Jump to content

News Forum - Senior Thai doctor says Covid-19 could lead to long term side effects


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

A Covid-19 infection could cause long-term side effects in people after they have recovered, including fatigue and cognitive impairment, according to a top doctor at the Chulalongkorn University’s Faculty of Medicine. The doctor, Thira Woratanarat, analysed over 80 research works of Covid survivors. These long-term side effects, known as “long Covid,” can even impact people who are not were never hospitalised for Covid. Adults are three times more likely to develop these long-term side effects than children, and women are three times more likely to develop them than men. One-third of people with long Covid need monitoring of their symptoms […]

The story Senior Thai doctor says Covid-19 could lead to long term side effects as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Briljant  scientist he could ask every 14 year old from europe they talk about that for more then a year now maybe he just wake up from his nap

  • Like 3
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

Briljant  scientist he could ask every 14 year old from europe they talk about that for more then a year now maybe he just wake up from his nap

Exactly: shock, horror, water really is wet!😂!

It's far from just about how mild Omicron is, and how much less likely you are to die.

If the "95% aren't hospitalised or serious" with Omicron is correct, that still leaves 5% or 1 in 20 that are serious who need hospital treatment - and for many, the effects are long term.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another covid concern.Sorry I got enough on my plate. If anybody wants my share , you are welcome to it!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It must have taken a year for him to read all those research papers and come to the conclusion everyone else had about 6 months ago. Slow but sure. It works for some I guess. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

"No time to die!"

Reportedly "only" some 0.5% of those with Omicron die, against 5% who have serious symptoms.

So if "only" half the country get Omicron this year, that's "only" 175,000 who'll die this year in Thailand if not fully vaxxed and fully boosted.

  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

A Covid-19 infection could cause long-term side effects in people after they have recovered, including fatigue and cognitive impairment, according to a top doctor at the Chulalongkorn University’s Faculty of Medicine. The doctor, Thira Woratanarat, analysed over 80 research works of Covid survivors. These long-term side effects, known as “long Covid,” can even impact people who are not were never hospitalised for Covid. Adults are three times more likely to develop these long-term side effects than children, and women are three times more likely to develop them than men. One-third of people with long Covid need monitoring of their symptoms […]

The story Senior Thai doctor says Covid-19 could lead to long term side effects as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Indeed. I recall the Buddha saying something about Life being slightly unpleasant, or something like that. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, whitesnake said:

"No time to die!"

98.6 percentile - of the last two years - should've been a clue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been speaking here for several days about this study.

Even asymptomatic COVID is deleterious.

You have to make sure you don't catch it.

There is also a 'COVID Long' study, it is a disabling disease.

COVID is not just a question of reception capacity, the number of people in intensive care (the reds in Thailand)

 

https://academic.oup.com/eurheartj/advance-article/doi/10.1093/eurheartj/ehab914/6499078

  • Angry 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone even slightly interested in Covid knew about LC at least a year ago, but now 80 research works have finally been validated!

What's next? An senior mathematician giving their backing to the presumed truth of the conjecture that 1+1=2?

I get how this article/the source is trying to counter-balance the indubitably good figures of late in order to prevent complacency, but it's hard to see how it can have any significant effect.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A Covid-19 infection could cause long-term side effects in people after they have recovered, including fatigue and cognitive impairment, according to a top doctor at the Chulalongkorn University’s Faculty of Medicine. The doctor, Thira Woratanarat, analysed over 80 research works of Covid survivors. These long-term side effects, known as “long Covid,” can even impact people who are not were never hospitalised for Covid. Adults are three times more likely to develop these long-term side effects than children, and women are three times more likely to develop them than men. One-third of people with long Covid need monitoring of their symptoms […]

The story Senior Thai doctor says Covid-19 could lead to long term side effects as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This is old news people. Did this doctor just turn on the TV and see the news from the beginning of last year? Come on Thaiger highlighting some doctor that wants to look knowledgeable but says nothing is a waste of time.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Fanta said:

About time doctors got access to Google Translate. 

As well as a good few here 😯.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, vvdb.fr said:

I have been speaking here for several days about this study.

Even asymptomatic COVID is deleterious.

You have to make sure you don't catch it.

There is also a 'COVID Long' study, it is a disabling disease.

COVID is not just a question of reception capacity, the number of people in intensive care (the reds in Thailand)

https://academic.oup.com/eurheartj/advance-article/doi/10.1093/eurheartj/ehab914/6499078

This is based on old data (as of December 2021 according to the article) and likely the majority of cases were Delta. Omicron has transformed Into essentially a rhinovirus. Hopefully more recent data looking at the new variant will have less deleterious effects, affecting the organs less. In regards to avoiding catching it. We can slow transmission so that less people are infected at the same time. However as infectious as omicron is, There is no avoiding it. Everyone on earth will be infected at some point it’s not a question of if it’s a question of when. Omicron is as or more contagious than the measles, making it the most transmissible respiratory disease ever to exist. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It also could not.  Pointless conjecture since everybody still alive will eventually get it anyway, there's no escaping that unless you live the rest of your life in isolation.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, vvdb.fr said:

I have been speaking here for several days about this study.

Even asymptomatic COVID is deleterious.

You have to make sure you don't catch it.

There is also a 'COVID Long' study, it is a disabling disease.

COVID is not just a question of reception capacity, the number of people in intensive care (the reds in Thailand)

https://academic.oup.com/eurheartj/advance-article/doi/10.1093/eurheartj/ehab914/6499078

I'll add it, along with traffic death and high cholesterol, to things to worry about. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the world become unsafe to live, every human as a part of thinking process put first the covid as a first process and this process keeps running as a back ground function.

This back ground function any day will take as foreground function and that is day human race will start diminishing from this world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Ksmui said:

This is based on old data (as of December 2021 according to the article) and likely the majority of cases were Delta. Omicron has transformed Into essentially a rhinovirus. Hopefully more recent data looking at the new variant will have less deleterious effects, affecting the organs less. In regards to avoiding catching it. We can slow transmission so that less people are infected at the same time. However as infectious as omicron is, There is no avoiding it. Everyone on earth will be infected at some point it’s not a question of if it’s a question of when. Omicron is as or more contagious than the measles, making it the most transmissible respiratory disease ever to exist. 

there are currently two outbreaks simultaneously Delta and Omicron. pay attention to the effects of the figures expressed in %. Delta remains high. 10% of 300,000 is 30,000 for example in France. your claim about Omicron "a cold" remains to be verified... the deleterious effect on asymptomatic Delta patients is very troubling as it is counter-intuitive. If it applies to Omicron even in smaller proportions, these are larger volumes than Delta. I am confident in a vaccine with an approach other than the spike.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paranoia and many other mental issues we can seen as side effects of covid even without catching the virus. And what will happen to this keyboard warriors maniacs when covid becoming endemic now? They need to spread paranoia and they need to advertise to lock up all people. I recomment to send this insane covid maniacs to China there they can enjoy the absolute insane

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Ksmui said:

Omicron has transformed Into essentially a rhinovirus. 

Sorry, but that's absolutely NOT correct at all.

A lot of common colds are rhinoviruses, but around 20% are Coronaviruses and that is what the Omicron variant is closer to.

The danger, though, isn't just higher transmissibility but is the  chance of more variants given more hosts where they can develop - variants don't always get milder, as shown by Delta.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Sorry, but that's absolutely NOT correct at all.

A lot of common colds are rhinoviruses, but around 20% are Coronaviruses and that is what the Omicron variant is closer to.

The danger, though, isn't just higher transmissibility but is the  chance of more variants given more hosts where they can develop - variants don't always get milder, as shown by Delta.

OK I stand corrected in regards to coronavirus however the characteristics of the Omicron are that it generally lives in the nasal area rather than the chest as Delta did. The likelihood of SARS-COV2 having another variant is becoming less and less likely due to the pervasiveness and transmissibility of Omicron. Omicron Will likely have infected every possible host, unless they are living in isolation (true isolation), by mid spring. At least this is according to the data that I am seeing. SARS Covid two well then become a seasonal endemic virus similar to the other coronaviruses. This is actually very good news.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, vvdb.fr said:

there are currently two outbreaks simultaneously Delta and Omicron. pay attention to the effects of the figures expressed in %. Delta remains high. 10% of 300,000 is 30,000 for example in France. your claim about Omicron "a cold" remains to be verified... the deleterious effect on asymptomatic Delta patients is very troubling as it is counter-intuitive. If it applies to Omicron even in smaller proportions, these are larger volumes than Delta. I am confident in a vaccine with an approach other than the spike.

I’m looking at data from the UK, and the United States in which 95+ percent of all Covid cases are Omicron as of today. The deaths due to Covid now are remaining Delta cases from December including those that are immunocompromise and or have underlying conditions. I’m not sure of the ratio in Thailand and or France. The other thing to consider is that omicron is spreading so quickly that there is likely a data lag. Additionally, a high percentage of people that have Omicron  do not even bother testing or presenting in any clinical setting. They merely think it’s just a cold. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use