News Forum - Omicron accounts for 90% of new infections in Thailand

Thaiger

In Thailand, the highly transmissible Omicron variant is quickly overtaking the Delta variant as the primary strain of new Covid-19 infections in the country. The top virologists in the country have revealed that 90% of new infections in Thailand now are of the Omicron variant which is much more contagious than earlier strains but also generally less severe than the Delta variant that had accounted for the vast majority of infections in Thailand since the pandemic began. Dr Yong Poovorawan, who is considered Thailand’s number 1 virologist as the head of Chulalongkorn University’s Centre of Excellence in Clinical Virology, said […]

The story Omicron accounts for 90% of new infections in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

14 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Dr Yong Poovorawan,

Doc Yong should get royalties for every time his name turns up here spouting what might be considered the bleeding obvious .. 

• Cool 1

3 hours ago, ozvenision said:

So 90% Omicron which is far more contagious but the daily numbers are not rising..

Amazing Thailand

It does make you wonder.  Basic logic tells you there should be five times as many cases as before - which there are in my province, but apparently not in the 'prime' areas of Bangkok, Phuket and Pattaya ... 😕 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stonker said:

It does make you wonder.  Basic logic tells you there should be five times as many cases as before - which there are in my province, but apparently not in the 'prime' areas of Bangkok, Phuket and Pattaya ... 😕 

Perhaps, there's new consciousness of practiced mitigation among the masses, therefore the numbers might show a possible decline...

This variant, supposedly of a higher contagious note - if it has nowhere to go than the natural inducing infections will fade. 

And those that equate "testing" numbers with anything are usually deluded. These tests have been proven to be of little quality and assured results. 

34 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Yes the numbers are fixed through less testing, if its as transmissible as it would appear in europe there should be 30,000 cases a day in thailand already at least but i dont think this will come out. . bad for tourism and places staying open any sensible government wants to ignore it and get on with life, but I had to laugh as I saw Bill Gates was praising all this money raised for making a vaccine within 100 days, like he really believes we are gonna get  a new virus every year or something. Keep an eye on that guy. I think he believes who countries can be subjugated for the rest of their lives by the governments. Everyone nationality has their breaking points, we're seeing that in the UK with those corrupt politicians having parties while everyone else was in isolation. People arent idiots if the government arent worried about covid and dont die why should we be worried about it.

Edited by alex12345
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, alex12345 said:

Yes the numbers are fixed through less testing, if its as transmissible as it would appear in europe there should be 30,000 cases a day in thailand already at least but i dont think this will come out. . bad for tourism and places staying open any sensible government wants to ignore it and get on with life, but I had to laugh as I saw Bill Gates was praising all this money raised for making a vaccine within 100 days, like he really believes we are gonna get  a new virus every year or something. Keep an eye on that guy. I think he believes who countries can be subjugated for the rest of their lives by the governments. Everyone nationality has their breaking points, we're seeing that in the UK with those corrupt politicians having parties while everyone else was in isolation. People arent idiots if the government arent worried about covid and dont die why should we be worried about it.

In my province (Loei) the numbers have gone up by about five times over the last fortnight compared to the previous month, which sounds about right, and contacts are self-isolating at home or in a shed in the fields (😲), but that's noticeably not the case in "other" areas 😂.

• Like 1

I can only say...again...look to what is happening in countries that have already been infected with Omicron. The comments on here are like "Groundhog Day". What is happening in other countries, including my own, are a pretext for what is to come. There's no need to speculate...just look at what is happening elsewhere!!!!

ok...let's employ the KISS principle ( Keep It Simple Stupid).... there's a huge iceberg ahead. I'm in the crows nest saying "Iceberg right ahead!!!". So... AJ Smith.... are you going to change course or do what every other country has done and plow straight into it?!

The sad part is, you have a whole months warning.... and you'll still plow into the iceberg!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Very near for 438 in the UK yesterday: "UK reports 438 Covid daily deaths, the highest in 11 months".

... not sure who that was "good news" for... 😱

Yes of course those 438 didn't have a terminal illness did they. You still can't get over it can you, you're scaremongering days are over. Nobody is petrified of your posts anymore and you hate it. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Rangers said:

Yes of course those 438 didn't have a terminal illness did they.

Did they?

... and all 438 would have died of their "terminal illness" yesterday?

You make plenty of irrational posts that are as absurd as they are thoughtless, but this has to be one of your best.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, alex12345 said:

wierd on the 17th they reported 88 deaths seems like a high climb to say the list .. maybe someone forgot to report 200 the day before

To be fair, Tuesdays are always high as they're a 'catch-up' from the weekend and it's a consistent pattern.

The week before, for example, it went from 76 on the 10th to 379 on the 11th. The overall pattern, though, is very much 'up' rather than 'down', as those thanking God for Omicron would like it to be.

• Like 1

My cynical “breakdown” of the 438 “Covid” deaths :-

12 FROM Omicron  (Unvaxxed) ; 1 FROM Covid (vaxxed).

425 WITH Covid /BUT died  FROM Flu - Pneumonia- Cancer - Heart -Liver.

Non - Covid Daily Deaths Unreported ?  Cancelled through Lack of Interest ? 

-

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Did they?

... and all 438 would have died of their "terminal illness" yesterday?

You make plenty of irrational posts that are as absurd as they are thoughtless, but this has to be one of your best.

Maybe, but that's still better than being a covid troll that tries desperately to scare people on an online forum. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stonker said:

To be fair, Tuesdays are always high as they're a 'catch-up' from the weekend and it's a consistent pattern.

The week before, for example, it went from 76 on the 10th to 379 on the 11th. The overall pattern, though, is very much 'up' rather than 'down', as those thanking God for Omicron would like it to be.

Don't take this the wrong way but hopefully you can catch covid soon as its probably the only way you'll realise that the things you are posting are BS. Then after that maybe you will stop hiding in your cupboard with 3 masks on and start living your life.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

-

Do you have a source for any of that?

Or did you forget to mention that you had a busy day going round all the hospitals across the UK signing all the death certificates? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Do you have a source for any of that?

Or did you forget to mention that you had a busy day going round all the hospitals across the UK signing all the death certificates? 

Source: Just my fevered, cynical & comical imagination. …….
Death Certs would indeed be interesting as wouldn’t they have to have the TRUE cause of death…..? 

6 minutes ago, Rangers said:

Don't take this the wrong way but hopefully you can catch covid soon as its probably the only way you'll realise that the things you are posting are BS. Then after that maybe you will stop hiding in your cupboard with 3 masks on and start living your life.

I'm sure the UK Health Security Agency will give your view of their reporting of Covid deaths as "BS" all the respect it deserves.

As for my "life" during the Covid crisis, it's virtually unchanged from before.  The only difference is that I wear a mask when out of the house apart from when having a meal or a drink, as does everyone else around here, and it doesn't worry me unduly - I always wore a lycra cycling mask when cycling anyway, so that's no different.

Sorry to disappoint you, but nobody I know is "hiding" and neither am I - just showing a little consideration for others, which isn't really that much of an imposition.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Thank you - somehow I thought it was, but few here are willing to admit it.

Edit: that's a compliment BTW 😇.

14 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Death Certs would indeed be interesting as wouldn’t they have to have the TRUE cause of death…..? 

Correct - that's why the UKHSA can report them as 'Covid deaths'.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Death certs are most definitely interesting, you're right there. Mrs Rangers registers deaths for a living and the figures are a sham in this region. I assume its like that right across the world too 

Its not hard to be a top scientist in this country you need to be able to read and a little know about internet then you just repeat what others say about a year ago  

33 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

-

Shouldn't we be suspicious by all the numbers that they've thrown at us for the last two years?