Jump to content

News Forum - Omicron accounts for 90% of new infections in Thailand


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Rangers said:

Don't take this the wrong way but hopefully you can catch covid soon as its probably the only way you'll realise that the things you are posting are BS. Then after that maybe you will stop hiding in your cupboard with 3 masks on and start living your life.

In my youth, when “seeing to” some spectacularly ugly females,  I was compelled to deploy, on each occasion, Three Face Coverings ……. in case the first two fell off…😉 😝

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rangers said:

Death certs are most definitely interesting, you're right there. Mrs Rangers registers deaths for a living and the figures are a sham in this region. I assume its like that right across the world too 

I'm sure the UKHSA would give Mrs Rangers' opinion of the many doctors who signed those death certificates, which are confidential, as much respect as they would yours.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I'm sure the UK Health Security Agency will give your view of their reporting of Covid deaths as "BS" all the respect it deserves.

As for my "life" during the Covid crisis, it's virtually unchanged from before.  The only difference is that I wear a mask when out of the house apart from when having a meal or a drink, as does everyone else around here, and it doesn't worry me unduly - I always wore a lycra cycling mask when cycling anyway, so that's no different.

Sorry to disappoint you, but nobody I know is "hiding" and neither am I - just showing a little consideration for others, which isn't really that much of an imposition.

Oh no, not stonkys "experts" again. I'm much the same as you then, even had 3 vaccines to prove it. 😊 Only problem was after vaccine 1 I caught delta a week later, and after vaccine 3 I caught omicron a fortnight later. Both of which were nowhere near as scary as your posts suggest. 

 

Can I ask why covid scares you so much? Perhaps i could understand a little more if you have underlying health issues? or perhaps are elderly? Obese? I don't know. The impression I get though is that you watch too much of certain news channels and seem a little brainwashed if I'm honest. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rain said:

Shouldn't we be suspicious by all the numbers that they've thrown at us for the last two years?

Specifically, we can’t see beyond the “with / from “Covid Deaths Govt. smokescreens….can physicians really not distinguish and report Covid / Other Respiratory Failures ? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

In my youth, when “seeing to” some spectacularly ugly females,  I was compelled to deploy, on each occasion, Three Face Coverings ……. in case the first two fell off…😉 😝

Hahahahaha 🤣

We've all been there. I still do that with the wife. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, oldschooler said:

Specifically, we can’t see beyond the “with / from “Covid Deaths Govt. smokescreens….can physicians really not distinguish and report Covid / Other Respiratory Failures ? 

No. They can't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rain said:

No. They can't. 

Yes they can and they do.

And if thats not enough evidence for you then have a look at the excess deaths.

Something killed a lot of people. And if it wasn't covid what was it?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rangers said:

Hahahahaha 🤣

We've all been there. I still do that with the wife. 

Oh no you ended marrying one of them ! 🤣 you fool, you’re NOT supposed to go that far ! Ha ha 🦹🏻‍♂️ Which frat movie had that question to the guys boss  “ whatever happened to the class bike, that everyone had a ride on ?” boss answers “ I married her” 😂🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, oldschooler said:

Oh no you ended marrying one of them ! 🤣 you fool, you’re NOT supposed to go that far ! Ha ha 🦹🏻‍♂️ Which frat movie had that question to the guys boss  “ whatever happened to the class bike, that everyone had a ride on ?” boss answers “ I married her” 😂🤣

🤣🤣🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I'm sure the UKHSA would give Mrs Rangers' opinion of the many doctors who signed those death certificates, which are confidential, as much respect as they would yours.

But I hope that’s a different UKHSA Dept. to the one slammed by UK Govt. Statistics Body for Dodgy Covid Projection Modelling ( Gross False Overstating).  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes they can and they do.

And if thats not enough evidence for you then have a look at the excess deaths.

Something killed a lot of people. And if it wasn't covid what was it?

That’s my point yes “ excess deaths”. WHERE are the KNOWN Winter Flu / Pneumonia Dead Oldy stats. Minimum 15k in UK every winter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Rangers said:

... Both of which were nowhere near as scary as your posts suggest. 

So ... because you didn't have a problem when you had Covid (let's overlook the latest study about a reduced cognitive and reasoning ability for up to nine months) so that means others aren't going to have a problem?

Seriously?

I've had cancer, but fortunately it was mild and minor and I got over it without any problem or major treatment, but I don't take that as suggesting that it's anything but serious for a lot of people.

I've been shot, bombed and blown up, again with no real issues, but I wouldn't suggest that everyone that's happened to has been as fortunate. 

24 minutes ago, Rangers said:

Can I ask why covid scares you so much? Perhaps i could understand a little more if you have underlying health issues? or perhaps are elderly? Obese? I don't know. The impression I get though is that you watch too much of certain news channels and seem a little brainwashed if I'm honest. 

You can ask, but as Covid doesn't particularly "scare" me you probably won't get the answer you want.

It's not about being "scared" - it's about respecting others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

... can physicians really not distinguish and report Covid / Other Respiratory Failures ? 

Of course they can, and do.

The results, though, just don't suit some people.

18 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes they can and they do.

And if thats not enough evidence for you then have a look at the excess deaths.

Something killed a lot of people. And if it wasn't covid what was it?

Awkward question ... between two and three times the reported Covid deaths, but it's just a co-incidence ..... isn't it 😂 ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

So ... because you didn't have a problem when you had Covid (let's overlook the latest study about a reduced cognitive and reasoning ability for up to nine months) so that means others aren't going to have a problem?

Seriously?

I've had cancer, but fortunately it was mild and minor and I got over it without any problem or major treatment, but I don't take that as suggesting that it's anything but serious for a lot of people.

I've been shot, bombed and blown up, again with no real issues, but I wouldn't suggest that everyone that's happened to has been as fortunate. 

You can ask, but as Covid doesn't particularly "scare" me you probably won't get the answer you want.

It's not about being "scared" - it's about respecting others.

Like I said earlier, I think most on here have respected everyone throughout the pandemic. I'd be surprised if anyone hadn't, but when the virus became omicron it was time for positivity. The end was in sight and it had become so mild it wasn't likely to affect anyone.  You seem to be the only one refusing to believe that though and i was simply wondering why. 

 

Reading your last post there though, your life seems very interesting and I have respect for those things alone. Sometimes things get misunderstood on Internet forums and it's easy to make enemies. We're probably not all that different you know, if you're ever in phuket come have a beer. I'm not that bad, honest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

But I hope that’s a different UKHSA Dept. to the one slammed by UK Govt. Statistics Body for Dodgy Covid Projection Modelling ( Gross False Overstating).  

Really?

Are you sure that's not more of the fertile imagination you had the decency to admit to earlier?

Any source at all?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rangers said:

but when the virus became omicron it was time for positivity.

But "the virus" hasn't "become omicron".

That isn't opinion, it's fact - the latter is the latest variant, that's all.

If you can't understand that, it's no wonder you can't understand the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Stonker said:

But "the virus" hasn't "become omicron".

That isn't opinion, it's fact - the latter is the latest variant, that's all.

If you can't understand that, it's no wonder you can't understand the problem.

😴

Never mind, I tried I suppose. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

That’s my point yes “ excess deaths”. WHERE are the KNOWN Winter Flu / Pneumonia Dead Oldy stats. Minimum 15k in UK every winter.

You understand the covid recorded excess deaths is a lower figure than the total excess deaths.

So I imagine people dying from stuff like seasonal flu are still recorded but not attributed to covid deaths.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Stonker said:

It does make you wonder.  Basic logic tells you there should be five times as many cases as before - which there are in my province, but apparently not in the 'prime' areas of Bangkok, Phuket and Pattaya ... 😕 

Lots of people won't even know they have it and won't get tested.  The actual numbers are probably at least 10x reported numbers.  It does seem a bit early for it to be peaking though.  It should have been raging for a couple more weeks at least.

Edited by samiam123
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

That’s my point yes “ excess deaths”. WHERE are the KNOWN Winter Flu / Pneumonia Dead Oldy stats. Minimum 15k in UK every winter.

Easily found:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathsintheukfrominfluenzain2020

30 a year on average in Thailand, down to 3 and possibly 0, and evidently also down in the UK.

Hardly surprising given the amount of mask wearing, social distancing, hand washing, etc, which would reduce all respiratory infections such as flu.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rangers said:

😴

Never mind, I tried I suppose. 

It’s just that Alpha, Delta, Omicron, Other  variants are all still out there as different branches of the same SARS Covid 19 “tree”.

Just as Chimpanzees & Gorillas didn’t “become” Homo Sapiens, we are all branches from the Hominid evolutionary  “tree”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

It’s just that Alpha, Delta, Omicron, Other  variants are all still out there as different branches of the same SARS Covid 19 “tree”.

Just as Chimpanzees & Gorillas didn’t “become” Homo Sapiens, we are all branches from the Hominid evolutionary  “tree”.

Yeah omicron came from a cross infection from mice into humans apparently. 

Given the lung capacity of mice it would have to have been sitting on your chest for an hour blowing bubbles of snot up your nose for that to be a thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

It’s just that Alpha, Delta, Omicron, Other  variants are all still out there as different branches of the same SARS Covid 19 “tree”.

Just as Chimpanzees & Gorillas didn’t “become” Homo Sapiens, we are all branches from the Hominid evolutionary  “tree”.

Yeh I understand how it works, i just meant when Omicron  became the dominant variant it was clearly good news. Its quite clear now that is the case. Its so mild that the worst that will happen is you maybe squirt a fart down your leg. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

But I hope that’s a different UKHSA Dept. to the one slammed by UK Govt. Statistics Body for Dodgy Covid Projection Modelling ( Gross False Overstating).  

I saw a report last night about exactly that. The Office of National Statistics (ONS) did an analysis of actual covid deaths and it is vastly lower than what is being reported.

Covid deaths reported by government "scientists" is 150,000+ but the ONS report that deaths actually atributed to Covid - meaning people who die OF covid is just over 17,000.

They also report that currently, deaths from all causes is well below the five year average.

They also report that in tests, 97.5% of those people tested had covid antibodies (not sure how many people were in the tests).

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

I'm sure the UKHSA would give Mrs Rangers' opinion of the many doctors who signed those death certificates, which are confidential, as much respect as they would yours.

And for Stonker "...death certificates, which are confidential..." In the UK, death certificates are public documents and can be viewd at the General Register Office (GRO).

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ozvenision said:

So 90% Omicron which is far more contagious but the daily numbers are not rising..

Amazing Thailand

Numbers of what? Hospitalizations? 

You want to see numbers go up or down that have little meaning except to create panic or justify restrictions. 

Things were bad. They're better. I'm sure you can make up numbers for that if you like. 

You think China is reporting all of its cases perfectly? Brazil? The US? India? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use