiet.

I also read some people stocking up on home tests. What is that about?

Edited by Saltire
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Unless it has the potential to affect others. Some people will choose to ignore a positive Covid test, for their own reasons or ignorance, and consequently further the spread of Covid. Your co-worker infects you who in turn infects your grandma who dies. You later find out the co-worker came to work despite being Covid positive and one of your questions would be “Why didn’t he tell us?” Would you accept “because it’s none of your business” as an adequate answer? Like it or not, Covid negatively impacts people and minimizing that impact is a priority for many. 

Very, very fair - while I think that threatening people's a pretty dumb idea, at least it's not as dumb as the idea that if you knowingly spread Covid around that's nobody else's business.

7 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Oh so does that also apply for deadly flu or many other infectious diseases that have "the potential to affect others"? Life is not free of risk.

A few years back I caught a very bad case of the flu and felt I was going to die. Was I questioning how I got it or who from? - No - I was focused on treating myself and recovering to get better.

There are an unlimited number of things that can negatively affect others. So you can either live in a totalitarian society such as North Korea or China where you have minimal privacy and have every aspect of your health regulated or live in a free and respectful society where there is such a thing as risk but also freedom.

You cannot control the spread of a virus like you can (or in your case - want) to control people.

And that is what this pandemic has turned into at this stage - a mode of government control  over the people without intelligently weighing the costs benefit analysis on how these directives affect economies and mental health.

I choose freedom and risk and my priority is living my life and not putting so much emphasis on a virus that has a near 100% survival rate for healthy vaccinated people.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grant said:

You won’t give booster shots!!

And can’t finish what you promised and started!

Now you blame the people??😅

I'm as critical of the vaccine procurement and roll out here as anyone else, but that's completely untrue.

Booster shots are being rolled out already (I think around ten million so far) and the eligibility's explained in a recent article here on boosters in Phuket which is the same country-wide and some commenting here have had them.

Basically, 2 x Pfizer or Moderna and you're eligible after 6 months, 2 x anything else and you're eligible after 3.

This was sent out on Line by my local hospital confirming that:

1642244892588.thumb.jpg.68e53db1b18c9c18155bffbae90949f4.jpg

If you're particularly clinically vulnerable you can plead your case for jumping the queue.

If that's not soon enough, then you can always get Moderna privately 3 months after your second jab if you booked it, and if you didn't then you can be wait-listed for it by a private hospital as some are now being re-sold by people who had government jabs instead of waiting.

Given the demand internationally for mRNA jabs, after an inexcusably appalling start I think that's pretty fair.

1 hour ago, whitesnake said:

There's no way would I would be following my little tootsies to the nearest health clinic!! 

But you are not Thai. Remember all Thais are Honest and obey ALL laws and requests by the Government. It is just us Ferang that would not follow this request ….. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Nat said:

I choose freedom and risk and my priority is living my life and not putting so much emphasis on a virus that has a near 100% survival rate for healthy vaccinated people.

... and to heck with everyone else who has to suffer the consequences of your choice?

Fortunately most people here (in Thailand rather than 'here') have rather more consideration for others.

... and fortunately for the rest of us here your right to "choose freedom and risk" ends when it directly affects others.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

Yes, yes ...YES!!!

Thanks,  it seems that many have contracted a different form of virus - Covidiocy - this is where people have become so brainwashed and fearful from government and media - that they welcome having their lives managed and controlled while promoting the optics around such things as wearing facemasks outdoors and submitting endless ATK tests in order to eat in restaurants or go to their workplaces. They spew out numerous "supposed" scientific musings from twitter and the like trying to justify their propaganda.  I hope these "covidiots" eventually come around to common sense but for now they are quite delusional in their wanting to control others behavior.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Angry 1

The issue, again, becomes that of trust in what the process entails.  Far too many stories of asymptomatic or rather mild symptom having people testing positive and then being held hostage at hospitals.  It's all well and good for someone to suggest this is for the "good of society", but does that still hold true if you're being held against your will in a government designated facility and then hit with a 150k baht bill because the insurer said it wasn't necessary to hold you there?

Edited by huhuarf

6 minutes ago, Stonker said:

... and to heck with everyone else who has to suffer the consequences of your choice?

Fortunately most people here (in Thailand rather than 'here') have rather more consideration for others.

... and fortunately for the rest of us here your right to "choose freedom and risk" ends when it directly affects others.

If you're masked up and down, vaccinated and boosted, then why don't you worry about just living your life instead of thinking of how great it is for government to hatch new schemes to suppress their people?  I'm sort of confused how people will take every precaution available and then still blame others for what they feel is their own impending doom.   "h...hey...you didn't get vaccinated so now my  jab doesn't work..."

Protip:  The government will ALWAYS tell you what to do under the guise of "it's for your own good".

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Ok then if that is how you feel - what are you doing about the dangerous roads here in Thailand and drunk driving?

Thailand has some of the world's most dangerous roads so would you say the same about Thais "consideration for others" when it comes to wreckless/drunk drivers?

I assume you would be ok if there were 24 hour drunk driving checkpoints every 5 km or so on all the highways?

Would that be enough control for you?

The risk one has from dying or getting injured on Thailand's roads is much much higher than dying from covid.  But you don't seem to notice something like that do you?

Your focus is on covid control because you have been brainwashed.

Your arguments do not stand up to logic.

Edited by Nat
type
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, huhuarf said:

If you're masked up and down, vaccinated and boosted, then why don't you worry about just living your life instead of thinking of how great it is for government to hatch new schemes to suppress their people?  I'm sort of confused how people will take every precaution available and then still blame others for what they feel is their own impending doom.   "h...hey...you didn't get vaccinated so now my  jab doesn't work..."

Protip:  The government will ALWAYS tell you what to do under the guise of "it's for your own good".

Who's blaming others "if you're masked up and down, vaccinated and boosted", and presumably self-isolating if you have symptoms?

I'm certainly not, and I don't see anyone else who is - in fact I'm singing your praises 😇!

What I'm getting shirty about, though, are those who DON'T want to do that and think they can do what they want in the name of "freedom" even if their "freedom" stops others having any freedom.

It's not about "suppressing" anyone, just about respecting others so everyone gets a fair go. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

What I'm getting shirty about, though, are those who DON'T want to do that and think they can do what they want in the name of "freedom" even if their "freedom" stops others having any freedom.

How does their freedom stop others?  I'm going to assume that anyone who cared enough to atk test will probably try to self isolate a bit at a minimum.

I would argue again that mandatory pcr testing and the possibility of mandatory unnecessary hospital stays is more a threat to personal freedoms.

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Who's blaming others "if you're masked up and down, vaccinated and boosted", and presumably self-isolating if you have symptoms?

I'm certainly not, and I don't see anyone else who is - in fact I'm singing your praises 😇!

It's not about "suppressing" anyone, just about respecting others so everyone gets a fair go. 

These idiots that keep banging on about their freedoms don’t understand the concept of freedom. They only ever factor in the freedoms that favour themselves and no one else. The logical conclusion to their utopia is anarchy. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stonker said:

How is it disrepectful to choose not be vaccinated if, for example, you are 25 and healthy, has literally (!!) 0 risk of being badly ill or dying with a "vaccine" that does not prevent transmission AT ALL?? Because of the very very unlikely event that this guy will end up in intensive care and take over an intensive care bed from a vaccinated (although this same guy works and therefore contribute to fund the health care system)?

So you have always been "shirty" about everyone who do not get the flu vaccine then for that same reason?

So you are "shirty" about smokers whom filing up hospitals and intensive care because they have choosen to enjoy smoking?

So you are "shirty" about everyone who end up in hospital after a bike accident without wearing a helmet?

So you are "shirty" about all obese people who end up in hospitals with all sorts of pathologies because they have been eating mc donalds and KFC for the last 20 years?

And on and on...

So you are "shirty" about the whole of humanity basically?

Guess who I am personally "shirty" about? Fanatics of all sorts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Nat said:

Ok then if that is how you feel - what are you doing about the dangerous roads here in Thailand and drunk driving?

What am I doing personally?

I don't drink and drive, however much I'd occasionally like to. 

Its a bit like wearing a mask however much I'd like not to - it's not that big an issue for me, but it could make a big difference to someone.

I assume you would be ok if there were 24 hour drunk driving checkpoints every 5 km or so on all the highways?

Why would you assume that?

Have I advocated 24 hour ATK tests on the pavement so that you'd be tested every five minutes which would be the Covid equivalent?

No, obviously I haven't, but why not pretend I have if you can't manage a rational response?

The risk one has from dying or getting injured on Thailand's roads is much much higher than dying from covid.  But you don't seem to notice something like that do you

Actually I'm very well aware of the state of driving in Thailand, as I cycle around 30 kms a day.

Apparently considerably more aware than you, as despite the regular claims about this here, Thailand's halved the number of road deaths for the last three years (2019 - 21) compared to ten years ago. It's still way too high, but 12,000 deaths in RTA's a year (deaths within 30 days) isn't 'much higher' than deaths from Covid but is about half the number.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/road-deaths/thai-road-death-toll-tops-12000-in-2019

... and FWIW I exercise my "freedom" by not wearing a helmet but I ensure that doesn't affect others by having a comprehensive living will (DNR, etc).

50 minutes ago, Nat said:

Your focus is on covid control because you have been brainwashed.

Your arguments do not stand up to logic

No, my focus is on 'covid control' because it's a minor inconvenience to me, but could be a lifesaver for others.

If you fail to see the logic in that maybe you're in the wrong place.

• Like 1