News Forum - Pork, petrol and noodles – inflation impacting prices in Thailand

Thaiger

Heading into 2022, the ‘I’ word is spooking economists around the world as they look at tools to try and control rampant inflation. Even in Thailand there has been big rises in staples, making headlines this week, particularly in the pork industry. Meat and produce prices have been sneaking up and now impacting the cost of living for everyone living in the country. The Thai PM Prayut Chan-o-cha is calling on the Ministry of Commerce and Ministry of Energy to hold urgent talks with producers of food and essentials about price freezes or other tools to control the rising prices. […]

The story Pork, petrol and noodles – inflation impacting prices in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

14 minutes ago, Vince said:

Ok, so if African Swine Flu is causing a pork shortage, is African Noodle Flu causing a noodle shortage?

Aha! So you've also been reading the alternative news that has been suppressed by the MSM. There are millions of Africans working tirelessly to produce more African Noodles.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Vince said:

Thai President Foods' mama noodles are my go-to favorites, and I want to try this new flavor!

https://www.mama.co.th/en/new-products-detail/479/Oriental-Style-Instant-Cup-Noodles-Shrimp-Tom-Yum-Flavour

The latest flavour is gaining popularity - Oriental-Style-Instant-Cup-Noodles-Crocodile-Tom-Yum-Flavour

IMO Worldwide inflation is mainly caused by Government lockdowns over Covid and enforced quarantine, as well as genuine illnesses.  It will worsen due to shipping costs running at an all time high and a massive backlog of goods awaiting sea transport.

Australian supermarket shelves have been emptied by panic buying due in part, to diesel (additive) shortages but mainly through enforced quarantine for logistic company drivers who test +ve.  Short supply in turn causes inflation. 

• Like 4

Just now, KaptainRob said:

The latest flavour is gaining popularity - Oriental-Style-Instant-Cup-Noodles-Crocodile-Tom-Yum-Flavour

IMO Worldwide inflation is mainly caused by Government lockdowns over Covid and enforced quarantine, as well as genuine illnesses.  It will worsen due to shipping costs running at an all time high and a massive backlog of goods awaiting sea transport.

Australian supermarket shelves have been emptied by panic buying due in part, to diesel (additive) shortages but mainly through enforced quarantine for logistic company drivers who test +ve.  Short supply in turn causes inflation. 

So you see this as supply chain bottlenecks causing inflation? Interesting. Makes sense. 

Mama noodles are made in Thailand. So there could still be labor shortages in the mama noodles factory...

Thai President Foods says no price increase: 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

I really thought you were joking...

3ac254d60abf484f8980155be584fae6.webp.b4024ac4fa0feae06ebd6a5f7d4981bf.webp3ac254d60abf484f8980155be584fae6.webp.b4024ac4fa0feae06ebd6a5f7d4981bf.webp

https://www.wongnai.com/reviews/0c76ad90cefc4cee8ce2112d576b2e2c

• Like 1
  • Cool 2

2 hours ago, Faraday said:
2 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

There are millions of Africans working tirelessly to produce more African Noodles.

Same Udon.

I think the Udon Noodles are blanched more than the African Noodles, aren't they?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Faraday said:
25 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I think the Udon Noodles are blanched more than the African Noodles, aren't they?

Sounds a bit racist, Dad.

That never entered my mind son.  I reckon you must be woke, looking to be offended. 🤣

edit: Thinking about it, you could be right. The Africans are well known to be fast runners, so would win any race.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

big rises in staples

My Doc' told me I needed a staple diet so I said " sorry I don't eat metal " and left , so I don't know why they want them in Thailand .. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Dedinbed said:

big rises in staples

My Doc' told me I needed a staple diet so I said " sorry I don't eat metal " and left , so I don't know why they want them in Thailand .. 

Just can't see the attraction of them myself.

• Like 2

Meat and produce prices have been sneaking up

behind people and startling them by saying Moo .?

Whadya call a small pork farm .? 

A hamlet  ..

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dedinbed said:

behind people and startling them by saying Moo .?

Whadya call a small pork farm .? 

A hamlet  ..

Whadya  call a small person meditating?
An ommm-let.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dedinbed said:
3 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Witch doctor?

Hahaha .. I don't know witch doctor there are loads of them .. 

They're all spontaneous - they make it up as they go along.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

They're all spontaneous - they make it up as they go along.

Whadya call two witches sharing an apartment .? 

Broomates .. 

• Haha 2

Nice to see a bit of comedy for a change from the usual nonsense but you are ALL banned herewith for the next 24 seconds as a result of breaking guidelines!

Please try and stay on topic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Cool 4

21 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Heading into 2022, the ‘I’ word is spooking economists around the world as they look at tools to try and control rampant inflation. Even in Thailand there has been big rises in staples, making headlines this week, particularly in the pork industry. Meat and produce prices have been sneaking up and now impacting the cost of living for everyone living in the country. The Thai PM Prayut Chan-o-cha is calling on the Ministry of Commerce and Ministry of Energy to hold urgent talks with producers of food and essentials about price freezes or other tools to control the rising prices. […]

Amount spend during the last 2 years for covid has to be reclaimed back sometime....

9 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

Amount spend during the last 2 years for covid has to be reclaimed back sometime....

Isn't that what IMF loans are for...?