News Forum - Thailand News Update | Health Ministry to propose re-opening Test & Go

Thaiger

The Public Health Ministry says they’ll make a proposal to reopen registration for the Test & Go quarantine exemption scheme at this week’s CCSA meeting. The next CCSA general meeting, which is chaired by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha, is scheduled for Thursday.Registration for entry under the Test & Go program was closed following local fears over the Omicron variant in Thailand on December 21, but those who had previously registered have still been able to come to Thailand under the program. Test & Go allows vaccinated travellers to enter the country with just one night stay at an SHA+ hotel as they […]

The story Thailand News Update | Health Ministry to propose re-opening Test & Go as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The difficulty with manipulating Covid numbers, is that the rest of the world has experience with Omicron. And when we see these figures, we know they aren't true. So we're not fooled. If the Thai Government decides to reintroduce test and go, that's ok. But please don't think that your spin has fooled anybody. It's been know since the pandemic began, that Thailand has been very poor on testing. 

• Like 1

Hopefully they open the registration system before new arrivals can come.

However the bureaucrats never seem to consider how people actually behave.
Anyone making a late high season trip will be booking now for February and March and most people will want to book their flight, hotel, and Thailand Pass around the same time.  

I’ve seen 5 more businesses around me just close up for good within the last two weeks. Only the conglomerates will survive. Enough is enough. 

2 hours ago, Rain said:

One can only hope that they pick a program [whatever it is] and stay with it. 

Im surprised the "Trust Me Im Thai" slogan didnt stick way back in the day--I mean we all know this is the best representation of thai culture--esp for tourists!!

8 hours ago, JJJ said:

Anyone making a late high season trip will be booking now for February and March and most people will want to book their flight, hotel, and Thailand Pass around the same time. 

Don't they have to do them all at the same time anyway? I thought Thailand Pass requires a flight ticket and confirmed SHA+ hotel booking?

Personally i'm still thinking of visiting in March, so next week or two will be refreshing the newssites to see what they decide as once you set it all in motion you will lose money if it all goes tits up again.

Edited by FTF020
  • Like 1

Actually, if the Thai authorities are looking to please the business sector over everything else, they all might find it in their best interest to return to the original SOE/7-14 day quarantine program...which was in place for several months from early 2021.

Sure - expect to ruffle several feathers in the process accompanied with the usual moaning and whinging from the prospective entry level circles.....yet, will still receive a substantial number of tourists, travellers, business associations and returning expats/residents and whatnot. 

They won't like it, but will come around anyway. 

You might surprised as to the numbers that participated in this original entry program for most of 2021. 

2 hours ago, Rain said:

Actually, if the Thai authorities are looking to please the business sector over everything else, they all might find it in their best interest to return to the original SOE/7-14 day quarantine program...which was in place for several months from early 2021.

Sure - expect to ruffle several feathers in the process accompanied with the usual moaning and whinging from the prospective entry level circles.....yet, will still receive a substantial number of tourists, travellers, business associations and returning expats/residents and whatnot. 

They won't like it, but will come around anyway. 

You might surprised as to the numbers that participated in this original entry program for most of 2021. 

You obviously don't have a tourist related business or investment and have no thought for the many very hungry unemployed thais and their families!! It needs to be a balance and 7/14 day quarantine will not get the numbers. 

• Like 2

On 1/19/2022 at 3:12 AM, FTF020 said:

Don't they have to do them all at the same time anyway? I thought Thailand Pass requires a flight ticket and confirmed SHA+ hotel booking?

Personally i'm still thinking of visiting in March, so next week or two will be refreshing the newssites to see what they decide as once you set it all in motion you will lose money if it all goes tits up again.

Yes. You need to have flight and accommodation to register Thai Pass. I’m just saying that in November Thai Pass registration opened on November 1 which was also the first day you could theoretically arrive.

So if arrivals can restart say February 1 my point is just that you should be able to register now. I have doubts any govt officials think about that. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JJJ said:

Yes. You need to have flight and accommodation to register Thai Pass. I’m just saying that in November Thai Pass registration opened on November 1 which was also the first day you could theoretically arrive.

So if arrivals can restart say February 1 my point is just that you should be able to register now. I have doubts any govt officials think about that. 

Ah yeah I see what you meant. And surprise surprise, turns out that's exactly the case from what i've read so far today :D

On 1/18/2022 at 2:12 AM, Jason said:

The difficulty with manipulating Covid numbers, is that the rest of the world has experience with Omicron. And when we see these figures, we know they aren't true. So we're not fooled. If the Thai Government decides to reintroduce test and go, that's ok. But please don't think that your spin has fooled anybody. It's been know since the pandemic began, that Thailand has been very poor on testing. 

Testing everyone with a sniffle is an albatross or even red herring. 

A high case positivity rate means very little, costs you lots of money, and scares people.

High risk individuals who might need more treatment (COVID pill), should be tested. 

Healthy low risk people? Not so much. 

These are just useless numbers from EVERY country. You think China and India and Brazil have accurate numbers? No way.