Mistake ticking me off on the Test & GO

Hi Guys,

I just arrived from Perth, Western Australia last Sunday for 7 nights quarantine in a Bangkok Sha+++Plus hotel.

Got through the covid section and immigration very quickly.

When approaching Gate 10 to arrange for my bus to my hotel, the Disease Control Officer ticked my box on the pink slip for Quarantine for 1 day (Test & Go).

When arriving at my hotel they were all set for my covid test and said that I am only booked in for one night. I had a bit of trouble trying to convince them that I was booked for 7nights/8 days quarantine. I can now understand why some foreigners have left their hotels early. If I had of gone along with the Disease Control Officer and the hotel, I could have been out and about after one day - but I did the right thing and reported their mistakes.

I was booked into the Siam Mardarina Hotel, but the day before I was set to fly the hotel sends an email to my travel agent telling them that I have been moved to another hotel, one they're partnered to. Saying as compensation, that I would get the Grand Deluxe Room at the Divalux Resort and Spa at no extra cost. I had to laugh as I paid more money for the Siam Mardarina Hotel, which had better facilities. I certainly got the worst end of the deal. I was moved because many people with the Thailand Pass that had booked for the one day test & go had to find more room to do 7 days quarantine, so I was pushed out.

I had applied for the Thailand Pass under the Test & Go and was approved to travel on Jan 16th and was booked into the Royal President Hotel for the one night. After the Test & Go was stopped, I couldn't get 7 nights at the Royal President - so had to cancel and book 7 nights at the Siam Mardarina Hotel and they accepted my booking. Then I was moved at the last minute to their partnered hotel Divalux Resort and Spa.

The Land of the Smiles 😁

• Like 2