News Forum - Swedish man enjoying a beer on Pattaya Beach files police report after being slapped, threatened by Thai men

Thaiger

3 hours ago, 23RD said:

1. Where does it say he wasn't intoxicated?.

2. If you'd lived in Pattaya as long as me you'd know Pattaya Beach at night is the last resort a very common haunt for alcoholic Falang. 

Agreed , it’s far from desirable to sit there at night 

yes nice walk if you keep moving 

low joint to sit and get waisted , I’m 52 and look 10 years younger then him 

look how he dresses look at beer belly he is far from healthy a dead set drinker 

Drunks in Sydney are a avoid at all cost no diff on Pattaya beach social backward 

Edited by Markwick
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, yetanother said:

stuff we need to know, thanks to thaiger for reporting it,

this all presumes it is true (why o why would he lie ?)

hope they (BIB) make an honest attempt and  catch them

Pattaya Flying club jumpers! knife attacking shoplifting mom's! drunks picking fights! at least it's better than Baby Shark Song Press Releases in my opinion !?

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/baby-shark-makes-history-with-10-billion-youtube-views

Unsafe in the night out at beaches, still this place is not improved yet to safety standards, leave alone thailand in most countries this is the same situation to their own country men, foreigners are easy targets.

14 minutes ago, kalyan said:

Unsafe in the night out at beaches, still this place is not improved yet to safety standards, leave alone thailand in most countries this is the same situation to their own country men, foreigners are easy targets.

Yes, of course. Safety standards. 

This would be the miserable standards as found in: 

New York?

London?

Paris?

Sydney? 

Toronto? 

6 hours ago, 1l1 said:

Say what?! Why don't you claim to arrest somebody immediately and sentence to a sex reassignment surgery, like you always do based on first impression? Now the story is not enough for you to judge? Need more evidences? 

Be consistent and uncompromisingness or just admit that you are russian swedish biased 😆

Sorry, my Google translate failed to help me with that little curiosity.

6 hours ago, vlad said:

A young Thai Jealous cos a farang was sitting on the beach with a beer and the thai couldnt afford 1 more likely.  Lone farang easy target for these louts. Same outcome wont be found not enough evidence. 

I just can't see that.

The two Thais apparently weren't together and not in a group, it wasn't that late, and what's left of the beach is reasonably well lit and at that time (between ten and eleven at night) it would still have a fair number of people even now.

I think it's more likely  they were hacked off with farangs being constantly unmasked, as he apparently was, and an altercation / altercations took place over that.

It's hardly surprising many Thais have had enough of so many foreigners openly abusing the rules on mask wearing, particularly in Pattaya and Phuket, and if he just ignored or didn't understand being told to put his mask on, either by them or by others before them, then tempers could have got frayed in a re-run of the Swede in the Safari World incident.

It doesn't matter if the rules on masks are right or wrong, but most Thais obey them and apparently most foreigners in Pattaya and Phuket don't, and my guess would be that's what this was about.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I just can't see that.

The two Thais apparently weren't together and not in a group, it wasn't that late, and what's left of the beach is reasonably well lit and at that time (between ten and eleven at night) it would still have a fair number of people even now.

I think it's more likely  they were hacked off with farangs being constantly unmasked, as he apparently was, and an altercation / altercations took place over that.

It's hardly surprising many Thais have had enough of so many foreigners openly abusing the rules on mask wearing, particularly in Pattaya and Phuket, and if he just ignored or didn't understand being told to put his mask on, either by them or by others before them, then tempers could have got frayed in a re-run of the Swede in the Safari World incident.

It doesn't matter if the rules on masks are right or wrong, but most Thais obey them and apparently most foreigners in Pattaya and Phuket don't, and my guess would be that's what this was about.

Heh.....the old fart probably had it comin' anyway. 

13 hours ago, Rain said:

Perhaps, the Thai lads in question don't like Farang. 🤔

Which might be hard to fathom, as everyone likes Farang - they've done everything for the world to make it perfect. 🤫

F

13 hours ago, Rain said:

Perhaps, the Thai lads in question don't like Farang. 🤔

Which might be hard to fathom, as everyone likes Farang - they've done everything for the world to make it perfect. 🤫

For sure more popular than Mainland Chinese in Thailand.

28 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I just can't see that.

You should take your medics!

1 hour ago, Rain said:

Yes, of course. Safety standards. 

This would be the miserable standards as found in: 

New York?

London?

Paris?

Sydney? 

Toronto? 

Sorry, crime is only found in Thailand, which is not safe at all.

Foreigners are picked on and robbed double!!! 

If you are a local they only rob you once.

Total racism. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

But there is no need to resort to violence, they can just report to the police if indeed it is an offence to drink at the beach. 

Who knows what had happened before?

Maybe a number of passers-by had asked him to mask up and he'd ignored them, or not understood and appeared to ignore them, and these two had seen it and had enough?

Maybe their wives / girlfriends had been amongst those ignored?

Farang tourists may be few and far between, but they're very clearly not winning many friends at the moment.

15 hours ago, alex12345 said:

Are you allowed to drink a beer on Pattaya beach?  It seems to me these guys thought he couldn't and they are the Thai  people and as there were two of them apparently separate men, he probably did something. Thats the reality Pattaya or not Thai people rarely seek confrontation its just not cultural.

Maybe he pointed his feet at them while they walked by? :-) 

If you been here long enough you know that only the outside of the thai people is nice inside they filed with jeloursy and hate they can not stand somebody got something and they have not about the mask i see many thai on beachroad not wear a mask also for sure its not the whole story but blindly defend the thai if one start fight and and a other one see and see the farang is alone he get more strong and love to pick a fight its the land of smile but only on the outside i be here over 25 years most of them are not that nice 

3 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

If you been here long enough you know that only the outside of the thai people is nice inside they filed with jeloursy and hate they can not stand somebody got something and they have not about the mask i see many thai on beachroad not wear a mask also for sure its not the whole story but blindly defend the thai if one start fight and and a other one see and see the farang is alone he get more strong and love to pick a fight its the land of smile but only on the outside i be here over 25 years most of them are not that nice 

Maybe it's khing ko ra kha ko raeng ?

Both sides are drunk and no one wants to back down? 

4 minutes ago, Prosaap said:

Thats possible to i wish taiger follow  up on the story so we find out

I agree. We need Natty or Jay or Jett out there on the street, getting us the latest info on drunken brawls! 

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2022 at 8:00 PM, Paco said:

exactly you beat me to it

I have to say, it always makes me smile when I read such comments about the Thais not seeking confrontation. Thailand has a murder rate twice that of the UK although half the rate of the US. It’s has one of the highest rates of private gun ownership in the world. Then of course one of the highest road death rates in the world brought on by aggressive and confrontational driving. Yet somehow, through propaganda and the “Land of Smile” strap line. They convince people they are non confrontational and placid people. Sorry I don’t buy it. Thais are not better or worse than every other country. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 9:45 PM, 23RD said:

So by his own admission he was intoxicated on Pattaya Beach that's the end off story right there.

What really happened and what he believes happened after a few large bottles of Chang are most likely two different scenarios.

I didn't see anything in the report about him being intoxicated. He said he was 'drinking beer', no indication of how many he had drunk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mazz11 said:

no indication of how many he had drunk

By his own admission he had been drinking what's you indication he wasn't drunk?

On 3/24/2022 at 1:16 PM, 23RD said:

By his own admission he had been drinking what's you indication he wasn't drunk?

As there is no mention of him being intoxicated in the in the article, I form the opinion that he wasn't intoxicated. If someone says that they had consumed an alcoholic beverage, this is not an admission to being drunk.

If the article had stated that he had consumed a large quantity of beer or that he was drunk or intoxicated my opinion would be completely different.

My point is that you have made an assumption without any evidence. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mazz11 said:

My point is that you have made an assumption without any evidence. 

I think the legal term is presidence in my 10 years of living very close to Pattaya Beach Road the presidence would be most Falang consuming alcoholic beverage on Pattaya Beach  Road at that time of night tend to be plastered.

Edited by 23RD

3 minutes ago, 23RD said:

I think the legal term is presidense in my 10 years of living very close to Pattaya Beach Road the presidense would be most Falang consuming alcoholic beverage on Pattaya Beach  Road at that time of night tend to be plastered.

So this man who has been assaulted is deemed to be at fault and created his own demise due to your assumption because you have seen other people drunk in the same area at around the same time of night on other occasions.

I would hope that you are not a member of the judiciary as everyone will be guilty of something due to others actions at some time in a similar location sometime in the past.

Precedence can be used in a court of law but evidence is required to prove guilt, precedence is not enough.

If you said 'in my opinion he was probably drunk end of story' we wouldn't be having this discussion. But you stated that he was drunk as if that was a fact. It's not a fact, maybe a probability but not a fact because there was no evidence in the story to prove it.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mazz11 said:

So this man who has been assaulted is deemed to be at fault and created his own demise due to your assumption because you have seen other people drunk in the same area at around the same time of night on other occasions.

This Man allegedly assaulted who by his own admission had consumed alcoholic beverages.

Presidence: I've been in the same area many time at night over the last 10 years and never been assaulted by a Thai (maybe because I'm 17st bald ugly and heavily tattooed).

29 minutes ago, Mazz11 said:

If you said 'in my opinion he was probably drunk end of story' we wouldn't be having this discussion. But you stated that he was drunk as if that was a fact.

Presidence: I  live very close to this area and have never witnessed a Falang getting assaulted for no apparent reason by a local In my vast experience the local population of the said areas are very tolerant. 

Now  Mazz are you hoing to tell me your a regular Beach Road dweller?

Edited by 23RD

2 off-topic petty argumentative posts removed.  Any further transgressions may result in a holiday ...  perhaps to Ukraine, on a one way ticket?🥴

• Like 1