News Forum - Foreigners vaccinated in Thailand can apply for a digital vaccine passport for free until March 31

Thaiger

1 hour ago, gazmo16 said:

You can collect in person at designated centres

According to the app, only in Bangkok.  Surprise surprise, we don't all live in or near the place.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

not sure why you say that, my app is in Thai and English? 

There is actually a language selection option in the settings for the app

679CAEB6-92C4-45EB-89CC-63B5F682DC79.jpeg

• Like 1

Pathetic, like it's a big deal. Throw a dog a bone.

Where I'm based anyone can print their own certs through the government registered app, all with QR codes on them etc, easily verified by anyone on the world. 

No need to visit some office, wait for some stamp, some demigod to sign something. 

And all completely free....

18 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

According to the app, only in Bangkok.  Surprise surprise, we don't all live in or near the place.

You can still get the e certificate. Actually there is a postal delivery option but it is greyed out

418D8668-6C94-490D-A96B-310DDF59603B.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Pathetic, like it's a big deal. Throw a dog a bone.

Where I'm based anyone can print their own certs through the government registered app, all with QR codes on them etc, easily verified by anyone on the world. 

No need to visit some office, wait for some stamp, some demigod to sign something. 

And all completely free....

It’s free here too. You only need to go to an office if you want to get the yellow book. Actually the vaccination certificate issued by the hospital that did my vaccination would probably suffice for travel to most countries as it was in Thai and English. I didn’t even need to print it out 

Edited by Stevejm
Update
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

It’s free here too. You only need to go to an office if you want to get the yellow book. Actually the vaccination certificate issued by the hospital that did my vaccination would probably suffice for travel to most countries as it was in Thai and English. I didn’t even need to print it out 

The Thai way of doing things just seems so backwards. I've been following my wife and childrens' experience. And at every step of the way they just seem to make everything so convoluted and difficult.

Not related to vaccines I know but I had to do a PCR for travel yesterday in HH. Getting sent from window to window to fill out a form or collect some other piece of paper to take to the next window and finally to have the test done, and be be told I was missing a piece of paper from a previous window. 

Okay, so this is at a government hospital so I shouldn't expect seamless service. But at the same time I compare doing the exact same thing at a private hospital in my own country. 

Firstly, the whole thing is drive-thru. I don't even get out the car at any point. Go to the first window, give the guy my passport and pay the money. Go to next window by driving forward 5 metres. Car window open, test taken. Total process took 2 minutes, and it still costs less than half of what a government hospital in Thailand costs. 

Lastly, that's it. The hospital then emails me a PDF with the results with a QR code as well. Done, finished. The end. No more contact with the hospital. For less than half the price at a government hospital in Thailand.

Not a complaint as such but more of an observation.

5 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

The Thai way of doing things just seems so backwards. I've been following my wife and childrens' experience. And at every step of the way they just seem to make everything so convoluted and difficult.

Not related to vaccines I know but I had to do a PCR for travel yesterday in HH. Getting sent from window to window to fill out a form or collect some other piece of paper to take to the next window and finally to have the test done, and be be told I was missing a piece of paper from a previous window. 

Okay, so this is at a government hospital so I shouldn't expect seamless service. But at the same time I compare doing the exact same thing at a private hospital in my own country. 

Firstly, the whole thing is drive-thru. I don't even get out the car at any point. Go to the first window, give the guy my passport and pay the money. Go to next window by driving forward 5 metres. Car window open, test taken. Total process took 2 minutes, and it still costs less than half of what a government hospital in Thailand costs. 

Lastly, that's it. The hospital then emails me a PDF with the results with a QR code as well. Done, finished. The end. No more contact with the hospital. For less than half the price at a government hospital in Thailand.

Not a complaint as such but more of an observation.

Observation noted. My experience in Thailand has been that everything went like clockwork. In UK you can’t use pcr tests done at government hospitals for travel purposes and the only private clinic in my home town that did pre flight tests charged the equivalent of 10,000 Baht for a test and they only opened 2 days a week so I had to travel 50km to get a test. I wouldn’t describe Thailand as back ward but that’s your opinion. Also UK felt so unsafe because mask usage was not universal even though legally required.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

Observation noted. My experience in Thailand has been that everything went like clockwork. In UK you can’t use pcr tests done at government hospitals for travel purposes and the only private clinic in my home town that did pre flight tests charged the equivalent of 10,000 Baht for a test and they only opened 2 days a week so I had to travel 50km to get a test. I wouldn’t describe Thailand as back ward but that’s your opinion. Also UK felt so unsafe because mask usage was not universal even though legally required.

Over £200 for a test, where in the UK was that?!

Last time I was there in October I booked through Boots and paid £65 I think when I wanted a PCR for travel.

19 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Over £200 for a test, where in the UK was that?!

Last time I was there in October I booked through Boots and paid £65 I think when I wanted a PCR for travel.

Crewe in Cheshire. Actually it was £250 so more than 10k Baht. I ended up paying £69 at a test centre in Stoke. I was hampered by traveling just after new year and by the sudden requirements for a 48 hour test imposed by Dubai for transit passengers at short notice. In the cities I am sure that it was much better. Boots in Crewe weren’t doing pcr tests at the time. The 3600 Baht that I paid for the T&G package in Thailand seemed like a bargain in comparison and I got my results in 8 hours. Also the Thailand government picked up the bill for the day 5 pcr test. The UK government changed from day 2 LFD test to pcr which cost me an extra £69. 

Edited by Stevejm
Update

1 hour ago, Stevejm said:

You can still get the e certificate. Actually there is a postal delivery option but it is greyed out

418D8668-6C94-490D-A96B-310DDF59603B.jpeg

Indeed, so you cant get it that way

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

Indeed, so you cant get it that way

To be honest I only went to the trouble of getting the book because it was my first trip during the pandemic and I wanted to be prepared for any eventuality ( eg difficult border officers) . As it turned out although I presented my book at check in at Bangkok and it was accepted without question there were no document checks done by border officials in UK. On returning to Thailand I presented a print out of my Mor Phrom certificate. In hindsight I would just use the print out of my certificate from Mor Phrom which is in thai/ English and meets UK requirements. Depends on where you are going I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1