News Forum - COVID-19 SUNDAY: Record low deaths, 8,077 infections

Thaiger

Today, Covid-19 deaths fell to single digits for the first time since at least the beginning of April of last year, hospitalisations have increased, but severe cases in the ICU have fallen. The CCSA reported 8,077 new Covid-19 infections (though the provincial reports say only 7795), up 284 since yesterday, and 9 Coronavirus-related deaths, down 9 from yesterday. Since April 1, 2021, in the latest wave of the virus in Thailand, a total of 2,295,612 confirmed Covid-19 infections have been reported, with 21,925 total deaths from the pandemic. In the 24 hour period since the last count, the CCSA has […]

The story COVID-19 SUNDAY: Record low deaths, 8,077 infections as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

the surge is coming....I wish it wasn't....but it's coming.... 

Yeah but its an omicron surge not a delta one.

We might, finally, be seeing an end to this nightmare.

The surge is already in Thailand - they are just not testing that many people and not advertising how many are being tested (last I looked). Plus Thais are very reluctant to get PCR tested if they test positive on a RAT, as they then cannot work if have a positive PCR. Omicron is not as bad - so the Thais are holding back until/if/when they get really sick. 

Compared to the highly civilised world🙄, the numbers have always been low to reasonable - through every wave, surge, assorted variant, early on mangled vaccine management, etc. Largely reflective of Asia [in general], actually. 

If one wishes to seek and demand critique about the whole, one just requires to look at the industrial West where it's really screwed up - and continues to be from the last couple of years. 

15 hours ago, Rain said:

Compared to the highly civilised world🙄, the numbers have always been low to reasonable - through every wave, surge, assorted variant, early on mangled vaccine management, etc. Largely reflective of Asia [in general], actually. 

If one wishes to seek and demand critique about the whole, one just requires to look at the industrial West where it's really screwed up - and continues to be from the last couple of years. 

I know there will be many who will say that "This is TH, and we can't believe them even of the tell us they are lying", but I am happily surprised at the trajectory the TH figures have taken compared to say, the UK.

When the UK hit 2k cases per day with Omicron, within a week, this had surged to 10K, so when I saw TH record 2k cases, I was predicting 10K by Sunday 9th, and expecting 100k cases by yesterday. They still haven't reached 10K.

So based on the UK figures, either TH has hidden 90%+ of new infections, or they are doing something right. My money is on the latter. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

I know there will be many who will say that "This is TH, and we can't believe them even of the tell us they are lying", but I am happily surprised at the trajectory the TH figures have taken compared to say, the UK.

When the UK hit 2k cases per day with Omicron, within a week, this had surged to 10K, so when I saw TH record 2k cases, I was predicting 10K by Sunday 9th, and expecting 100k cases by yesterday. They still haven't reached 10K.

So based on the UK figures, either TH has hidden 90%+ of new infections, or they are doing something right. My money is on the latter. 

Well Thailand still has very strict domestic restrictions than say the US/UK

We were in NYC and Boston when Omicron was surging and there were almost no restrictions 

Middle of the winter with bars and restaurants packed for Xmas parties 

So I think that is a huge difference 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Well Thailand still has very strict domestic restrictions than say the US/UK

We were in NYC and Boston when Omicron was surging and there were almost no restrictions 

Middle of the winter with bars and restaurants packed for Xmas parties 

So I think that is a huge difference 

Which I think supports my view, that TH must be doing something right.

5 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

Which I think supports my view, that TH must be doing something right.

I think Thailand's biggest problem is that they fill up their hospitals needlessly 

Then they can't get a true picture of if their hospitals are being stressed 

But it does seem they are changing that policy, albeit slowly 

• Like 2