Lazada/K Bank & Foreign Bank Credit Card Denials

D-Boy

A social media topic appears to be gaining momentum, and to this point overlooked.  Lazada and their credit card verification partner K Bank, are causing numerous complaints regarding major foreign bank credit card denials.  Customers are going in circles are getting no resolution, just scripted responses.  Demands for confidential data, questioning the foreign banks' security system (3D - the most modern in the world - which is in-place) and alternative pay methods (COD) are delay tactics.  Lots of frustrated people.

1 hour ago, D-Boy said:

A social media topic appears to be gaining momentum, and to this point overlooked.  Lazada and their credit card verification partner K Bank, are causing numerous complaints regarding major foreign bank credit card denials.  Customers are going in circles are getting no resolution, just scripted responses.  Demands for confidential data, questioning the foreign banks' security system (3D - the most modern in the world - which is in-place) and alternative pay methods (COD) are delay tactics.  Lots of frustrated people.

Yea they did this to me too, as well as Grab, horrible software engineer running their software.

It reminds me of PayPal but 10x worse

Anyways to resolve the Lazada issue, you have to email their support team, provide pictures of passport/id and the physical credit card with a few numbers blocked and they re-activate your account/allow you to use your card. I guess fraud is a big deal here.

Shopee on the other hand doesn't even allow you to enter a foreign credit card (at least in my case)

With grab, they made a recent update that made it impossible for me to use my card, am still emailing them regarding it. Says I need a credit card with a OTP. I've had 2 other occasions my Grab account not allowing my credit card to be used, had to email them and they eventually resolved it, hoping this time is no different as Grab is pretty essential and their prices are a lot cheaper than competitors.

Pretty foolish if you ask me, they've effectively eliminated all market share from foreigners by doing this. 

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

as Grab is pretty essential and their prices are a lot cheaper than competitors.

Grab, Facebook, twitter, phone, email,etc etc.  Life would be useless without all these essentials.😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, palooka said:

Grab, Facebook, twitter, phone, email,etc etc.  Life would be useless without all these essentials.😂

Grab covers food and transportation 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Grab covers food and transportation 

Ah big city life.

Where I live, you drive everywhere and cook your own food, bone chicken at the village street food vendor just isn't for me.  Friend has a restaurant about 10 kms away which I visit once a week for a steak.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 5:36 PM, palooka said:

It sounds petty from a tourist or westerner maybe but I believe bonafide working class people - even Thais - use some or all of these things just to survive and feed their families. 

• Like 1