News Forum - Foreigners vaccinated in Thailand can apply for a digital vaccine passport for free until March 31

Thaiger

Digital vaccine passports through Thailand’s Public Health Ministry are being issued for free until March 31. Both Thai nationals and foreign residents who were inculcated in Thailand can register for the e-Vaccine Passport on the Mor Phrom application. A 13-digit number is needed to register on Mor Phrom. For Thais, this is their Thai ID number. Foreigners who have been inoculated in Thailand receive this number after their second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine. The Thai PR department says the number for expats will start with “60.” Those who have received two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine and are interested […]

The story Foreigners vaccinated in Thailand can apply for a digital vaccine passport for free until March 31 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

its never worked says something when you register about being in the wrong group or something and please update your details..

its not me who needs to update my details fellas, its you .. all i did was get vaccinated 

How am i supposed to know how to update them.. another mysterious cultural moment 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MikeW said:

I've never been able to get the mor phrom app to work 

Do you have a QR code to scan by using the mor prom app? The paper work issued  on your second shot should be similar to this .A449B085-93EB-4F94-A9C3-7904BE45C06E.thumb.jpeg.34c6d91b371698c3e7f4d88c14be6c92.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

I have applied three times using the app, a deafening silence and no reply. 

Anything cyber/internet based is a bit of a crap shoot here. 

They usually talk the big talk, but there practices are still not up to speed.

11 minutes ago, NateUK said:

So how does one even register for an account on the app when it only has Thai ID? Is there an English version?

Use the ID that the hospital gave you, its on the cert that you were given after each vaccination

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

Use the ID that the hospital gave you, its on the cert that you were given after each vaccination

And if the ID is showing an error? Wrong input, even when it's been checked 10 times? I've never seen this level of incompetence, and I've lived in Serbia. 😂

From Thai Govt. Hospitals I have been provided: 

Three Free Western Covid Jabs ( Body) 

Three Matching MOPH Vax Certificates (Paper)

MOPH Digital Matching Vax Record (IPhone) 

MOPH International Covid Vax Booklet (Paper) 

MOPH E-Vaccine Passport (Promised Conversion from Booklet / at SUV Airport or MOPH Local Office) =Article Document ( EVP).

Planning to get EVP at SUV before next flight out…

11 hours ago, riclag said:

Do you have a QR code to scan by using the mor prom app? The paper work issued  on your second shot should be similar to this .A449B085-93EB-4F94-A9C3-7904BE45C06E.thumb.jpeg.34c6d91b371698c3e7f4d88c14be6c92.jpeg

have you tried using it? you cant register using the QR code you need to register your details first, No QR code. Of course the whole app is in thai, they could get any farang to translate it to english but no ones bothered to ask

1 hour ago, alex12345 said:

have you tried using it? you cant register using the QR code you need to register your details first, No QR code. Of course the whole app is in thai, they could get any farang to translate it to english but no ones bothered to ask

The QR code on the vaccination certificate issued by the hospital is a different thing. I obtained the hard copy of the international vaccination certificate in December and when I opened the app and clicked on the international certificate button it opens up with a qr code which when scanned opens a page with the same details as contained in the hard copy certificate. The date of the certificate is the same as the date on my hard copy.I think most people who have trouble with the Mor Phrom app are possibly not inputting the 13 digit Citizen ID which is allocated to foreigners who are vaccinated in Thailand. The app isn’t perfect but worked fine for me. People who struggle with the fact that it mainly in thai can always enlist the help of a Thai friend? Anyone who is resident here for a long time who doesn’t know anyone who can read Thai probably has bigger issues🤔 I used my hard copy of the international certificate for a recent trip to UK but I think the standard certificate available in Mor phrom would have been equally as good because most of the key data is in Thai and English.

Edited by Stevejm
Typo
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, riclag said:

The first problem for me is getting the mor prom app to work I have tried loading it on 2 different phones 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

The QR code on the vaccination certificate issued by the hospital is a different thing. I obtained the hard copy of the international vaccination certificate in December and when I opened the app and clicked on the international certificate button it opens up with a qr code which when scanned opens a page with the same details as contained in the hard copy certificate. The date of the certificate is the same as the date on my hard copy.I think most people who have trouble with the Mor Phrom app are possibly not inputting the 13 digit Citizen ID which is allocated to foreigners who are vaccinated in Thailand. The app isn’t perfect but worked fine for me. People who struggle with the fact that it mainly in thai can always enlist the help of a Thai friend? Anyone who is resident here for a long time who doesn’t know anyone who can read Thai probably has bigger issues🤔 I used my hard copy of the international certificate for a recent trip to UK but I think the standard certificate available in Mor phrom would have been equally as good because most of the key data is in Thai and English.

How do you obtain a hard copy? 

No point if you have the hospital certificate and mor prom. Mor prom app has name, passport number nationality and vaccination history. You can always print that out

8 minutes ago, MikeW said:

How do you obtain a hard copy? 

You can go to one of three branches of the MOPH Department of Disease control  in Bangkok. I went to the one at Bangrak Hospital in Sathorn Road. You have to make an appointment through Mor Phrom App.See below. When you click on the the yellow button you have to fill out some information then select the location and time that you want to go. After successfully making an appointment you will be able to click on the status button and you will see details including a Google maps link to the building location which can be useful. Note that you can expect to see most appointment slots greyed out for earlier slots. I booked in late November for an appointment on 17 December.Then show up at the appointed time with your passport and vaccination certificate and 50Baht fee and the document will be produced while you wait.

E8487360-1854-4CFA-B89F-BB9A99447F8F.png

Edited by Stevejm
Update

13 hours ago, riclag said:

Thanks for the suggestion.
When I scanned the QR code it generated a link (url) to the moph and showed my vaccination details.
As an aside I have two of these forms for some reason:
One I had written my name in the personal details myself by hand. This one was recognised.
The second one had all the personal details printed. This one wasn't recognised.

I'd already tried earlier today installing the Mor Phrom App. I entered my Thai ID (from my pink card) as on the form above.
Then I entered my mobile phone number. It was the phone number that it said wasn't recognised and to contact someone about it.
(btw I have the yellow vaccination booklet already)

23 minutes ago, MikeW said:

The first problem for me is getting the mor prom app to work I have tried loading it on 2 different phones 

Where does the process fall apart? Are you able to install the app at all? Incidentally there is a second way of accessing Mor Phrom which is through a Line application. My girlfriend has done it that way but it seems to be all in Thai. You might be able to do it that way with some Thai language assistance 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, El_Madrigal said:

And if the ID is showing an error? Wrong input, even when it's been checked 10 times? I've never seen this level of incompetence, and I've lived in Serbia. 😂

Try checking the number of zeros in your ID number. Mine has a lot and it’s easy to mis enter. Also check that the number starts with 60 which is the prefix for temporary id numbers assigned to foreigners for the purpose of the vaccination program 

17 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Thanks for the suggestion.
When I scanned the QR code it generated a link (url) to the moph and showed my vaccination details.
As an aside I have two of these forms for some reason:
One I had written my name in the personal details myself by hand. This one was recognised.
The second one had all the personal details printed. This one wasn't recognised.

I'd already tried earlier today installing the Mor Phrom App. I entered my Thai ID (from my pink card) as on the form above.
Then I entered my mobile phone number. It was the phone number that it said wasn't recognised and to contact someone about it.
(btw I have the yellow vaccination booklet already)

Sounds like you have got everything that you need anyway. If you have managed to get MorPhrom installed you can actually edit your personal details by tapping on the picture in the top left of the app and editing your personal details including passport number and phone number.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

Where does the process fall apart? Are you able to install the app at all? Incidentally there is a second way of accessing Mor Phrom which is through a Line application. My girlfriend has done it that way but it seems to be all in Thai. You might be able to do it that way with some Thai language assistance 

I managed to get my E Passport about a week ago via the app. As stevejm suggested I had set up the app via the line messaging app ( downloaded first even if you don't want to actually use this messenger  yourself) , after I had the line app I downloaded the Mor Phrom app and it  worked no issues . 

When its running correctly you can select the apply for international certificate and elect for a hard copy  ( which requires a 50baht on line payment ) or a free E passport which you submit and receive acknowledgement of your submission and a message stating it will take 3-5 days for processing. I checked after 3 days and i was there.  You can collect in person at designated centres but queuing times and limited office hours make it sound a real mare so on line is the cheapest and quickest method still for most people it seems.

Edited by gazmo16
Grammar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, alex12345 said:

not sure why you say that, my app is in Thai and English?