News Forum - PM 2.5 air pollutant at high levels in many parts of Bangkok, surrounding provinces

Thaiger

This morning, fine dust of dangerous P.M level 2.5 covered many parts of Bangkok and surrounding provinces. The Pollution Control Department reports that particulate air levels range from 28-72 micrograms per cubic centimetre. The safe threshold for air dust is 50 micrograms per cubic centimetre. The PDC states that 41 areas have dust levels above this threshold. Bangkok’s air situation has been worsening since yesterday. While it’s expected to improve between tomorrow and Friday due to air movement, PCD predicts air will become stagnant again on Monday. In addition to several areas and districts of Bangkok Province, the PDC advises […]

The story PM 2.5 air pollutant at high levels in many parts of Bangkok, surrounding provinces as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

This morning, fine dust of dangerous P.M level 2.5 covered many parts of Bangkok and surrounding provinces.

Though the only Dangerous part of this is those that are out and about breaking the law, and not wearing a mask. 

6 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Though the only Dangerous part of this is those that are out and about breaking the law, and not wearing a mask. 

A lot of people out in their yards doing yard work or whatever they are not required to wear a mask I know I was cutting my grass earlier 

4 minutes ago, MikeW said:

they are not required to wear a mask

But may be prudent, as Pollution Control Department says the levels may be dangerous. Mask up, not only for COVID19 now, but for P.M level 2.5

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

At least now people actually do have a reason to wear a mask outside😜

11 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

But may be prudent, as Pollution Control Department says the levels may be dangerous. Mask up, not only for COVID19 now, but for P.M level 2.5

People there should wear a mask?

What type of mask, I wonder?

mask types.png

• Like 1