Check before you buy insurance from AXA Thailand - Only PCR test cost is covered!

Just got this from AXA Thailand after 3 months processing: (What a joke!!!)

As checked, your claim has been processed with the result below.

COVERED :

1. RT-PCR test fee 4,700 THB

NOT COVERED

1. Food
  2. Hotels quarantine 02-15/10/2021

29 minutes ago, SoThai said:

Just got this from AXA Thailand after 3 months processing: (What a joke!!!)

As checked, your claim has been processed with the result below.

COVERED :

1. RT-PCR test fee 4,700 THB

NOT COVERED

1. Food
  2. Hotels quarantine 02-15/10/2021

Not to be a dick

But it seems you didn't check before you bought it

It clearly states they don't cover hotel quarantine 

No, AXA will not cover for hotel accommodation cost. AXA will however cover for other medical costs such as physician fees and medicine

• Like 1

Apparently Marc26 doesn't know how to read English. My question was: "If the insurance company's policy doesn't do what the Thai government wants, which is to make sure that COVID related expenses are covered by an insurance policy, why the government allows them to sell the insurance to tourists?".

I was planning a Month stay from End of Feb until end of March. I'm in the UK at the moment. I have a had a triple heart bypass and had an internal Defibrillator fitted into my chest. I looked at the price of insurance and had quotes ranging from £350 up to  £700. I can fly return under these prices so was pretty shocked at the amount for Travel Insurance. Even though Covid insurance is covered in these Quotes, to enter Thailand i am forced to take up Covid Insurance as well. The big factor now is if i stay for 1 Mont'h i will lose a week having to quarantine once iv'e coughed up again for my PCR test on arrival, so after my 1st day i can meander around then on the 5th day i'm expected  to test again, as Omicron is running Rampant now in the Sandbox its likely i will contact Omicron in Phuket so i will be whisked off to a facility for a further 2 weeks. So out of my 4 weeks holiday and 13 hour flight, 3 weeks could be spent in quarantine. MM no thanks.

5 minutes ago, vlad said:

I was planning a Month stay from End of Feb until end of March. I'm in the UK at the moment. I have a had a triple heart bypass and had an internal Defibrillator fitted into my chest. I looked at the price of insurance and had quotes ranging from £350 up to  £700. I can fly return under these prices so was pretty shocked at the amount for Travel Insurance. Even though Covid insurance is covered in these Quotes, to enter Thailand i am forced to take up Covid Insurance as well. The big factor now is if i stay for 1 Mont'h i will lose a week having to quarantine once iv'e coughed up again for my PCR test on arrival, so after my 1st day i can meander around then on the 5th day i'm expected  to test again, as Omicron is running Rampant now in the Sandbox its likely i will contact Omicron in Phuket so i will be whisked off to a facility for a further 2 weeks. So out of my 4 weeks holiday and 13 hour flight, 3 weeks could be spent in quarantine. MM no thanks.

That's one way of looking at it. On the other hand, nothing might happen. In your case the glass is half empty or merely drained. 😃