News Forum - Flying to or around Thailand on a Budget? Consider These Low-Cost Airlines

Thaiger

Thailand is an ideal country to travel to on a budget, especially when it comes to booking flights. Slightly bigger than Spain, flying cross country is a breeze, ensuring short flights and cheap prices. Meanwhile, Thailand’s central location makes it the perfect launching pad for exploring Southeast Asia, with neighbouring Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam to the east and Myanmar to the west. You can also easily book cheap flights to the other countries on the souther peninsula — Malaysia and Singapore — while Indonesia is but a stone’s throw away. Located in the centre of the country, Bangkok is the […]

The story Flying to or around Thailand on a Budget? Consider These Low-Cost Airlines as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

With all due respect, article has missed a big research. Pre-covid Thai lion was actually the second biggest in Thailand. Nok air wasn't even half fleet size or network connectivity to that of Thai Lion air.  I am a huge thaiger fan but need to put in the work to research or connect with someone who has expertise in that topic.

Another big player not mentioned Thai Vietjet and they are bigger than NOK aswell. So NOK does not even stand in top 5 Low cost carrier in Thailand.

Do better research next time.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

One of them in there I refuse to fly as they can or have a tendency to gouge you to high holy crapioli as a penalty or extra charge. Super cramped seats and a format that I just do not like, but they do have the hottest cabin hostesses. This article is lacking real advice and true info one needs to know all the facts. What about Vietjet?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

One of them in there I refuse to fly as they can or have a tendency to gouge you to high holy crapioli as a penalty or extra charge. Super cramped seats and a format that I just do not like, but they do have the hottest cabin hostesses. This article is lacking real advice and true info one needs to know all the facts. What about Vietjet?

Thanks for your suggestion! Which airlines were you referring to?

10 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I've never flowing Vietjet but they don't get good reviews

They seem to cancel a lot of flights that aren't full

But I think KaptainRob has flown them and liked them

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TravellingThaiGerrr said:

Thanks for your suggestion! Which airlines were you referring to?

I assume he is talking about Air Asia

I personally love Air Asia

The planes are new and always nice 

The food to buy on board is very good

And the seats are narrow but if you pay the small fee for premium seats, very few people do, so you are upfront with very few sitting near you 

But you do need to boom your luggage in advance or they will gouge you big time 

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

10 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Just curious, so I can avoid being made uncomfortable by hot cabin hostesses, no wait I mean being over-charged, which one would that be? :-D  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

And the seats are narrow but if you pay the small fee for premium seats, very few people do, so you are upfront with very few sitting near you 

What does 'boom' luggage mean?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vince said:

What does 'boom' luggage mean?

Sorry book your luggage 

You need to book and pay for your luggage online before check-in.

If you wait to do it at check-in, they charge a ridiculous amount 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Sorry book your luggage 

You need to book and pay for your luggage online before check-in.

If you wait to do it at check-in, they charge a ridiculous amount 

Ah OK. What is ridiculous amount? 

On a Thaigher broadcast Jay was mentioned as having been dinged 50% of his ticket price in luggage penalty fees for excessive weight on a local flight. 

So, something like that? 

49 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I believe he is thinking of Nok Airways there air crew are mainly under 5-5 stunners in there yellow uniform.

• Cool 1

thai smile and nok air are both linked to the disgraced national carrier.might be worth taking into consideration before making a forward booking.

On 1/17/2022 at 1:38 PM, Gman said:

With all due respect, article has missed a big research. Pre-covid Thai lion was actually the second biggest in Thailand. Nok air wasn't even half fleet size or network connectivity to that of Thai Lion air.  I am a huge thaiger fan but need to put in the work to research or connect with someone who has expertise in that topic.

Another big player not mentioned Thai Vietjet and they are bigger than NOK aswell. So NOK does not even stand in top 5 Low cost carrier in Thailand.

Do better research next time.

Thanks for that. You seem like an expert yourself. Welcome to submit.

Might as well be a paid advertisement... Flying domestically is bad enough, but doable. International travel... Nah, not now. It's not even about cheap or not cheap, it's about restrictions at every turn and the endless cancellations...

On 1/18/2022 at 12:03 AM, Marc26 said:

I like Vietjet and never had problems with them even flying them to Saigon or just domestic here. So it's not them that I hate.

On 1/18/2022 at 12:09 AM, Vince said:

Just curious, so I can avoid being made uncomfortable by hot cabin hostesses, no wait I mean being over-charged, which one would that be? :-D  

Unfortuntaley saying it out right is not a choice with the defamation laws here. But it is not a real Thailand airline.

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2022 at 5:49 AM, Cathat said:

thai smile and nok air are both linked to the disgraced national carrier.might be worth taking into consideration before making a forward booking.

wasn't that many  years ago?

On 1/17/2022 at 5:06 PM, Marc26 said:

I use them when flying from Phuket to Malaysia, for a few quid extra you can have an  emergency exit seat in the middle of the plane and have all the extra leg room and usually all three seats to yourself. 

8 hours ago, Charlie said:

wasn't that many  years ago?

I have not heard of any recent major changes in the share holders of these companies so as far as i am aware they are still linked to the disgraced national carrier.

Edited by Cathat

3 hours ago, JamesR said:

I use them when flying from Phuket to Malaysia, for a few quid extra you can have an  emergency exit seat in the middle of the plane and have all the extra leg room and usually all three seats to yourself. 

We always pay for the upfront seats

And they are usually not booked

So we have plenty of room