News Forum - Hungarian wanted overseas arrested in Bangkok, overstayed visa by 10 years

Thaiger

Thai Immigration police arrested a 48 year old Hungarian suspect who is wanted in his home country for alleged insurance fraud and has been staying in Thailand illegally for more than 10 years. Immigration police say the man is on 4,254 days overstay after entering Thailand in 2010 on a 60 day tourist visa. Officers say the man was arrested at a condominium on Phetchaburi Road in Bangkok after discovering that he was on a wanted list on the Hungarian police site. He is being prosecuted for overstay and will be sent back to Hungary where he faces charges for […]

The story Hungarian wanted overseas arrested in Bangkok, overstayed visa by 10 years as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

6 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

after discovering that he was on a wanted list on the Hungarian police site.

Who discovered that, plz?

And it is still just 20 k to pay on departure. What did these guy save alone on visa run and visa costs? 🙊

4 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Who discovered that, plz?

And it is still just 20 k to pay on departure. What did these guy save alone on visa run and visa costs? 🙊

Free Deportation back & Life Ban from returning ….

24 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

. Officers say the man was arrested at a condominium on Phetchaburi Road in Bangkok after discovering that he was on a wanted list

Surely that should be Liszt ..

• Haha 2

I'm always fascinated by these 5, 10, 15 year overstayers... How do they do it in for so long without having to prove status to someone (outside of immigration) for one reason or another... Unless they live like hermits. I mean, I go to Roi Et for 3 days and some policeman wants to see my passport 🤣

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Free Deportation back & Life Ban from returning ….

Free deportation?

Oh, you mean, Hungary is paying it, of course.

I assume that his money finished, anyway

7 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Free deportation?

Oh, you mean, Hungary is paying it, of course.

I assume that his money finished, anyway

Deporting Country must pay.

Thats one reason Thailand doesn’t do many long haul (air) deportations . Must cost around US$10k a throw…..

From Immy budget ! Shock, Horror…..

32 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Deporting Country must pay.

Thats one reason Thailand doesn’t do many long haul (air) deportations . Must cost around US$10k a throw…..

From Immy budget ! Shock, Horror…..

Really?

But in case it is not a wanted criminal in other countries, but  just an overstayer, they put them in custody pending deportation. Till they (can) show an airplane ticket an pay all the fine plus the daily rising "accommodation" costs?

Interesting!