News Forum - British man fined for overstay after being forced into Bangkok quarantine

Thaiger

You take your PCR test after your stay in Thailand, before you return home to the UK. You test positive and are confined in a Bangkok hospital for 10 days. Then, to add insult to injury, you’re fined 4,000 baht for overstaying your visa when you go through immigration… purely because you were confined in hospital. This is the sad tale, one of many, when the Test & Go program didn’t quite go to plan. Quite a high percentage of visitors from overseas have been found to test positive after their compulsory PCR tests (certainly in places like Phuket during […]

The story British man fined for overstay after being forced into Bangkok quarantine as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just plain wrong of Thailand showing again no respect to tourist and they want them so badly... how stupid can you be, sometimes it looks like they robots and can not have any reasonable thinking... IQ -1000000% Thailand digging their own grave again episode 12342364 part 20000000001 :)

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

8 minutes ago, RampantRabbit said:

Welcome to  Thailand.............pls  come  again.and  again, and  again. some fools  actually do

Again, just don’t get why folk leave their country under pandemic conditions ,purely for vacation. Stay Home & Wait for Normality.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

Ah longing for the good old days when one would hear the occasional complaint of Taxi scams and and IO’s pulling tourist out of lines for frequenting Thailand too much !

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Apparently UK is scrapping many requirements after todays meeting, including PCR for entry. So hopefully this kind of issue will no longer be a thing

• Like 4
  • Cool 2

Wasn't there, oh yes, it was:

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/phuket-immigration-officers-to-visit-quarantine-hotels-to-help-with-visa-extensions

So, in Phuket that should not happen any longer, right?

Just: All of the immigration is dried out, in the past 2 years! But they still have to pay for houses, cars, private schools for the kids, and all highly above their official pay grades

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

4 WORDS: "Simply don't visit here!!"

Why? I'm having the best visit yet. Happiest I've been since I left 2 years ago. Beats the shit out of being in my cruddy country and fewer scumbags than ever.

You have to assume the majority of these sob stories are from people who came here to hang out in bars with other people of questionable judgment. Not all but most.

Edited by MikeV
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 3
  • Angry 2

26 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Again, just don’t get why folk leave their country under pandemic conditions ,purely for vacation. Stay Home & Wait for Normality.

Maybe they have a life and want to live it? Maybe they realise this covid has become a sniffle at worst? Who knows. 

• Like 3

I mean yeah, if your only purpose to come is to party with others fresh off the plane then sure. It's not the best time to come. Also, if you aren't willing to isolate before your expensive flight to greatly reduce your chance of a positive it's not a good time to come. That's common sense.

And yes, not a good look for immigration but immigration is always going to do what it feels like everywhere.

57 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

It has been 2 years now, how long people are supposed to wait? 5, 10 years? Forever? Life does not last forever, most people want to live now, not tomorrow, not next year, life is too short. People have been told to stay home at some point, they did, they have been told to wear a mask at all time, they did, they have been told to get vaccinated twice, they did, a third time, they did, a 4th time they did, are and will do it, and after all that they are supposed to stay home? The ones that are still scared to live, they can do exactly that, stay at home. Not sure what kind of meaning life has with this attitude... staying alive?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Manu said:

It has been 2 years now, how long people are supposed to wait? 5, 10 years? Forever? Life does not last forever, most people want to live now, not tomorrow, not next year, life is too short. People have been told to stay home at some point, they did, they have been told to wear a mask at all time, they did, they have been told to get vaccinated twice, they did, a third time, they did, a 4th time they did, are and will do it, and after all that they are supposed to stay home? The ones that are still scared to live, they can do exactly that, stay at home. Not sure what kind of meaning life has with this attitude... staying alive?

Been 22 months.  Short blip in time. Short jail sentence or serious injury recovery mindset required. Wait as long as it takes. Vacation in Home Country. Or face the consequences without complaint. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1
  • Angry 1

46 minutes ago, Rangers said:

Maybe they have a life and want to live it? Maybe they realise this covid has become a sniffle at worst? Who knows. 

Foreign vacation unnecessary for “living your life”. Vacation in Home country for two years. This is all just a “blip” in time. Sorry for kids as two years a large piece of time and huge impact re. education & social life. Adults ? Suck it up. Not like you’re away facing violent death in ww2 is it ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

12 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Been 22 months.  Short blip in time. Short jail sentence or serious injury recovery mindset required. Wait as long as it takes. Vacation in Home Country. Or face the consequences without complaint. 

You wait as long as it takes, until the end of your life if you wish, most people will not, they will enjoy themselves and if a small thing is not going right, then they will complain (rightly) and that's that, wether you like it or not (not sure why you bother in the first place if you are happy with your decision).

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Manu said:

“ Attitude “ is the reality that foreign holidays are an unnecessary massively inconvenient luxury right now, not some childish entitlement . Life is clearly not reduced to survival -only mode by not having one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Guest1 said:

Wasn't there, oh yes, it was:

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/phuket-immigration-officers-to-visit-quarantine-hotels-to-help-with-visa-extensions

So, in Phuket that should not happen any longer, right?

Just: All of the immigration is dried out, in the past 2 years! But they still have to pay for houses, cars, private schools for the kids, and all highly above their official pay grades

I know years ago ferangs in hospital were visited by immigration, who gave them an extension on medical grounds.
I can't remember if was free or not. The hospital used to contact immigration on their behalf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeV said:

Why? I'm having the best visit yet. Happiest I've been since I left 2 years ago. Beats the shit out of being in my cruddy country and fewer scumbags than ever.

You have to assume the majority of these sob stories are from people who came here to hang out in bars with other people of questionable judgment. Not all but most.

Mike,  the problem is, these sob stories are from normal tourists who have been caught in this covid nightmare.  You are just one of the lucky ones who have not been caught this way.  I'm sure you would be soon giving us your "sob story" if you tested positive and had to go through what they have had too.  Btw what do bars have to do with this?  I go-to Pattaya , never go near a bar but i don't think those who go there have questionable judgement

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Foreign vacation unnecessary for “living your life”. Vacation in Home country for two years. This is all just a “blip” in time. Sorry for kids as two years a large piece of time and huge impact re. education & social life. Adults ? Suck it up. Not like you’re away facing violent death in ww2 is it ?

I hate to tell you this but if adults want to go on holiday that's their choice, you don't control that. Thailand is a holiday destination and people will always travel here. Sniffles or no sniffles. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rangers said:

I hate to tell you this but if adults want to go on holiday that's their choice, you don't control that. Thailand is a holiday destination and people will always travel here. Sniffles or no sniffles. 

Drivel. You haven’t properly read my posts. They are in plain simple English. No interpretation or embellishment required. You introduce “ control” and “ sniffles”. Dismissed.

• Like 2