News Forum - Can you protest in Thailand as a foreigner?

Thaiger

13 hours ago, Rain said:

Probably because they understand how you really see them. 

Comes around

Talking about the government not the thai population they do like I am a Thai..  but how can you know if you in a tourist city... :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paco said:

I do not have a choice I have nothing in my home country last place I want to be

……. But You have over 200 other countries to chose from …. If they will have you. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

……. But You have over 200 other countries to chose from …. If they will have you. 

Not really. He's very privileged and expects special treatment and will complain no matter where he is. Voting with his feet won't work because everywhere is bad when it starts with you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Faraday said:

Are you daft then?

He forgot that most have often family or are from a mixed family and have 2 homelands but most of the family live in Thailand. I guess most of the foreigners are here have family, wifes or a business or work here. He should write then tourists or retirees without a family or wifes here otherwise his comment is worthless.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jason said:

You can't protest as a member here, let alone as a foreigner in Thailand!! WHen I come to Thailand, I am a guest in a foreign country, so I respect their laws and customs. when in Rome....do as a Roman.

Romans crucified people and threw unwanted babies on the tarpien rock, not all cultures are equal or worthy of respect. We are 'Aliens' officially, not guests

Edited by Sarisin

34 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Obviously a true statement of fact.  

For sure not! They should inform themself first they not represent in any way the foreigners in Thailand. 90% of the foreigners are working , have a business or company in Thailand and many of them also their families here, then take away from the rest of the 10% the English retirees or long term tourists without a wife, family, children or relatives in Thaland this are maybe 1 or 2% but they think they are the majority and representive but also the loudest. They also not realize that the majority of foreigners are from non english speaking countries. If they would watch Thai tv/ soaps they would wondering how much of these actresses and actors are from mixed families. Even if you explain them their backrounds their eyes cannot see it. It is astouning that they think their own backrounds in Thailand is the majority or common.

37 minutes ago, Stardust said:

90% of the foreigners are working , have a business or company i

You have come up with this un evidenced statement before, it was nonsense then and its nonsense now. You make sweeping statements that make no sense and for which there is no evidence, but I guess that those of us who are better informed, and less biased, can just ignore them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, moose65 said:

Ta answer the OP'S question.

YES you defiantly can go out onto the streets and protest.

at least once.

That will go straight over many heads. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

You have come up with this un evidenced statement before, it was nonsense then and its nonsense now. You make sweeping statements that make no sense and for which there is no evidence, but I guess that those of us who are better informed, and less biased, can just ignore them. 

For sure Aseans, Europeans, India, etc are the much more then them. And yes everybody who lives, born, understand Thai, work in Thailand kniws that and by the way this is no secrects this statistics. This shows the ignorance of this people they claim they know better Thailand than the people who born and raise there but not even can understand Thai and for sure they haven claim they are more than the ones from neoghbouring countries. Maybe you should enter any company or construction side in Thailand to understand any reality of Thailand. That you need a evidence for somesthing that is a common knowledge in Thailand shows me all and need no further discussions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Faraday said:

"Coming to you live, from the other forum!"

What's next ....?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Surely this: "Can I have a dump without a work permit?"

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

From the 3,9 million foreigners in Thailand and are 200 000 of them retirees, extended tourists, short time workers all together. This is the statistic of Thailand! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stardust said:

From the 3,9 million foreigners in Thailand and are 200 000 of them retirees, extended tourists, short time workers all together. This is the statistic of Thailand! 

Oh and I forgot the 200 000 are all together from all nations not only  english speaking countries!

• Like 1

Even if you legally could the unwritten rule for decades was and still is: You're a Guest here, keep out of politcs. Amen. If you don't like it go home to your own country and demonstrate there. Good luck.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stardust said:

This shows the ignorance of this people they claim they know better Thailand than the people who born and raise there

I don't want to be too insulting, but western  peoples, educated and working outside of Thailand, in the wider World community, in almost every facet of life,  are, in the main,  better educated, informed, flexible in thinking, logical, aware, knowledgably and expert than Thais.  Thais , as a general rule and taking into account the whole population, not just the urban elite, do not know much about their own country, history, geography and technical expertise ( or lack of it) in the wider world. Believe me, they have a lot of catching up to do.   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stardust said:

You are including migrant workers, who should not be compared to retired expats.  You need better comparisons than that. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CamPat said:

You're a Guest here, keep out of politcs. Amen. If you don't like it go home to your own country and demonstrate there. Good luck.

So true- I am here to retire and chill out. The less I know the better. I will study up on what is happening around me, but rocking the boat was a much younger version of me.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Paco said:

Then why we treated like shit if we are guests???

I've never experienced It, maybe we should be changed to You

• Like 1

Just now, Pinetree said:

You are including migrant workers, who should not be compared to retired expats.  You need better comparisons than that. 

I am talking about all foreigners and for sure I also know for example many German with Thaipassports not included. Many Germans I kniw who work long time and have family here have Thai passports. I met on German family their Company was found hundred years ago in Thailand. I guess you even not know that Grimm, Haefele etc etc are German companies. Or a prominent example of newer ones from a Thaiger article

https://thethaiger.com/news/business/germanys-finest-engineering-applied-to-residential-properties-in-pattaya

and for sure retirees are a minority, thats what I explained!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stardust said:

I am talking about all foreigners and for sure I also know for example many German with Thaipassports not included. Many Germans I kniw who work long time and have family here have Thai passports. I met on German family their Company was found hundred years ago in Thailand. I guess you even not know that Grimm, Haefele etc etc are German companies. Or a prominent example of newer ones from a Thaiger article

https://thethaiger.com/news/business/germanys-finest-engineering-applied-to-residential-properties-in-pattaya

and for sure retirees are a minority, thats what I explained!!!

Grimm founded 137 years ago and still by the family

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesasia/2015/04/01/a-link-to-history/

and many others

https://www.ft.com/content/d28a26c3-2719-454d-82d3-1121d91e8f0a

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/pr/2226359/b-grimm-–-the-longest-established-company-in-thailand

and there are also few german trading companies founded in the last century and still family owned. Bangkok, Chonbury are 2000 German companies.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Grimm founded 137 years ago and still by the family

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesasia/2015/04/01/a-link-to-history/

and many others

https://www.ft.com/content/d28a26c3-2719-454d-82d3-1121d91e8f0a

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/pr/2226359/b-grimm-–-the-longest-established-company-in-thailand

and there are also few german trading companies founded in the last century and still family owned. Bangkok, Chonbury are 2000 German companies.

Europeans who born in Thailand, or live long time in Thailand, work and have families here, or are from mixed families are really annoyed of this posters who wanna explain them Thailand and what they have to think or explain them what Thai people think after they read or hear their statements and realizing they not know Thailand or even not understand Thai but then not can accept that they not agree or critize them. The top of it they think they are the representives of the foreigners and even think they know it better than the ones who born in Thailand. They think the majority of foreigners are retirees, english native speakers or extented tourists . They have no knowledge about Europeans or mixed (European Thai) in Thailand and that they have families/relatives here, work or have companies, businesses etc here and this traditionally over a century. 

• Like 1