News Forum - Bang for Your Baht: Where to shop till you drop in Bangkok

Thaiger

Bangkok is known the world over as a shopping mecca. From its countless, colourful night markets indulging the bargain hunter’s dream to the glitz and glamour of upscale shopping malls — which one is the best for you? We understand that travellers might be dazed by the maze of Bangkok’s shopping craze, with the sheer amount of options seemingly tempting you to spend your baht on every corner. That’s where Pete steps in to rescue you from your consumer conundrum and help you find the best bang for your baht. He’s curated this list of Bangkok’s best shopping malls, for […]

The story Bang for Your Baht: Where to shop till you drop in Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

What's your take?

I'm just wondering if you've ever been to Bangkok ... or anywhere else if you think "Bangkok is known the world over as a shopping mecca".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Stonker said:

I'm just wondering if you've ever been to Bangkok ... or anywhere else if you think "Bangkok is known the world over as a shopping mecca".

That would be Pete. 

I bet that tourists and newbies by the act.

Iconsiam made me realise how poor I was with high end motor vehicles that I might be able to buy a wheel nut or two only.

Platinum Mall is great for the ladies, wife loves the place, my wallet doesn't.  Think the suitcase sellers do a big trade too.

For me, not air conditioned and glamourous, my  local 20 baht shop beats most of those places price wise and 100 metres further on Monday and Thursdays we have a huge country market for food, clothes etc.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Bangkok is known the world over as a shopping mecca. From its countless, colourful night markets indulging the bargain hunter’s dream to the glitz and glamour of upscale shopping malls — which one is the best for you? We understand that travellers might be dazed by the maze of Bangkok’s shopping craze, with the sheer amount of options seemingly tempting you to spend your baht on every corner. That’s where Pete steps in to rescue you from your consumer conundrum and help you find the best bang for your baht. He’s curated this list of Bangkok’s best shopping malls, for […]

I really enjoy shopping in some of these malls especially with Thailand's own local designers. I enjoy more shopping in night markets like Rot Fai Ratchada Night Market shopping for vintage and interesting little gadgets and stuff. 👍  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HiuMak said:

I really enjoy shopping in some of these malls especially with Thailand's own local designers. I enjoy more shopping in night markets like Rot Fai Ratchada Night Market shopping for vintage and interesting little gadgets and stuff. 👍  

Terminal 21 has a cool section that is all small local designers 

Some really nice boutiques for woman clothes as well as some cool t-shirt shops 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

"Bang for Your Baht"

Thought you were going to inform us of all the eye-candy to be seen around BKK malls ... if I were still as young and handsome as you NCC, I'd be hanging around the Siam BTS skywalk at lunchtime. 😛

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rain said:

That would be Pete. 

The idea that even tourists and newbies come to Bangkok as a "shopping mecca" to shop in these places is just wierd.😂. TITT.

3 hours ago, Rain said:

That would be Pete. 

That bit was in the intro, which Pete didn't write.

Edited by TravellingThaiGerrr

9 hours ago, Stonker said:

Noted, thank you.

21 minutes ago, TravellingThaiGerrr said:

That bit was in the intro, which Pete didn't write.

21 minutes ago, TravellingThaiGerrr said:

Noted, thank you.

Well, if you're 'Pete' it's your name at the top!

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

Well, if you're 'Pete' it's your name at the top!

Well that's what an intro is for. Pete doesn't speak of himself in the third person. :-)

Not a huge fan of platinum fashion mall, low quality clothes for high prices, the clothes on shopee is 5-10x cheaper and the same or better in quality. 
Stores like H&M has clothes priced the same as platinum fashion mall which are higher in quality too 

I like Siam paragon/central world more than central embassy/chidlom. They seem to have more stores, restaurants & things to do. 

• Like 1