News Forum - Popular “sexpat” blogger Stickboy leaves Thailand over dead nightlife, restrictions

Thaiger

6 hours ago, samiam123 said:

So you are quite happy being paranoid with irrational fear and constantly not able to stand the thought of Thais maybe thinking you came here to chase around poor Thai girls (your words).  Best of luck with that. 👍

A truly happy guy. Who would have guessed you weren’t a mourners or whiner?

8 minutes ago, Vince said:

Sounds like good advice. 

Also sounds like he may be another victim of the negative internet black hole, filled with carefully curated 'news' about the impending end of the world, followed by reams of negativity, bickering and virtue signaling between alleged polar opposites in the Comment sections.

In reality, which increasingly eludes them, they aren't very much fun to be around.  Mismatched, unhappy marriages, language barrier, feelings of being used, unappreciated and trapped by circumstances, foments regret, resentment, isolation, and depression, often masked by lying about how happy and content they are, unlike the lowest of the low on the mostly imaginary expat social pecking order.   Alcohol and drug abuse can exacerbate this slow moving train wreck.

3 minutes ago, TWS60 said:

Also sounds like he may be another victim of the negative internet black hole, filled with carefully curated 'news' about the impending end of the world, followed by reams of negativity, bickering and virtue signaling between alleged polar opposites in the Comment sections.

In reality, which increasingly eludes them, they aren't very much fun to be around.  Mismatched, unhappy marriages, language barrier, feelings of being used, unappreciated and trapped by circumstances, foments regret, resentment, isolation, and depression, often masked by lying about how happy and content they are, unlike the lowest of the low on the mostly imaginary expat social pecking order.   Alcohol and drug abuse can exacerbate this slow moving train wreck.

Well, anything is possible :-) 

I think I said the monks advice was good. 

2022 is looking good already :-) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

I bet most have never been to his site. 

Only once maybe and realised that the guy had nothing useful to say, just one more degenerate  mongering his way around the City.

While sexpatting may not be my specific scene, I feel for anyone who's lost a favorite scene to this pandemic.  

As I look to return to Thailand for the first time since the pandemic, I keep wondering if some of the things I enjoyed last trip will be changed or gone. 

One thing I love in Thailand is the number of bars, and restaurants which hire live musicians, everything from traditional Thai styles to rock.   Live music just creates a special feel.   But with bars closed and restaurants with reduced seating and hours due to covid controls, I suspect fewer owners are hiring musicians. So I fear many musicians may have given up and moved on to other types of employment, thus the live music scene will never be the same.   

The gap between pretty girls dancing on a stage to musicians playing on one isn't so wide.   This pandemic has not been kind to any live experience. 

2 hours ago, TWS60 said:

Lol, you guys have taken my words out of context. 

I said I despise sexpats, because among many other things they create a lot of negative stereotypes on Thai’s people minds which then the rest of us have to bear. 

But obviously this doesn’t mean that my life revolves around this premise or that I care enough about it to let it interfere with my life. 

So obviously  , whenever it comes the time to discuss sexpats, I will be heavily against them. Just that. Same way I am heavily against anti-vaxxers, against anti maskers, against feminazis, etc etc… 

Its just a discussion in a forum to kill time when we’re bored, both from my side and from yours, which doesn’t matter and which will change nothing. Inferring from it that I’m not happy in Thailand makes 0 sense. 

Edited by ctxa

This pandemic has not been kind to any live experience. 

All of these things were made by people, not by a pandemic. I always say that I am not afraid of the virus - I am afraid of people who panic over the virus, who close airports, cancel flights, deny me entry to the country I visit, or simply close bars and shopping centers. People who have not learned anything in the last 2 years, who do not see that any restrictions do not reduce the number of infections, but cause enormous social and economic damage.

Isn't it funny how individual countries ban flights from countries where a new variant of the virus has appeared, and after a week this variant becomes dominant around the world?

Edited by stapoz
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, stapoz said:

Isn't it funny how individual countries ban flights from countries where a new variant of the virus has appeared, and after a week this variant becomes dominant around the world?

Yeah. Hysterical.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stapoz said:

All of these things were made by people, not by a pandemic. I always say that I am not afraid of the virus - I am afraid of people who panic over the virus, who close airports, cancel flights, deny me entry to the country I visit, or simply close bars and shopping centers. People who have not learned anything in the last 2 years, who do not see that any restrictions do not reduce the number of infections, but cause enormous social and economic damage.

They change the Kool-Aid flavour often. And most take it acceptingly. 

9 hours ago, LoongFred said:

A truly happy guy. Who would have guessed you weren’t a mourners or whiner?

They sound like a trainee for the Pattaya diving team to me.  Those were all "truly happy guys" too.

Edited by samiam123

28 minutes ago, samiam123 said:

They sound like a trainee for the Pattaya diving team to me.  Those were all "truly happy guys" too.

You're very kind, but you should mind your own health first. 

I'm sure it's much more likely you dying due to fifty different STDs, than me joining the Pattaya flying club. 

Cheers 🤞

Edited by ctxa

8 minutes ago, ctxa said:

You're very kind, but you should mind your own health first. 

I'm sure it's much more likely you die due to fifty different STDs, than me joining the Pattaya flying club. 

Cheers 🤞

You apparently don't realize that posting those stereotypes only re-affirms your western brainwashing and inability to cope outside of that.  I've seen it first hand many times and it usually doesn't end well.  

Edited by samiam123
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, samiam123 said:

You apparently don't realize that with each post you are re-affirming your western brainwashing.  

You apparently don't realize that with each post you look more and more like a rabid intolerant snowflake. 

Shame. 

You're brainwashed if you think you can change my mind, or even have the right to attempt to by writing disrespectful crap. I do me, you do you. 

You may as well go kiss a sexpat, I couldn't care less. I will continue hating on them, don't take it personal.

50 minutes ago, ctxa said:

You may as well go kiss a sexpat, I couldn't care less. I will continue hating on them, don't take it personal.

You clearly have some sort of obsession with 'sexpats' but at least we got to the truth.  Bringing all that western baggage with you, combined with little or no street sense, usually doesn't end well in Thailand.

Edited by samiam123

19 minutes ago, samiam123 said:

You clearly have some sort of obsession with 'sexpats' but at least we got to the truth.  Bringing all that western baggage with you, combined with little or no street sense, usually doesn't end well in Thailand.

Like I told you before, I don't come from the West. My parents are Westerners; Spaniards, but that's about it. I grew up in China since a pretty young age, so you saying I'm western brainwashed is beyond a joke. 

"Doesn't end well in Thailand", what do you mean? 

- Are you concerned I'm gonna join the Pattaya Flyers Club? If so, why are you so concerned about me? 

Or what do you mean? A fight with a sexpat? Like yourself? Don't worry man, I'm not into fights. 

Edited by ctxa

9 hours ago, samiam123 said:

Observed these types for years. Almost always doesn't pan out.

• 1 month later...

What a great loss for the Thailand entertainment sector. Despite the brain dead comments from people referring to the word "sexpat", Stickboy provided a valuable resource for people visiting Thailand who enjoyed the lights, hustle, bustle, and noise of the entertainment districts.

It is doubtful if there is anyone else with the in depth knowledge of the Bangkok nightlife scene, or the few individuals who control it. The loss of this knowledge will leave a gaping hole in the knowledge base on these individuals. A dangerous gaping hole. 

Mike was also largely responsible for the early identification and tracking of Shane Kenneth Looker, who was extradited to Thailand last year for the murder of Laxami Manochat. No doubt the same people making the brain dead comments about sexpats will label her as a whore. 

The pre-pandemic nightlife and allied industries was previously estimated to contribute up to six per cent of Thailand's GDP. 

To those bandying the word "sexpat" around and attempting to censor others with their loud voices, do as the Ukrainians told the Russian ship to do. It's probably the only pleasurable experience you'll have in your sad, distorted, montropic world. 

If you're concerned about the sex industry then focus your attention where the problem really is; Thai on Thai. The largest users (and abusers) of sex services in Thailand are Thais abusing Thais. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/19/2022 at 1:16 AM, Lyp14 [ctxa] said:

A sexpat is a sexpat. It doesn't matter if he has a blog, if he cracks nice jokes or what. And this article defined him as such, so that's all I need to know about him. 

1. (slang) One who engages in sex tourism. quotations ▼

Disgusting. 

I hate it when I agree with you. 

On 1/19/2022 at 8:59 AM, Lyp14 [ctxa] said:

To get shot? 

That's a bit of a myth, sure there are places in Mexico that aren't safe but mostly Mexico is a wonderful country with friendly helpful people. Though I have found that they are not so fond of Americans (they seem to think that Americans look down on them).... 

Off topic I know. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

That's a bit of a myth, sure there are places in Mexico that aren't safe but mostly Mexico is a wonderful country with friendly helpful people. Though I have found that they are not so fond of Americans (they seem to think that Americans look down on them).... 

Off topic I know. 

I don't think it's a myth when there is frequent shootings in two of their major tourist cities

I love Mexico, probably my favorite country to visit 

But when there are gun fights in some of the most popular restaurant in the most popular tourist town

You can't say it's "safe"

And it is deterioting rapidly 

3 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I don't think it's a myth when there is frequent shootings in two of their major tourist cities

I love Mexico, probably my favorite country to visit 

But when there are gun fights in some of the most popular restaurant in the most popular tourist town

You can't say it's "safe"

And it is deterioting rapidly 

Discussing this will get our comments deleted. I will just say that they have been saying that it's deteriorating for 30 years and I have not seen a difference. I have been a regular visitor to Acapulco and in spite of some isolated incidents it's reputation amongst mostly Americans is totally undeserved. There are far more shootings in the States on a daily basis. 

5 hours ago, Tim_Melb said:

Discussing this will get our comments deleted. I will just say that they have been saying that it's deteriorating for 30 years and I have not seen a difference. I have been a regular visitor to Acapulco and in spite of some isolated incidents it's reputation amongst mostly Americans is totally undeserved. There are far more shootings in the States on a daily basis. 

Tulum is probably the most popular destination in Mexico that last decade

Violence has escalated to the point that the army patrols beach rd in machine gun mounted trucks

Extremely popular restaurants have closed instead of paying bribe money to the cartels

Some of the biggest, well known and busy restaurants have been shot up 

And there has been a rash of shootings in hotels the hotel zone in Cancun this year

On 1/19/2022 at 1:00 AM, Vince said:

Well, I was joking, just like the comment about honeymooners. 

Prostitute dependent men - whether Japanese men in Japan or a Swede in Pattaya - are often socially shy people who lack confidence, but like everyone need human companionship. 

And the local Thais have "paid companions" (or even 'compensated dating' as it's sometimes referred to in Japan) so this seems like something you're against everyone doing (which is fine) or just overseas people ?

But just resenting lonely socially awkward foreign men for a vice Thais practice (possibly for the same reasons) seems unfair? 

If I could get rid of prostitution I would, but records of it go back to Enkidu and ancient Sumeria. I'm sure Sumerians were disgusted by Akkadian tourists who just came for the temple prostitutes and didn't bother to learn Sumerian or appreciate Sumerian culture. ;-) 

Thailand has always provided the best friends money can buy 😉😏

• Like 1